“Good location!” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
“Good location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. It was centrally located for my appointments in the Appleton area. The staff were very friendly, true to what I come to expect at any of the Marriott properties. Breakfast was OK - typically Fairfield Inn fare. Room was clean and quiet. Walking distance to restaurants and short drive to mall and other area restaurants.
Will use this hotel again on my trips to the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Room was clean and beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was simple but good. Staff was friendly. My only complaint would be there was no hot tub (we like after a day of shopping). We would stay again on a weekend getaway. Maybe they could bring back the hot tub??

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

went on a college vist and the place was fine. there is no gym so be prepared to take a hike to the local Y to work out. not very convient for a trip wehre you want to work out and shower in your room. otherwise unremarkable hotel. bright light outside of our room due ot a flood light was really annoying as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ashland, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed several nights here as we arrived just before a big winter storm approached. The staff at Fairfield Inn greeted us in a very friendly manner, offered us driving directions as our GPS seem to be giving us attitude that day. (LoL) Our room was very nice and our stay there very productive. Front desk and house keeping was very accomodating and we appreciate that.
Enjoyed a few near by places to eat which were recommended by the staff at Fairfield In. We also received very good service at those places too. Appleton area sure knows how to welcome guests and business. Appleton area is #1 in our book and so is Fairfield Inn. We even had time to catch up with some dear friends we haven't seen in awhile during our trip to the Fox Valley Area. This area could end up being our home one day and Fairfield was our :Welcome Wagon" experience to that decision in so many ways. Thank you kindly. Applause Applause to your staff and management team at Fairfield Inn.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Melinda V, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind words about our Hotel, Staff and Clean Rooms! We appreciate you letting us know that we are doing a great job and I am so glad you really enjoyed your stay with us!
Tacoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is located in a great area with many food options. The price point was reasonable and the parking was ample. It was a busy weekend that my family and I stayed, but you can tell that this hotel is taken care of really well. The manager was working and she was amazing! So was the rest of the staff, they really went above and beyond to make us feel at home. Thats what I look for in a hotel when I travel, a clean place, where the people really make you want to stay there and this place nails it! Customer service is so poor anymore that it is really refreshing to visit a hotel and have a wonder experience. I will be back for them alone. They were really intrested in our visit and us. Thank you, I hope this team reamins intact.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Melinda V, Manager at Fairfield Inn Appleton, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We appreciate you staying with us and hope you come to see us again!
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I'm a fanatic about maximizing my marriott points so I stay here when visiting the area. I've probably stayed around 4 times, each for a minimum of 3 nights.

As others noted it's not the cleanest place on the planet, but it's an older property. Walls are thin, floors are thin, pool is tiny, rooms are small, and a horrible view.

It should be cheaper than the $99 that I normally pay, but again, got to get those points!

Location isn't horrible, but don't expect any fine dining (or healthy) options in the area. The fitness room is tiny, and the pool is usually filled with kids and families on the weekends.

I'll still stay there, until a newer marriott in the area opens up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

The sheets were not well fitted to the mattress I slept on. When I got up in the morning and opened the curtains I noticed a GIANT urine stain on the mattress! I am done with Marriott and its poor housekeeping practices! I have never been so disgusted in my life!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Fairfield Inn Appleton? Share your experiences!