“A Must Stay B & B in Appleton, WI” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Appleton Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Appleton
The Appleton Inn
You added The Appleton Inn to your Saves list
300 W. Prospect Avenue, Appleton, WI 54911 (Formerly the Quilt-N-Be Bed and Breakfast)   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Appleton B&B and Inns
Lodi, WI
“A Must Stay B & B in Appleton, WI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

We can’t wait for our next opportunity to stay at the “Quilt ‘N Bee” Bed and Breakfast in Appleton, Wisconsin. In addition to the prime location that is within walking distance of downtown Appleton, it is even closer to the Fox River where you can take quiet leisurely strolls along the river. The B & B is bright, cheerful and welcoming. From the moment you drive into the driveway, you are made to feel part of the family. Carole and Gordie, the owners, are as gracious and warm as anyone could possibly expect. They are knowledgeable and willing experts on the local area. They take and show a great deal of pride in their establishment. They are willing to give you a tour at a drop of the hat and we assure you it is well worth the time. Carole is a master seamstress whose quality work is displayed throughout the B & B. You can see evidence of Gordie’s handiwork at maintaining, upgrading and improving the rooms. All this, coupled with superb breakfasts make the “Quilt ‘N Bee” a must stop if you are in the Appleton, WI area.

Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2007

While my son spent the night at Lawrence University, I spent the night at the Quilt-N-Be Bed & Breakfast. My spacious beautiful room afforded me all the comforts that I needed after a long drive from Kentucky. My room, with large comfortable chairs and a gas fireplace, provided a place to spend the evening reading. The television with cable allowed me to stay abreast of the unusual impending April Midwest snow storm. My host, Carole and Gordie were so kind in helping me to choose the best route to Minnesota in navigating through the snow storm. I never thought that I would actually enjoy snow in April, but my room with its large windows, fireplace, cozy bed and chairs was the perfect place to settle in and enjoy the beauty of even a spring snow. If my son does choose to attend college at Lawrence, I look forward to many more stays at Appleton’s Quilt-N-Be Bed and Breakfast.

Louisville, KY

• Liked — Very Clean and wonderful hosts
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Harrison Twp., MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2007

My sister -n- law, invited me to a bed and breakfast retreat, to
learn how to quilt. To say the least, I was nervous, not having left my children since they were born and not knowing how to quilt anything. We drove 8 hours from Michigan, and upon arriving in
Appleton were greeted by Carol and Gordie L. of Quilt n Bee B&B.
My experience there was absolutely charming and beautiful. The house built in the 1800's was right out of Better Homes and Garden. Every room was adorable was such a flair for decoration.
We had our own private room with bathroom and small kitchen.
Peace and quiet was at our beckon call, for the week. We enjoyed
delicious breakfasts, and scrumpious lunches from seven course salads with home made croisants, deliteful sandwiches,
with fruit salads. And of course Appleton itself is a quaint and quiet little town, with unique shops and wonderful resteraunts. I
learned, I loved, I relaxed there at the B&B. Carole & Gordie were
nothing but gracious and entertaing hosts with a wonderful sense of humor and wisdom. I am so blessed that I had an opportunity to fellowship with the two of them, and the other guests and I hope one day, I have the opportunity to stay there again. 5 star Inn, 5 star cuisine, 10 star hospitality!!!!

Thanks and God Bless Jill Rubino of Harrison Twp. Michigan

Stayed November 2006
north fond du lac,wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

My daughter and I had a great time and we learned alot. I knew how to
quilt some but still learned alot of new ideas and and easier way of doing things. We had great breakfasts french toast that was delicious
not to mention quiche, Lunch was shrimp salad to die for, also homemade soup, stew with french bread, and build your own sub sandwich then we had deserts. Up stairs was a frig filled with soda, water, juice and milk and a pantry filled with cereal and other munchies. I would stay there again in minute. Carole and Gordie are wonderful hosts. We felt very comfortable and welcome and are happy to call them friends. A big big thumbs up.

• Liked — the beds were very inviting and the food was great
  • Disliked — leaving for home
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2006

My family was gathered in the Fox Cities for a Memorial Service. My family was warmly welcomed at the Quilt -N-Be with open arms. We booked the entire house for two nights. They were served delicious breakfasts and the beds were very comfortable.

This was the first time my 100 year old Grandmother had the opportunity to stay in a B&B and she was just delighted with all the period items in the home. My Aunt is a quilter and now has been given inspiration for a project that my cousin really enjoyed. They visited the fabric store before heading out of town.

Thank you to Carol and Gordie for making their stay so pleasant.

Stayed June 2006
Manhattan, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2006

We had a great time at this cozy bed and breakfast. We have been to several bed and breakfasts across the country and this is one of our favorites. Carol and Gordie made us feel very welcome. The rooms were affordable, roomy, and clean. They have many DVD's to choose from to watch right on the TV in your room. In fact,we had planned on exploring appleton, more that night, but we wound up staying in and enjoying the comforts of our room that night. We were greeted with a nice, big breakfast with fresh orange juice and coffee in the morning. The hosts were very nice people and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2006

The owners were very friendly, felt like we knew them forever! The house was very charming. All rooms were nice size and beautifully decorated. My husband found many tours nearby, while I took a very informative quilting class. The town of Appleton is very clean and unique. Felt very safe in this town. You could walk two blocks to downtown. We have stayed in many bed and breakfasts and this one tops the list.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to The Appleton Inn? Share your experiences!