“Very good Mongolian Grill. Worth the trip.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 327 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Mongolian
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Very good Mongolian Grill. Worth the trip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

HuHut is a "what you see is what you get" kind of place. I like it a lot. They advertise Mongolian barbecue food, and they deliver. There are usually many people there, and the line can extend out the door during busy times. This is not a "sit down" dinner kind of place. It is a fast food concept that has been upgraded to include wait staff, a bar, and a unique barbecue concept. So service is usually prompt--except when they are swamped. Remember this if you are very hungry and its 6 pm--you may wait a half hour or so to be seated.

Of course, you get to pick the ingredients--meats, veggies, sauces, etc. I've tried nearly every combination of meats, sauces, veggies and have yet to pick something I didn't like. I hope people know its not your best choice for a romantic dinner or business meeting. I like to think of it as an Asian version of Fazoli's.. with a bar and wait staff. My 7 year old granddaughter loves it... she gets to pick the more bland meats and sauces she prefers, and she gets to watch the grill masters cook it.

I'll be back many times.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
“Mongolian Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

If you like Mongolian BBQ you have to try HuHot. If you have never tried it, do it. You will be pleased.

As with all Mongolian Grill restaurants, you get to pick the meats, veggies, spices, etc. for your meal and present to to the grill masters who will cook it up for you and present it back. The thing I really liked about this one over others like BD's for example, is the atmosphere. HuHot competes on all levels but excels in the ambiance which makes it feel more upscale. Well done.

My server, Keith, did an excellent job of ensuring my glass was filled, I knew about what was available and providing my check quickly.

This is definitely a place I will go to again and knowing it is a chain, I will look for others as well.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“An excellent something for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

One of the best meals I've had during my travels. You choose all of your ingredients and there are lots of gluten free options. I have food allergies and they were very careful to make sure that my food was cooked separately. It is very reasonably priced and you can eat as much as you like. I travel with students and this restaurant will definitely be added to our itinerary. Great value and service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States
“Something out of the norm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Loved the style of build your own dish. The staff was uber friendly and knew each time that I went up to the grill that I had a seafood allergy and washed and cleared a special area to cook my food on. Great experience. Have been there three times so far

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Decent Mongolian BBQ Chow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

LIKED: the selection.
MEH: The Flip-the-Spatula show that resulted in more spatulas hitting the floor than not.
TOTAL MISS: When folks are loading up 2 and 3 bowls at a time, the folks behind them get the shaft as they empty the meat bowls and then have to wait for the staff to fill them up. If you are going to allow these chuckleheads to horde the chow like Genghis Khan, then put more staff on line to refill so the rest of us can move through and get something to eat sometime soon.

Visited July 2013