“My first BAD experience :( Horrible management!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #69 of 315 restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Mongolian
Appleton, Wisconsin
“My first BAD experience :( Horrible management!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

It makes me really sad that I have to write a bad review on what use to me one of my favorite restaurants but my experience today was horrible. The dining room was dirty, the floor had food all over it, the counter tops needed to be wiped down hours ago and we were there at noon. Our high chair was also dirty and had dried food stuck to it from the last 10 times it was used. They must have been short a cook which I understand happens however the lady filling in (we found out later she was the GM) was not friendly at all! She kept yelling for everyone to keep moving around the grill so they could keeps things moving. She could have found a nice polite way to express this to her customers. Her hair was pulled back but not well AT ALL. Her bangs and the sides of her hair were hanging around her face and she was helping the cooks and standing over everyone's food without a hat or hair net. Gross! We brought this to the attention of our server and also the fact that our food was not as good as it usually is and the server was very nice about it and seemed concerned.

As we are trying to enjoy our meal to our surprise we over hear the GM Rachell complaining to one of her male servers about having to put a hat on because a customer complained. Our table was close to the grill and the kitchen but obviously the GM did not know we were sitting right there! This was very unprofessional and scary at the same time! If the GM doesn't care about sanitation and health codes who will??? No wonder the restaurant was a mess already at lunch time! To make matters worse we hear the GM again complaining about us to our server. She then asks what table made the comment about her hair! They both them looked over at us! She never confronted us about it just talked about us to all of her employees and stared at us. Again how unprofessional! All I can say is WOW and she either needs a vacation because she is crabby and stressed or maybe she needs a different career. Our server did her best considering who her leader is! I sure would not want her leading my team!!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Fun Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had never been to a Mongolian grill before, and I really enjoyed the experience. Patrons can follow a recipe card when filling their bowl, though adventurous diners can enjoy coming up with their own creation. All of the rice, noodles, and vegetables looked fresh, while the meat was freeze dried. I had two servings and wish I could have eaten more. It was SO good that I don't think you could make a bad combination. You stand around the outside of the round grill watching multiple chefs stir and clank their cooking utensils. I'm anxious to take other friends to HuHot the next time I'm in Green Bay.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Slinger, Wisconsin
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

If you like Mongolian food this place is the bomb! I have eaten at many different HuHot's and I have never had a bad meal

Visited February 2013
Neenah, Wisconsin
“As always, delish and packed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Can't go wrong with HuHot! Love this place! Everytime we have friends come into town we take them here! The service is excellent and the food is awesome because you can make your own and keep going up for seconds and thirds if you wish! If you go on Wednesday nights they have Date Night for Two for $30! It's worth it!

Visited October 2012
Northeast Wisconsin
“needs new design”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Food is always good and grillers are fun but the space is too small and the traffic pattern from getting your bowls, sidestepping staff trying to access the coolers and get around the sauces is crowded.

Visited January 2013