“Great Hotel- pool area too much chlorine!!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Appleton
West Allis, Wisconsin
“Great Hotel- pool area too much chlorine!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable, location to mall and food was very convenient. The only complaint is the pool area. The chlorine content was so extreme that my eyes actually burned and my family and I could not be in the area anymore. I have never had a problem with chlorine before this. Overall, great hotel but if you want to swim for a while and relax in the hot tub I would not recommend this one unless they change the amount of chlorine in the pool and hot tub.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Comfort Dome, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to review your recent stay. I was not aware of any pool chemistry problems in October, so now I will double check our equipment and testing records to see where the problem was. We definitely want our guests to be able to enjoy the largest indoor hotel pool and hot tub in the Fox Cities while they are staying with us. Thanks again for alerting us to the problem. I hope you will try us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Aurora, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've stayed here several times over the last several years and continue to go back. Close to Fox Valley Technical College. Typical Comfort Inn breakfast menu, but the breakfast meat is significantly better than Comfort Inns I stay at across the country. Not sure why that is, but I always look forward to it.

I must admit that this year, they put me in a room at the back of the hotel. Quiet and clean, but getting a little rough around the edges. Carpet had some snags, bathroom beginning to look a little dated, but still a great hotel for the rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Comfort Dome, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Comfort Suites Appleton. I am sure many travelers to the Fox Cites will find it helpful. I will pass on your comments to the owners and staff. We are in the process of continued updating of the Hotel to keep things fresh. We hope to see you again soon and let us know how you like the updates to the property.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We normally stay here when visting family or on business. Have stayed here numerous times. Great place, very helpful and nice employees. We were there on a thurs due to my mom being in the hospital, back on following saturday due to her passing away. Manager recognized me, asked why back so soon. Explained why and he upgraded us to pool suite so our kids could try to make the circumstances more enjoyable. Very pleased.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Comfort Suites Appleton on TripAdvisor. I was so please to hear the staff exceeded your expectations and made a sad time for you and your family a little better. Our motto is "Creating Memories by Exceeding guests expectations". I have shared your comments with the staff and we will continue to strive to provide the best guest service in our industry. Best Regards.
White Bear Lake, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Amazing Hotel, Very nice staff. Nice rooms, Hugh pool and hot tub. Happy Hour 5-7 with a full open bar. How much more relaxing could something be? Rooms were very clean, if your environmentally friendly very amazing was they save energy. Breakfast bar was nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
cgifford, General Manager at Comfort Suites Comfort Dome, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
We at Comfort Suites Appleton are so glad to here you enjoyed your stay with us. Our most important goal is to make sure every guest has a positive experience staying at our Hotel. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and other potential future guests. Hope to see you again in the future.
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We usually stay here as they allow pets. Last time we stayed the room smelled and was in bad shape, but I did complain and they upgraded us to a suite. This time I was a little hesitant, but I read reviews and I knew they were updating this Hotel. When we arrived I asked for an updated room and explained what happened last time. She mentioned she would put us on the second floor as those rooms weren't used as much. We went to the room, it was clean, but furniture was old and somewhat banged up and it smelled. We opened the windows to get freash air in. The batroom had been updated but a poor job at that. See attached photos. Two lights in the room didn't work and the door didn't lock. They did fix the door but not the lights. As far as the breakfast in the morning, that was nothing to write home about either. And the front desk help was not very friendly. We travel around enough that we know the good from the bad. Was it clean? Yes? That is important to us. Is there room for improvement, yes. Would I stay here again, I am not sure. Unfortunately in Appleton there are not a lot of places that allow for Pets. Or if they do, they charge a lot. Here it is only $10.00.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Please accept my personal apologies that you did not enjoy your stay at the Comfort Suites Appleton. It is always our goal to make sure every guest has a positive experience during their stay with us. I really do appreciate your comments and will review them with the staff and owners of the Hotel. We strive to make continual improvements to the property and our services. Your feedback is crucial to this process. Thank you again for the review and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed over one Friday night in September to visit other family.
OVERALL HOTEL:
Looks nice inside and out. Has a lot to offer for a family stay.
ROOM: Clean and relatively modern, but a little close in furniture layout. Have stayed in other rooms with as much furniture and a bit more walking space between furniture. But, it was manageable for the five of us especially for one night.
BATHROOM:
Nicely done. Marble/granite look and modern and very clean. Although the fan in our bathroom was VERY loud and vibrated.
BEDS: A bit hard and unforgiving. Not all too comfortable. None of us really slept well.
BREAKFAST: Basic and typical plus "the waffle" and also hot eggs and sausage on our day. Coffee OK.
ACTIVITY DOME: Really nice sized pool and whirlpool. Small game room and ping pong table as well as casual tables set around. Warm and smelled like chlorine, but not too bad. Was a little noisier than I thought it would be as we had a room with patio doors to the dome. Not worth the noise and next time will request room away from dome.

Room Tip: Room away from dome will be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your stay at the Comfort Suites Appleton. Your comments were excellent and will help many travelers in their decision making process on where to stay when traveling to the Fox Cities. I will also review them with the owners and staff so that we can make changes to better reach our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. Thank you again for your review and I hope you will stay with us again when traveling to the Appleton Area.
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Great location near the highway, dining and the mall.
Good selection of tv, free wi-fi and swimming pool. Lobby is nice to sit and read, or use the internet to pring up a few things.
Free breakfast is average. No room service or in-house dining. But, you can walk to Wendy's and Arby's... or to the Kwik-Trip for soda or other misc needs.
Frig and microwave in the rooms. Great place to stay for Packer games, but you'll still need to make the 30 mile drive up to GB.
If you are passing through and need a good resting stop, pick this one.
Then, treat yourself to dinner at Famous Daves a couple blocks away.

Room Tip: Ask for the East Side of the building, ground floor. This is away from the highway noise and busy a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Comfort Suites Appleton. Your comments were very informative and paint a great picture of what our Hotel has to offer our guests. I am sure many travelers will find it very helpful. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thanks again for sharing your experience. Hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Comfort Suites Comfort Dome? Share your experiences!