This hotel was given a four-star rating, but it's far from it. I have stayed in four-star and five-star hotels in Brazil, and this one does not come close. But, it's not that bad.
- right in front of the beach
- walking distance to some great restaurants
- very attentive service from the staff. The let us check out at a much later time because our flight back was very late
- breakfast - quite the collection
- in front of the hippie fair
- has a shop, restaurant, swimming pool with bar, ice cream parlor, and a travel agent to book your daily adventures
- although it's in front of the beach, it's not a beach that you want to go to. It's smelly, dirty, and according to the doorman, can be dangerous. Take a cab to Praia do Fatura (about R$10)
- only floors 10 and 11 have a balcony. You want to be up there, because of the noise down below
- there was a thunderstorm one night, and when we woke up, the lobby ceiling was leaking all over the place (not what you would expect from a four-star hotel)
- almost everyday, there was something that was not working properly. However, the hotel staff did take care of everything when it broke down
- there was a cockroach in our light fixture. It had apparently been there for quite some time
- the beds are not very comfortable, and the sheets had a moldy smell to it
- the safe is going to cost you R$2/day
- again, don't go to the beach in front of the hotel if you're looking to suntan
- the taxis will take you everywhere, but traffic is pretty bad, so plan accordingly
- beware of any hotel that says it is one block from the beach. That one block is not a safe block to be walking at night. Stay at a hotel on Avenida Beira Mar
- I paid R$274/night (about US$162). We got this price off of the internet, and it's a good thing, too, because it's much more expensive at the hotel.
- the various beaches away from the hotel are amazing, but the city leaves a lot to be desired (not very clean)
All in all, it was an enjoyable trip, but in the long run, the hotel, nor the city, would be a place that I would revisit.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
We received, through the site Trip Advisor, your comments about your stay at our hotel in January 2011.
We are sorry because we couldn´t reach all of yours expectations.
We carry through the necessary verifications, and already done the solutions.
Thanks for your understanding and thanks for the cumpliments to our staff.
We hope you can come to visit us and see all the changes we have done in our hotel.
Anna Paula Bezerra
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.