“If you have no standards, this is the place for you!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of America's Best Inn Antigo

You added America's Best Inn Antigo to your Saves list
America's Best Inn Antigo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   525 Memory Lane, Antigo, WI 54409 (Formerly Days Inn of Antigo)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Antigo
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
“If you have no standards, this is the place for you!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

For 3 years I have used this hotel for weekly work travel, and have watched it slowly decline to what it is now. I gave it a 3-strikes-you're-out chance, and those 3 strikes have all occurred within the last year under the new ownership.
- Continental breakfast is 4 types of Little Debbie snacks.
- Obvious disrepair like debris at the bottom of a tepid hot-tub, leaky showers, and burned out light bulbs.
- Repeated lack of business knowledge in the hospitality department. i.e. calling me on my cell 3 times after I checked out, leaving argumentative voicemail insisting I come back right then and pay more due to their own error.

I have since taken my business elsewhere, and in hindsight, can't believe I didn't do it sooner.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for room 201. It's a decent suite. The lower even numbers (100, 102...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

excellant mangent and good environment, it was a nice lloking property.pool was very clean. front desk was soo friendlyy i cant even explain.rooms very clean management was awsome.i will deffinatelyy visit this place again and also remcommed to my freinds as well..................em.............

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here on August 4th. It was AWFUL! I was expecting candid camera to show up. We sat down to watch tv & the screen went black, Called the manager he banged on the back to get it to start. It made me wonder if he didn't know there was a problem. It happened every 10 minutes for over an hour. We were NOT amused!
Went swimming in the morning. The towels were hand towels. Note to mgmt for a room over $90 people expect that a singlepool towel will cover & dry them. Are you REALLY saving $$ by using smaller ones when visitors use a number of them?
The breakfast was to be available until 9am it closed at 8:50am while we were there. The woman came in, in a fury quickly putting the items away. Now for this continental breakfast. It was Little Debbie's ( cookies with cream filling) And no Orange Juice but Sunny D! Are they kidding me.? My friend & I had 2 rooms at over $90 EACH. Enjoy it! I hope that no else has to endure this treatment. at this price, it was ridiculous! This is NOT even close to a metro area, it is the middle of nowhere.
Only positive comment the room was clean.... and a quiet apology. PLEAAAAAZE!

Room Tip: Stay in Rhinelander, worth the short ride!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wausau, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Horrible time, I booked the room online and when I got there they stacked extra fees on once I got there. My room was dirty and the shower leaked all night. When I told management they said they would "take care of it". The management was exceptionally rude and I would NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE STAY HERE EVER.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Norway, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The Days Inn in Antigo WI is no longer a Days Inn. I suspect due to the lack of standards upheld by the management. It has been taken over by Americas Best Inn and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. My room was not clean. It had hair on the pillow from the previous visitor and a dirty wash cloth still in the shower. There was food under the bed. My son fell in a hole in a hole in the pool area and gashed his leg. It appeared that a grate had been removed in the tiles. Apparently my son was the second child to fall into the hole. When bringing it up to the owner, his remark was the kids moved the chair and it wasn't his fault. If we wanted, he would shut down the entire pool. The continental breakfast that was there was stale, and the second day there wasn't any food. When requesting a credit for the poor service and standards, I was told the breakfast was free so there was no amount to credit. It was a filty, dirty hotel in which we would have left if the entire town wasn't booked solid due to the baseball tournement. The nearest vacancy was over 30 min away. The pool had sand in the bottom and chemicals so strong many kids had red swollen eyes and reactions to even just the pool area.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here. Our room was beautiful! From our understanding all the rooms have been re-decorated. The bathroom was immaculate with all of those also re-done recently. In visiting with the current owners they said they purchased it less than two months ago and have been making improvements during the off season. This was our first trip to the Antigo area, but if we go back we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Place had obvious water damage. Stinks. If you decide to stay, look at room before you pay. Owner will charge you $25 to clean even if you argue to get out of the room. Better yet, just skip completely.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to America's Best Inn Antigo? Share your experiences!