“My busy, busy husband stopped to awe this beach” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Attractions in Trancoso
Type: Beaches, Outdoors
Stowe, Vermont
13 attraction reviews
“My busy, busy husband stopped to awe this beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

We took a taxi from town, it took about 15 minutes because the road is not good. We were let off at a beach bar, where we sat for a while, while the kids played on the beach. Then we decided to walk for about a mile down the beach to a hotel where we wanted to eat lunch. It was one of the prettiest beach walks we have ever done and at one point my husband stopped and said this is what heaven looks like. My husband and I also discussed the advantages of staying at a hotel on this beach or wonderful small hotel in town. He voted to stay in town because if you stay in town you can walk to the charming town for shopping and eating much easier and if you stay on the beach you may never leave. For me it is a tie, I can see wanting to be near this lovely beach for most of my stay, but I do like to shop!

Visited April 2011

Rio de Janeiro
98 attraction reviews
“Nice water, a bit windy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is a beautiful beach with warm water, but as Trancoso can be a bit windy, so you may want to walk over to Coqueiros beach.

Visited October 2011
Belo Horizonte Brasil
13 attraction reviews
“Beautiful beach, good for walking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

It's a beautiful and extense beach, with clean water at a nice temperature. The sea it's not agitated, so you can flutuate and relax.
There's a wide strip sand, usually not inclinated - great for walks. We walked about seven Kilometers at each direction.
There are some beach bars. Some are crowded because of the touristic excursions. Others are from the Quadrado's Hotel so are reserved or preferential for their guests. As finding a place could be a problem, you better take some water and snacks with you.

Visited August 2011
São Paulo, Brazil
8 attraction reviews
“A piece of paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

With 4 kms, it is the longest beach in Trancoso. Good for walking in the mornings and then having lunch in the restaurants.
In the afternoons you can go to the Rio Trancoso, where this beach begins, and have a bath of sweet water and check the crabs and fishes.
Or take surfing lessons with Romualdo, best instructor I ever met.
In short: do NOT miss it.

Visited February 2011