This was one of the most luxurious feeling hotels we have stayed in, and we have stayed in many hotels around the world. Everything you could desire is here, a very helpful staff, lovely dining room, pool with a view, lovely lovely roof deck with a bar and superb view, we also had a large private balcony with a view. The bed is the most amazing bed we have ever seen or slept in. I don't know what size you call it, but I called it the "King and Queen" because it seemed as large as both put together. My husband and I are both quite tall, so sometimes we find beds in hotel rooms that aren't quite big enough for us...this bed seemed like the utmost in luxury (and super comfortable, too). The bathroom was spacious with a serious jacuzzi tub, although it was quite hot when we were there so we didn't partake of the jacuzzi. All of these things were enough to recommend this lovely hotel, but the thing that REALLY endeared us was the AMAZING Breakfast in Bed. When we checked in, we were informed that if we wanted breakfast in the room, we coould just call and it would arrive in 10 to 15 minutes. We decided to give it a whirl on the first day. They brought a tray overflowing with all of the things we love, fresh fruit and yogurt, fresh fruit juice, lovely eggs, baked goodies, bread and a carafe of coffee. The only thing missing was a second coffee cup. We were about to ring for a second cup when a knock at the door produced another entire tray of delicious breakfast food....both trays had legs so that you could eat your breakfast comfortably in bed. It was such a perfect selection and we especially like the two huge glasses of fruit juice (orange and another variety which varied from day to day). I put one of my juices in the mini fridge each day and had it to look forward to after walking around in the hot sun. This was such a simply amazing experience that we repeated it for the next two mornings (or our entire stay).
We LOVED Salvador, it is so colorful and alive and we LOVED Casa do Amarelindo. The hotel and location were both absolutely perfect! If we are lucky we will get to go back some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel de charme in a fully restored XIXth colonial house in the very heart of Pelourinho, facing All Saints’ Bay. Sunny swimming pool and panoramic roof-terrace. 10 high standard rooms with luxury bedding, 1 gastronomic restaurant, 2 bars, 1 solarium, 1 fitness. All rooms with full sound insulation, air conditioning, ceiling fan, free broad-band internet access, free electronic safe, LCD TV, DVD, frigo-bar. Most rooms with private terrace or balcony with bay or city view. Free WiFi at restaurant, lobby and garden-bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Casa do Amarelindo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Do Amarelindo Salvador
- Casa Do Amarelindo Hotel
- Hotel Casa Do Amarelindo Salvador, Bahia, Brazil