We stayed here for four nights in a lovely room on the second floor. My sister had a room in the lush courtyard. Very comfortable, clean and quiet. The staff were helpful, breakfast was delicious and we found the location to be very convenient to main historic areas. You do have to be aware of your surroundings when out and about and take proper precautions, however this is true for most of Salvador - and many of the world's big cities - I should think. We had no problems even when returning home late (11-12pm) from dinner. Its a beautiful, historic area that is being gradually restored so yes there are some derelict buildings however overall it is full of life and character with plenty to see. Take heed of Charles's (the owner) tips for where to eat - he lives there and knows what he's talking about - we had brilliant coffee and great food on his recommendations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Redfish is a lovely hotel/pousada located in the Centro Historico, a short stroll from the famous Pelourinho. It was rebuilt and is owned and run by an English artist in the style of a comfortable guesthouse with a strong aesthetic appeal. This means Redfish is very spacious and has beautiful, high, wooden ceilings, patterned stone floors and painted furniture thoughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Pousada Redfish reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Redfish Hotel Salvador
- Pousada Redfish Salvador, Bahia, Brazil