“fantastic stay at Monte Pascoal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Pascoal Praia Hotel Salvador

You added Monte Pascoal Praia Hotel Salvador to your Saves list
Monte Pascoal Praia Hotel Salvador
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Oceanica, 591 | Barra, Salvador, State of Bahia, Brazil   |
Ranked #25 of 106 Hotels in Salvador
London, United Kingdom
“fantastic stay at Monte Pascoal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Arrived on 26th July , wow what a location, stayed in room 803 full ocean view and lighthouse view room. A taxi from Salvador airport shouldn't cost you anymore than 70-80 reais but you need to negotiate or they will charge alot more. The hotel location is great right on the beach front, an ice cream shop across the road and subway and a burger place too if you so wish, there are a couple of local restaurants within a 5 minute walk from the hotel and a few cafes walking towards the lighthouse , they have made the beachfront road pedestrians only and is a nice 10 minute stroll to the lighthouse, amazing for evening sunsets. 15 minutes walk away is the huge shopping mall Barra shopping. The hotel is clean and of a very good standard I would give it a 3-4 star u.k rating, the most amazing selection for breakfast and if you ask they can cook you coconut tapioca pancakes in the kitchen.I ate in the hotel restaurant a couple of evenings and it was cheaper than the local restaurant. It's great for visiting the city and I took an excursion to Praia do forte to visit the turtle sanctuary and some beautiful beaches along the way, it's nice to get out of the city for the day, thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wasilla, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Visited during World Cup for a week. We wanted to stay along the beach so we chose this hotel. Great location in Barra area and friendly staff. Things we needed were within walking distance. We recommend and would stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarsota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had a wonderful stay here for the world cup. The breakfast itself is worth the price of admission !!! Phillipe at the front was about as good as they get as far as helping us with his perfect english. Not many hotel hosts in Brazil seem to speak English, his is about as good as it gets. Great Saty

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Woodland Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed here during the World Cup. This is by far the best hotel of all the over-priced hotels we stayed at ;)
Great location, so you will hear noise from the street. Walking distance to Barra Shopping center--huge shopping mall. Walking distance to the beach, restaurants, Nautical Museum, San Antonio Fort.
But it's the little things I liked--sturdy napkins in the dining room, free welcome drinks, lots of fruits, bread choices for breakfast (see my pics). The airconditoning unit was great.
My only negative is that they didn't hire enough English-speaking staff. I heard there was one, but I didn't meet her. Almost everyone staying at the time did not speak Portuguese. AND the staff was not helpful in recommending transportation services to the game given that they had a FIFA certificate on the wall.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We spent six nights here and think we picked a great hotel. We didn't get an ocean view which was a shame because the view wasn't very nice- although we could just see the sea if we looked out of our balcony. The traffic noise could also be a bit loud in the morning because it's on a main road (hence good location) but this wasn't too bad and you got used to it. The hotel was lovely and clean and the staff (particularly Fillipe on reception) were exceptional! Couldn't really fault it at all. The restaurant and bar were very fairly priced and everyone very helpful and polite. Great location for us being on the beach and right near the fan zone for the world cup games. Only gripe is with Salvador generally not being very well geared up for the WC (hardly anyone spoke English or had English menu's etc) but it was ok to get by, probably our own fault for not learning some basic Portuguese! Great place though would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: I would upgrade to the ocean view if I went back
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
PDX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The review just prior to mine says basically what we would say. We visited Salvador for World Cup and the location was perfect. We high a 7th floor room with a full ocean view and it was fantastic. From our balcony we could see surfers and all the way to the Fan Fest. We enjoyed several of the nearby restaurants. The staff at the Monte Pascoal go out of their way to be accommodating, despite the language barrier. There is a young man who speaks very good english, but the entire staff was helpful. Air conditioning was good; showers had hot water and good pressure. The shower is slippery and could use a mat, but the housekeeping staff kept the room very clean. Wifi could be better, but they had it. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and tasty. Overall, we would come back, but would hope for non-World Cup prices!

Room Tip: Go high and choose an ocean view.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I will definitely be staying here again if I ever comeback to Salvador. I loved this hotel. It was right by ocean and I could see people surfing from my hotel window. Not many of the staff spoke english but they still tried their best to help and assure a great stay. We received a pair of haviannas (although the size was too small) as a thank you gift a long with 2 baskets that had some sample drinks and flavours of Bahia. It was very thoughtful and kind of the hotel. On my way back to the airport I asked the guy if I could get a taxi for a cheaper price and he agreed with the taxi driver on a cheaper price for us.

Breakfast was included and it was very delicious. It was a buffet that had an array of fruit, bread, meat, cheese and they served eggs with a few other hot dishes that are Salvadorian. I was here for the World Cup so this hotel costed a fortune however I checked the prices for other times and it's normally cheap. The location was just perfect and it is located in a safe area. A lot of things are in walking distance to this hotel and if you choose to cab then the ride is about 5-10 mins to a lot of attractions.

The only thing I did not like was that my room was located on the street. It was constantly noisy at all hours of the night by partiers and in the mornings you were woken up at 7am by the sound of cars and buses blaring their horns. Aside from that I really enjoyed everything about this hotel and everyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Monte Pascoal Praia Hotel Salvador? Share your experiences!