“Cannot Fault this” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Bahia Hotel

You added Fiesta Bahia Hotel to your Saves list
Fiesta Bahia Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Antonio Carlos Magalhaes, 741, Salvador, State of Bahia 41820000, Brazil   |
Ranked #12 of 108 Hotels in Salvador
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scotland
“Cannot Fault this”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

tremendous. Staff very helpful and could not do enough. rooms beautiful and well serviced. Excellent Pool and bars. Breakfast one of the best I have ever had.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2007

Arrived in Salvador having booked another Hotel but had to leave the hotel because of misleading info we got from hotel but that's another story !!. We found this hotel on the web and they had availability, It wouldn't be my first choice but it is a nice hotel I agree it's a bit dated but the staff were very friendly the pool is nice and I had a great massage while there. we stayed in one of the suites and found it clean and a good size. While In Salvador you need to have your wits about you as there are a lot of beggars and locals trying to sell you stuff or give you braclets (for a donation) if you don't take them you'll be cursed !!

• Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Strassen, Luxembourg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2007

My trip to Salvador was scheduled since a long time and the hotel was chosen by the organizer of a meeting. I took a look on tripadvisor to see what other fellows thought about this hotel. Unluckily I could only find three reviews and they where quite contradicting. In addition, there was no European view among those. Here are my feelings .... as a European :-).

What I liked:
* Very kind staff at the hotel
* The pool's atmosphere

What I liked less:
* The breakfast
* Generally food

What I did not like:
* Look and style (very old fashioned) of the hotel
* Quality of the interior
* Lack of cleaning (there was even a cockroach in the middle of the entry of the conference section and no one really seemed worried about)
* Bed
* Red light in the room stays on permanently

I summary, you can feel at your ease in the hotel due to the friendliness of the staff (which confirms a view expressed in another post). Beside that, the hotel is quite ugly, old-fashioned and I really wonder who they got the five stars, but perhaps I don't understand the criteria at all.

For pictures, just look at the hotel's web site: what you see is what you get. So from this point, the suites should be better.

• Liked — Friendleiness of the staff
  • Disliked — Old and dirty
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chile
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2007

To start with I thing the level of hotels in Brasil is very low and this one is probably above average. The check-in was very long and drawn out, there was a bit of a line and the staff didn’t seem to know who to serve first. The guy who checked me in was polite but very disorganised – a simple checkin taking 20 minutes. Does anyone train these people. My room was facing out onto the main drag and with all the buses it is very noisy – the windows are very thin and don’t stop any of the noise. The room has cheap ceramic floors, in fact everything about the room is cheap, cheap furniture, bed, linen, TV, telephone, lights, one towel in the bedroom, toilet seat lid just hanging on etc etc. I put in my laundry on the first day at 8.00am and they assured me it would be there on my return at 6.00pm. As to be expected my laundry wasn’t returned by 6.00pm and no one could find it. They explained to me very matter of fact that my laundry couldn’t be located and maybe tomorrow they might find it. Thankfully it turned up the next day. I asked to move rooms and the reception told me the hotel was full and to ring back the next day. The broad band internet connection was slow – it took 20minutes to download a 11mb file. The loud piped music in the corridors is just plain annoying. The sound insulation between rooms is very poor- the two guys next to me made sure I didn’t get any sleep as they watched TV all night. The shower drain did not work so when I had a shower the bath filled up with water – some type of water saving device to make people have short showers. The breakfast is quite good, a lot of selection, shower always had hot water and the airconditioning work well. Checkout was quick – about 5 minutes. No surprises in my bill - the cost was Reals$190 per night which includes taxes, R$90 for laundry(4shirts, 3 pairs socks, 3 T-shirts) and R$3 for one telephone call.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Noisy
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2006

I stayed for a week at the Fiesta, prebooked through an agent online. I had checked the hotel's website and felt comfortable, but when I got there I was in shock. It was the ugliest hotel that I had to stay in, in a long time. Don't get me wrong....it wasn't dirty or anything like that, but to me the colours were so drab and dark and ugly. I wondered how I would survive for one week.

I grudgingly checked in and made my way to the room. Luxo my foot!! On entering there was only one bed. I needed two double beds in my room and got one! I went in my miserable state to the front desk anticiating a problem, since it was booked through an agent. It was changed without any hesitation. I did try finding another hotel but everywhere close enough was booked out because of a conference. I decided to make the best of a bad situation.

By the second day, I had mellowed out. The staff at this hotel is excellent; as warm and friendly as Jamaicans, it made the difference for me. The staff at dinner was great, even concerned for me one night when I could not have the regular menu because of a sore tongue; the front desk staff always eager to please, accommodating, always smiling, polite, efficient, offering a good exchange rate for your dollars. Room service was great, Doormen always available to assist guests, I was really impressed.

Breakfast at the Fiesta was good; wide variety, hot and cold and filling, but you know how it gets after a few days. The location is OK. An easy ride to every where and cabs are readily available. There is also a mall across from the hotel. I dined at the hotel except for two nights. The menu selection was good and reasonable. The food was well seasoned just like back home. I was hard pressed to find faults. Everything worked.

For the entire time I was there my only complaint was and still is that Management has to change that drab colour of the hotel. I had to wonder from which angle the website photo was taken because I couldnt identify it. If the hotel brightens its colours, with the excellent service being offered and the reasonable rates, I would not be surprised if it jumped to the number one position on this site.

Keep up the great service Fiesta!

• Liked — Everything worked
  • Disliked — The colours are ugly
  • Tips/Secrets — 1. Search the net for the best rates 2. Their exchange rate is good.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2005

I stayed with my wife four days at the Fiesta. Everything worked well. Front Desk is friendly, clean room, large screen TV, bathroom with everything you need, 24 hours room service. In terms of installations, 2 swimming pools for adults and children, health club, sauna. Breakfast is one of the best in the world with 3 kinds of buffets included in the room rate: International food, local and light/diet.

As it was the first city discovered in Brazil 500 years ago, I recommend you to go to the historic sites and visit some of the 400 churches. The famous and popular food in Bahia is "moqueca". I recommend two restaurants: Yemanja and Paraiso Tropical.

Fiesta is located close to Petrobras, the Brazilian National Oil Company, so it's more visited by business people, but as you need to take a taxi anyway to go to the touristic sites, Fiesta is the best price/performance in Salvador.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Fiesta Bahia Hotel? Share your experiences!