I'm a regular customer since 2003. I've never stayed more than 2 years apart. People keep asking me why are we always coming back, because there are better (and cheaper) places in Brasil and other parts of the world.
Yes, it's true. It's not the best place on earth and it's quite expensive. However, staff is very friendly, they always remember our name, they say "Hello, how nice it is to see you again" when you come back. The food at Goa restaurant is amazing. The new hotel rooms are far better than the old ones, which were not worthy of a hotel of that nature.
The beach is beautiful, although don't expect clean blue water or hot sea. If you stay on the beach watching the sea, you will see really large turtles swimming all over the place. Amazing to see.
The village near by is very nice with lovely (but expensive) shops. We have never felt any danger on the way there, by the road or the beach (only 10 mns walk).
The entertainment at night was far better a few years ago, before the Grupo BES took over the place. We've seen it all, Mexican groups, Portuguese groups, very boring jazz groups, playing stuff not aligned with the atmosphere... You are expecting forró, samba and Brazilian culture, not something you'd rather hear at home, in winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Brazil, to the north of Salvador, Bahia, there is an idyllic place for Ecotourism lovers, which is both beautiful and luxurious. The Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte (former Praia do Forte EcoResort & Thalasso Spa) is a 5 star hotel where simple architecture is in harmony with the stunning scenery and the biodiversity of the surrounding area.Here you will find a tropical destination perfect for family holidays, business meetings, events, birthdays or a dream honeymoon. Enjoy the extensive range of well-being treatments at the Thalasso SPA and relax among the colourful gardens and natural pools in Vila Praia do Forte. The exclusive cuisine at the resort restaurants promises a culinary journey through exotic flavours blended with touches of the sea and coconuts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Ecoresort Praia Do Forte Hotel Mata De Sao Joao
- Praia Do Forte Tivoli Ecoresort
- Tivoli Ecoresort Praia Do Forte Bahia, Brazil