My family and I visited the Lodge during the World Cup. I traveled with my wife, two daughters (age 5 and 8) and my in-laws. We had two rooms for all six of us and the accommodations were basic and comfortable, but the hot water in the shower had a tendency to stop working. But then again, it is the Amazon, so don't really need hot water (except for my kids). The food was buffet and pretty good overall with good selections. Drinks are NOT included all drinks are put on a separate tab. We visited during the USA v Portugal match and all the guests were good soccer fans. We arranged transportation to and from the Manaus Stadium with the Lodge. This worked out well and took about 1 1/2 hrs to reach the stadium.
The excursions were okay, but never got to see dolphins or many birds. Just the one macaw that hangs out at the lodge and a couple of small birds flying by. Insects were interesting to view and lots of plants. Did catch a piranha but saw a baby cayman, but nothing big. Keep in mind that the Amazon is mostly about the natural fauna...if you want animals, the Pantanal is where to go. Although we got bit by mosquitos, no need to drench yourself with deet. We did though and even took malaria pills but in retrospect, didn't need to do any of it. The bugs and mosquitoes don't seem to mind the bug repellent and the lodge is close to the city so malaria is not a problem with this part of the river.
Prices were exorbitant since it was the World Cup, so we were prepared. But much better value if you can come in the off season.
The lodge is about an hour from Manaus, so you take a shuttle from the airport to the docks and then to a boat and sail the rest of the way. It's a great lodge for beginners and families, but for those more daring and want more of an exotic jungle experience - stay in lodge that is not near Manaus and that takes hours to get there. But like I said, this lodge is fine for the beginner with kids and elderly and being close to Manaus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is a jungle lodge near Manaus in the Amazon, with 64 bungalows, surrounded by pristine rivers and nature. has a private beach, natural swimming pools and Monkey Sanctuary among other features. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Amazon Ecopark Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ecopark Hotel Amazon River
- Amazon Ecopark Jungle Lodge Manaus, AM, Brazil