“NOVOTEL Manaus” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Manaus

Save Saved
You added Novotel Manaus to your Saves list
Novotel Manaus
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Mandii, No. 04 | Distrito Industrial, Manaus, State of Amazonas 69075-140, Brazil   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 39 hotels in Manaus
A TripAdvisor Member
“NOVOTEL Manaus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The hotel is confortable, the rooms have a good size.
The price I paid was fair.
The old small TV sets and poor cable selection are not compatible with the hotel category.
I've had problems in connecting to the internet and even though I got all kinds of attention and help from the hotel personnel, the problem was solved only on the second day of my stay.
Overall, for short business trips it is OK.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
JulianaBorba, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Manaus, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Manaus. It is always important to receive our guests responses in order to continuously improve our services.

We also would like to apologize for not attending all of your expectations. I take this opportunity to inform that we have 55 channels on our cable tv.

Once again we thank you for telling us about your experience, and we hope to see you soon.

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed at the Novotel in Manaus as the usual hotel I stay in when travelling there for work was full.
The hotel is basic, but does the job. The rooms like most in Manaus are clean but dated in appearance.

The best feature for me of the hotel is the restaurant, there is plenty variety, with plenty of Brazilian options as you would expect, but it also provides plenty international options as well.

I have subsequently re-visited the Novotel since my first visit and will do so again in the future without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
JulianaBorba, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Manaus, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Sir,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Manaus. A positive feedback is always a contribution for our continuous improvement.

Once again we thank you for telling us about your experience, and hope to see you soon.

Langley, B.C. Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

We spent one night here on our way up the Amazon. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had all the basics including comfortable bed and nice shower. Good air conditioning. Free wifi though reception in the room was poor. Free internet computer in the lobby. Nice buffet breakfast for extra cost. Not much to see in the area but we were just there for the night anyway.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
JulianaBorba, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Manaus, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
We thank you for the comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Manaus. We are sure that feedbacks always serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for letting us know about your experience, and we hope to see you soon.

Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I don't much enjoy giving bad reviews but this hotel was awful. First off it looks like mental hospital, two: it smelled heavily of mold in every room, three: the beds were hard as a rock and the blankets were absolutely disgusting, four: room service was terrible. I ordered a sandwich and fries, think it would be reasonable? It was 33R and looked like it was a packaged sandwich from an airport terminal and the fries were such a small portion I thought it was a joke. It also took over an hour for it to be delivered to my room. Over all not good.

The air conditioning was on full blast to mask the smell of the mold growing on the ceiling. I changed rooms thinking it was just that room and actually every room I went in had mold on the celing. It looked as if someone had painted over it, thinking it would hide it.

If you want a cheap room, go next door. Cheaper and probably better.

Room Tip: There isnt any
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
JulianaBorba, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Manaus, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Manaus and apologize for not attending all your expectations. I'd also like to inform that we are planning on a refurbishment in the near future and hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in another oppportunity.
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I know this Hotel since 11 years. Nothing has been reformed or done. They only thing which has changed is the price. It is more expensive each time I go there. This time I had to change the room 2 times > 1st Air con not ok, 2nd Safe not ok, 3rd TV not ok, finally I even broke the regulator for the shower. The management should be changed asap. I think the money for repair from ACCOR goes in their pockets. JUST POOR!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about the Novotel Manaus. I am sorry for not attending all your expectations and for the problems you've experienced during your stay. I'd also like to inform that we are planning on a refurbishment in the near future and I hope to have you with us again so we can improve our impressions on you about this Novotel and the Novotel brand worldwide.
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Yes, it was!
Why did we go to Manaus ? This is where our wonderfull journey should have started on the Amazon river. We booked the hotel because it is part of the Novotel chain and could therefore not be bad. What a mistake!
After being on the way for more than 20 hours, we expected to arrive in an oasis of peace and calm, relaxing on the poolside, enjoying the sunny weather.
If only...upon arriving the reception clerk did not even speak a word of English. We got a room on the fifth floor and when opening the door the humid smell slapped us in the face: if we needed proof that the room was really humid, on the wall next to the bed there was a huge mould to proof us right! Welcome to Manaus people.
But, sometimes we are fairly understanding people and cause we'd only stay overnight we didn't mention are grieves...yet.
We put on the airconditioning and surprise surprise, not even 15 minutes later our room was half flooded cause of the leak in the aircon. With a suitecase completely wet and the other ones stacked on the bed, we did went to complain and ask for another room., what we eventually got. Was this one better ? Well, it didn't have mould.
We went out for a short walk just to notice that the side walls of the building where covered with worms...who actually did came out of the walls!
Because the hotel is located away from the center, we had diner in the restaurant. The food is not even worth mentioning, but we had to eat didn't we?
We have travelled different countries over the last ten years, but this is definitely the worst overnight stay ever!
My apologies Novotel, but I actually do not have any positive element to mention.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
JulianaBorba, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Manaus, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you for your comments referring to your stay at the Novotel Manaus and we are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience, although sometimes we do not seem to achieve it equally.

We'd like to take the chance to inform that we are planning on a refurbishment and we really hope we can better serve you in another oppportunity.

Cordially,

Novotel Manaus

Been to Novotel Manaus? Share your experiences!