“Canadians on Amazon Green Day Tours” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amazon Green Day Tours

Amazon Green Day Tours
Rua 1 De Julho, 228 | Bairro Glória, Manaus, State of Amazonas 69027 690, Brazil
+55(92)9106 -5650
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 51 Activities in Manaus
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Canadians on Amazon Green Day Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My friend and I went on the 3 days/ 2 nights tour. Despite the fact that one of us is petrified of spiders and the other terrified of snakes, we had the most amazing experiences! Our tour guide, Everaldo, and the owners, Elso and Paula, were extremely knowledgable and accommodating. We enjoyed piranha fishing, monkey and sloth spotting, caiman hunting, amazon trek, and visiting a native family in the area. The accommodations were better than we expected and every meal was delicious. We would recommend this tour for anyone, ranging from outdoors enthusiasts to non-adventurous.

• Polish first
sidney
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I must say, first of all, although I am somewhat adventuresome, I am also the kind of person who likes being taking care of. My experience with the Amazon Green Tour was the perfect combination of this. The tour group did a wonderful job making me feel at-ease by taking care of everything. This is not a luxurious vacation, but was perfectly organized and well-planned. It was full of adventure.
Thanks Elso, Paula, Tony!!!

Visited December 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The only way I can describe our adventure to the Amazon is by saying it was the trip of a lifetime. Our guides Elso, Osman and Paula far exceeded any expectations I had. Their knowledge of the Amazon is exceptional, not to surpass their hospitality. They made us feel right at home from the moment Paula met us at the airport to the time they hosted us at their home in Manaus. They were very responsive to our requests and tailored our jungle experience to meet our desires. Our adventures included boating, canoeing, hiking, fishing, caimen watching (and holding), an overnight in the jungle and a visit to a local family. Our accommodations were comfortable and clean. The food was good and plentiful. I would highly recommend Amazon Green Day Tours to family and friends.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Once in a Lifetime Experience - Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our four day stay with Amazon Green Day Tours was a first rate and top notch experience. Our food and accommodations were excellent. Our hosts were very friendly and hospitable. Now for the best part our guides Elso, Osman, and Antonio were super, they were eager to please, very knowledgeable about the jungle and all that it had to offer and just plain fun to be with. I can't really say I had one favorite activity as we were kept busy everyday, but I will tell you I loved the fishing for piranha, the caiman excursion at night and any time we were in the dugout boats checking out the river and it's shorelines for all the beautiful wildlife, and not to mention the overnight stay in the jungle. I would recommend staying at this lodge with all it's friendly and interesting staff to any one with a yearning for an Amazon jungle experience. One last comment is that communication with our guides was not a problem. In closing I want to wish GOD'S SPEED to Paula, Elso, Osman, Antonio, and last but certainly not least little Flavia. Thank you all for the experience of a lifetime. Jim from Wisconsin, USA

Perth, Australia
“Aussies on Amazon Green Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a wonderful week experiencing the Amazon on a boat tour with Amazon Green Tours.

We had a very authentic, un-touristy tour that gave us a great insight into the area. We headed north on the Reo Negro and saw great wildlife including tarantula, toucan, baby anaconda (and the tracks of a massive one), monkeys, sloths, Caymans, electric eels and much more. We saw all of this on both jungle treks and canoe safari’s (day and night).

We did the tour in late January and the conditions were good (hot but not unbearable with afternoon showers and not many mosquitos).

We especially wanted Elso to be our guide and he was very insightful. His English is good and he has great knowledge about the area and took great interest in what we were keen to do and see. We also asked him to bring along his wife Paula as I had been in contact with her via email and she offered a great insight also.

The boat was operated by a local family who live on there permanently. It was traditional and comfortable and the food was great. The boat was called Jesus Christo 1 and whilst we had a language barrier with the family, they were very friendly. We slept in hammocks which was comfortable and did not need air conditioning for that time of the year. The showers were basic with water used filtered straight from the river (which is different to what we are used to in Australia) and were perhaps the only part of the boat that was not great.

We paid $500 rias per person per day (I think it would have been $400 if we did not have Elso) but it was well worth it. This is nearly twice as much as some will offer but I really think we had an experience that was more than twice as good as many we spoke with.

Be careful of what some tour operators offer you. Many are very intense and follow you from the airport for a sale and some even pose as more reputable agents and will offer what seem like discounted rates, but I understand the experience is very poor.

Amazon Green Tour provided just what we wanted and it was one of the best parts of our time in South America.

Thanks Elso and Paula