“Perfect Amazon experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 50 Activities in Manaus
“Perfect Amazon experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

If you want the best Amazon experience then I suggest that you book with 'Amazon Antonio Jungle Tours'. It is very well managed by Antonio - the owner - and I doubt they you get such a good service anywhere else in Manaus for the relatively low price. I was there for 5 days in total, 2 nights at the lodge and 2 at different campsites in the heart of the jungle. The lodge is very comfortable and is set in an extremely peaceful location. It is the ideal place to relax after a tiring hike in the jungle. For me the overnight stays in the rainforest were the best as we really were in a secluded part of the Amazon. Franc our guide gave us fascinating information regarding the forest and made the whole overnight experience a joy, he even made us spoons to give to our families! Overall, a great 5 days that will stay with me for the rest of my life!!

Visited July 2013

San Francisco, California
“Unforgettable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I did the 4 nights tour to Antonio's lodge and I did not regret anything! There was every day something new to discovery. In the beginning we where a small group of only five people. Since other guests only booked shorter stays, I had my private guide for the second half of my trip, which made it even more special. Jaime is a really experienced guide and knows incredibly much about plants and animals. He kept educating us and always had something new to share with us as if he would tell it the first time to a guest. He is really passionated and loves the jungle.

I went in May during high waters (low season) which for me seemed to be an advantage. The group was small and I especially loved the tours where we paddled with a boat through the wet lands and literally the branches of the trees. Also, during this season the water is really high and the Urubu river does not run and is calm like a mirror during sunrise and sunset which is an amazing scene for taking pictures, and an unforgettable nature experience.

Regarding the organization I don't have anything to complain either. It was convenient to be picked up at the airport at midnight, without having to be concerned how to get around in a completely new country. I was a little inflexible with the dates I could travel, which was not any problem for Antonio to arrange it (thanks again!). The whole communication was smooth and quick. The lodge is clean and the staff is nice and friendly.

Not only that I will recommend this to to friends, I definitely want to come back myself one day!

Visited May 2013
Arnhem, The Netherlands
5 attraction reviews
“Super 4 day jungle tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had an amazing time at Antonio's lodge in the middle of the Amazon, no mass tourism, small groups, trekkings left from his base in the middle of the Amazon, could only be reached by boat. Good food, nice staff, good beds and hammocks! We had so much fun!

Visited September 2012
White River Junction, Vermont
“Great getaway on the flooded Urubu River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I really liked the service they provide of picking you up at the airport because when you arrive at 11PM at night in a strange city and you are picked up by a driver whose been guaranteed and named through email correspondence, it is really calming. The very next morning, Karlheinz, my partner for the next four days and I were put on a bus to a small town about 250 km east of Brazil. There we met the ever cheerful Joseph and the boat driver. After an hour trip by motorboat, we arrived at the lodge where we met a nice french couple who were traveling with their two children. We had the whole place to ourselves for a day or so until some others came. The food was great every meal and the ambiance of the candle lit open air dining room was perfect. We went hiking, camping and piranha fishing and visiting the local riverine neighbors over the next few days. Joseph knows his flora and fauna and is a much better piranha fisherman than I. I highly recommend making this a part of your visit to the Amazon.

Visited May 2013
San
“My favorite part of my Brazil Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I did the 4 day trip at Antonio's Jungle Lodge and I had the greatest time ever. When I arrived, I joined a group with another couple from Poland and we went straight into the jungle with our guide, Josef. Josef taught us the ways of the wild and showed us how to cook the most amazing chicken and rice dinner over a campfire. We slept in hammocks that night and it was so pleasant. Back at the lodge the next day, my room was amazing. My guest room had its own full bathroom and the beds/ linens were very comfortable. Beyond that, the wood was beautiful. Some serious artistry went into building this lodge.

Antonio came out the 3rd night when other groups were in the jungle and my group got to spend time with him over beers after dinner. He is a very very grounded, hard working person who really cares about the lodge and the experience of his guests.

Other activities that Josef lead us on included hunting for baby alligators in the dark of night in a tiny canoe, visiting a local family, and fishing for piranha. We also got up before sunrise one morning to paddle out on the river and watch the sunrise, which was absolutely magical.

If I could go back again right now, I would in a heartbeat.

Also, another advantage of Antonio's lodge's location is that it's on the acidic river, and therefore there are NO MOSQUITOS!

Thank you, Antonio, for a memorable life experience.

Visited February 2013