“Fantastic rooftop views from hotel pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Adrianopolis

Bookmark
You added Hotel Adrianopolis to your Saves list
Hotel Adrianopolis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Salvador, 195 - Adrianopolis, Manaus, State of Amazonas 69057-040, Brazil   |
Special Price
R$75 off room rate
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Manaus
Sacramento, California
“Fantastic rooftop views from hotel pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights during the World Cup. I traveled with my wife, 2 daughters (age 5 and 8) and my in-laws. Hotel is a nice 10 minute walk to the Manaura Mall, which is a great, modern mall with a fantastic food court. The walk to the mall is short, but the streets have many cracks and holes and the traffic is heavy so take caution, especially when walking with children and elderly.

Hotel is nice and modern. All rooms are suites and very spacious. We had a great view of the city and the roof top pool offers great views of the Manaus city skyline. The gym is also on the roof and offers efficient equipment.

Although location to the shopping mall was great, it is a bit far from the historical city center. Plenty of taxis take you where you go, it did take 15-20 minutes to get the Opera House.

Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the restaurant. Breakfast was okay, but terribly understaffed. Only 1 person was working and was responsible for bussing tables, getting out more food, and helping the guests. And often times food would run out and they wouldn't be replenished. We ate dinner at the restaurant and it was the worst meal and service we got on the entire visit. It took nearly 2 hours for us to get our food, the waiter spoke zero english and never checked on us to see if we needed anything else. Unfortunately, the restaurant was a real disappointment. In retrospect, we should have just walked out. So my "poor" rating for "service" is for the restaurant staff and not the hotel staff.

Overall, great hotel with great views. But skip their restaurant and eat elsewhere...plenty of options with the mall nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My flight was delayed over 4 hours from Miami to Manaus and a check-in that was supposed to be at 11:30 p.m. ended up being 3:30 a.m. the next day. Pablo was the check-in person and even though it was late/early check-in he was professional and accommodating to our needs. I asked for a nice room without the concerns that I had read about on tripadvisor and we got a room on the 10th floor. The room faced the street which provided a great view of the skyline. There was a balcony and the room was spacious.

Everyone at the receptionist desk were helpful during our 4 days stay. And, the best part they all spoke English.

The second day I was there I went into the fridge to retrieve water I had bought at the grocery store when I noticed for the first time that there was a list stating the items that should have been in the fridge. Well, most of the items were missing from the fridge and the kitchenette. Fearing an issue upon departure I decided to clear it up immediately so as not to an issue on check-out with my bill. A pleasant surprise that once I called the manager, he sent someone up right away and without any argument apologized and made the contents of the fridge and kitchenette whole according to the list at no erroneous charge to me. The level of customer service was amazing and I would definitely stay and recommend the hotel to anyone travelling to Manaus. I had read about rooms not being cleaned, not enough towels etc., I never had those issues. I had also read about mold in the bathroom - well there was a little mold in the shower but no more than instances where a little elbow grease or recaulking would fix it.

The water was hot at all times, and the toiletries provided were of good quality. Breakfast was substantial with made-to-order omelettes among other standard breakfast fare including fresh fruit. We only had breakfast 2 days but both times we were satisfied. The hotel is 10 mins walk to a large modern mall and a 20 min taxi ride to downtown Manaus.

Room Tip: Maybe it was because it was world cup but every night until after midnight the soccer fields across...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Of the five hotels I stayed in during the World Cup, this was one of the best. The room was clean. The air conditioning worked great (a necessity for Manaus). The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was OK. Breakfast was abundant if not inspiring. I ate at the restaurant for dinner too. It tasted good, but was a bit pricey. A new high rise is going in nearby, so the construction noise was somewhat bothersome, but with the way Manaus is growing, this is probably not unique to this particular hotel.

The Manauara Shopping Mall is within a 10-minute walk. There are other convenient stores even closer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Our group stayed here in two separate rooms for three days in June during the World Cup, all in all we were pretty satisfied with the hotel. Its not as stylish as it looks on their website, but its not bad either. Comparable to a Holiday Inn or Best Western hotel tower in the USA, with less carpeting and no Bible in the nightstand. The rooms seem to be all suites, with a separate bedroom and living room with large sofa and flat screen tv. The kitchenette is spartan but functional. The A/C works, which is a big plus since the weather outside is generally like standing in a locker room. There is also a hotel restaurant which serves a buffet breakfast and decent dinners. The staff was first-rate, limited English but always enthusiastic and willing to help.

The location is pretty convenient, about three blocks from a large indoor shopping mall with all the trappings of an American mall, including a large food court and ATMs (the hotel does not cash traveler's checks, and most Brazilians looked at my traveler's checks like they were alien artifacts). Walking in the area was safe, we walked at night to nearby restaurants (there's a good one about one block away; I forget the name but it has two levels and a giant fish tank inside) and the mall and never felt uneasy.

At best Hotel Adrianopolis is a 3-star hotel but I gave it a fourth circle on Tripadvisor because its likely one of the better options in Manaus, which does not have a surplus of 3-star hotels. I may never return to Manaus, but if I do, I would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The street noise (both cars and people) can be loud at night so the higher up the better if you'...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed at this apartment-style hotel with my Dad for 4 nights during FIFA World Cup 2014. THe room was spacious and very clean. We requested to be moved to a higher floor to get a better view of Manaus and the receptionist arranged it in no time. It is a basic hotel missing simple things like a clock in the room which would have helped but it didn't take away from our positive experience. The restaurant's breakfast was chaotic the first morning we were there as I do not think they had accommodated that many people before but we chose to look on the bright side and treat it as a "hunt for your plate, cutlery and cup" challenge. The receptionists all spoke great English and helped us get a taxi to wherever we needed to go. The restaurant staff did not speak as great of English but were still as helpful as ever. The rooftop pool offered respite from the busy streets below and it had a great view of Manaus.

Room Tip: If you'd like to be as far away from street noise as possible, ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Big rooms are good. Air con is quiet. Liked the blackout curtains but away from the wall so light comes in at the side. Kitchenette is a good idea but only equipment provided was a cup and saucer with a glass and another saucer. Managed a reasonable cup of tea using the microwave. There's a big supermarket within 10 minutes walk. Bed was comfortable. WiFi was a bit flaky. Breakfast was very good. Croissants were pretty authentic if you gave them a good time to defrost. There was even a dedicated omelette making person.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Guildford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Lovely big room, comfortable bed, walking distance to two good restaurants. Helpful staff. Terrible restaurant. Good mini market near by and a super cheap laundry to do a service wash with charming owners.

Room Tip: Had a rom on top floor with great views of city.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Adrianopolis? Share your experiences!