“Bad burger” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Alma
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We serve breakfast and lunch and are knowen for our omelets, potato pancakes and all our smoked meats and fish
Madison, Wisconsin
“Bad burger”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Disapointed in the burger and was sick with 10 minutes of eating it. They do not give the attention to the full menu. The pork is it...if you love really strong smoke taste this is the place. Me not so much. I ordered a burger it's my way of testing a restaurant. If they make it homemade, fresh, and with love, If i enjoy and do not get sick... Its a bonus. My stomach is the test of good or bad in our family. This was bad and cramp space.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Wisconsin
“Spectacular!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic service , location and food!!!! So extremely friendly for our big group breakfast! We only waited 15 minutes for an outdoor seat and were greeted with smiles from all!!! What a nice change!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Boats. Barges, Boxcars, and BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

It doesn't get much better than traveling the Great River Road and stopping at Pier 4 for a smoked pulled pork sandwich with sauce. Potato pancake was made with a hint of onion and served with apple sauce. Sitting on the porch watching the river, seeing the greatest transportation network of rails and waterway. Friendliest service and good eats.

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couldn't ask for better food and people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I couldn't tell you how many times I have been to Pier 4, but I do know I will continue to go there everytime I am near Alma. Nothing but delicious food and great people!

• Visited June 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best smokehouse within 100 miles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I visit Alma every month or so and I always make sure to stop in here for either breakfast or lunch. With this place it's the small things that make a difference. The hashbrowns and the french fries are alway cooked to a delicious and crunchy golden brown. The hamburgers are juicy and flavorful (why is it so hard to find a good burger anyways?!?). The ribs are smoked with a dry rub and they allow you to add your own BBQ sauce, which is the way ribs should be served. I believe they make 3 varities of sauces on site, but their tangy variation is my favorite. Hint: Try the turkey sandwich or the turkey omelet. They smoke their own turkey breasts and it is by far the best turkey I've ever tasted.

• Visited June 2013