“Spectacular!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Alma
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We serve breakfast and lunch and are knowen for our omelets, potato pancakes and all our smoked meats and fish
Wisconsin
“Spectacular!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic service , location and food!!!! So extremely friendly for our big group breakfast! We only waited 15 minutes for an outdoor seat and were greeted with smiles from all!!! What a nice change!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Boats. Barges, Boxcars, and BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

It doesn't get much better than traveling the Great River Road and stopping at Pier 4 for a smoked pulled pork sandwich with sauce. Potato pancake was made with a hint of onion and served with apple sauce. Sitting on the porch watching the river, seeing the greatest transportation network of rails and waterway. Friendliest service and good eats.

• Visited July 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couldn't ask for better food and people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I couldn't tell you how many times I have been to Pier 4, but I do know I will continue to go there everytime I am near Alma. Nothing but delicious food and great people!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best smokehouse within 100 miles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I visit Alma every month or so and I always make sure to stop in here for either breakfast or lunch. With this place it's the small things that make a difference. The hashbrowns and the french fries are alway cooked to a delicious and crunchy golden brown. The hamburgers are juicy and flavorful (why is it so hard to find a good burger anyways?!?). The ribs are smoked with a dry rub and they allow you to add your own BBQ sauce, which is the way ribs should be served. I believe they make 3 varities of sauces on site, but their tangy variation is my favorite. Hint: Try the turkey sandwich or the turkey omelet. They smoke their own turkey breasts and it is by far the best turkey I've ever tasted.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“World's Best Toast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My friends and I have been going to the Pier 4 Cafe since 2002 and have never been disappointed. Marietta and her staff are wonderful and service is top notch. They have the best whole wheat toast I have ever tasted and I love their potato pancakes! Try the place. I know you'll like it.