“Boats. Barges, Boxcars, and BBQ” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Alma
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We serve breakfast and lunch and are knowen for our omelets, potato pancakes and all our smoked meats and fish
“Boats. Barges, Boxcars, and BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

It doesn't get much better than traveling the Great River Road and stopping at Pier 4 for a smoked pulled pork sandwich with sauce. Potato pancake was made with a hint of onion and served with apple sauce. Sitting on the porch watching the river, seeing the greatest transportation network of rails and waterway. Friendliest service and good eats.

• Visited July 2013

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couldn't ask for better food and people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I couldn't tell you how many times I have been to Pier 4, but I do know I will continue to go there everytime I am near Alma. Nothing but delicious food and great people!

1 Thank Jamie G
Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best smokehouse within 100 miles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I visit Alma every month or so and I always make sure to stop in here for either breakfast or lunch. With this place it's the small things that make a difference. The hashbrowns and the french fries are alway cooked to a delicious and crunchy golden brown. The hamburgers are juicy and flavorful (why is it so hard to find a good burger anyways?!?). The ribs are smoked with a dry rub and they allow you to add your own BBQ sauce, which is the way ribs should be served. I believe they make 3 varities of sauces on site, but their tangy variation is my favorite. Hint: Try the turkey sandwich or the turkey omelet. They smoke their own turkey breasts and it is by far the best turkey I've ever tasted.

1 Thank Joshua M
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“World's Best Toast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My friends and I have been going to the Pier 4 Cafe since 2002 and have never been disappointed. Marietta and her staff are wonderful and service is top notch. They have the best whole wheat toast I have ever tasted and I love their potato pancakes! Try the place. I know you'll like it.

Wabasha
“by the Dam 4 Site”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Excellent smoked fish, beef pork. Try their smoked sausage omelet with their potatoe pancakes. Potatoe pancake mix and rib rub is available to purchase While you are there a barge may come through the lock and a train may fly by. Summertime eating on the porch is fun

Visited May 2013