“Couldn't ask for better food and people.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Alma
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
“Couldn't ask for better food and people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I couldn't tell you how many times I have been to Pier 4, but I do know I will continue to go there everytime I am near Alma. Nothing but delicious food and great people!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Best smokehouse within 100 miles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I visit Alma every month or so and I always make sure to stop in here for either breakfast or lunch. With this place it's the small things that make a difference. The hashbrowns and the french fries are alway cooked to a delicious and crunchy golden brown. The hamburgers are juicy and flavorful (why is it so hard to find a good burger anyways?!?). The ribs are smoked with a dry rub and they allow you to add your own BBQ sauce, which is the way ribs should be served. I believe they make 3 varities of sauces on site, but their tangy variation is my favorite. Hint: Try the turkey sandwich or the turkey omelet. They smoke their own turkey breasts and it is by far the best turkey I've ever tasted.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“World's Best Toast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I have been going to the Pier 4 Cafe since 2002 and have never been disappointed. Marietta and her staff are wonderful and service is top notch. They have the best whole wheat toast I have ever tasted and I love their potato pancakes! Try the place. I know you'll like it.

Wabasha
“by the Dam 4 Site”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Excellent smoked fish, beef pork. Try their smoked sausage omelet with their potatoe pancakes. Potatoe pancake mix and rib rub is available to purchase While you are there a barge may come through the lock and a train may fly by. Summertime eating on the porch is fun

Visited May 2013
Lakeville, Mn.
“My favorite breakfast place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Best restaurant by a damn site indeed. Watch barges lock through and hear trains rumble by while enjoying delicious home made food. Definitely my favorite breakfast place in the area. They serve lunch too!

Visited May 2013