“Avoid! Worst food!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Algoma
Cuisines: American
“Avoid! Worst food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Staying in the area and struggling for decent food, we finally decided on bar food. Mistake. Food was awful. Portions were crazy. Had a burger that I ate one bite of and spit out. Fries were droopy. Unfortunately my nasty burger was better than husbands fish fry which tasted even worse than it looked. He ate my burger instead. Unhappy with every bite.

Place was small town bar basic & the locals seemed to enjoy. Wouldn't go back for free food.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great decor, amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I walked in and I immediately noticed the decor. It has GREAT sports memorabilia. It's like a sports bar meets 40's/50's diner. The wait staff was very attentive, constantly making sure I had everything I needed. I'm a vegetarian so there wasn't much on the menu I could eat, but I had the Stadium Salad and the White Cheese Curds. The salad was like an typical salad, but the cheese curds were AMAZING. Best I've ever had and I've lived in Wisconsin 17 years. Plus they had free live music! I've heard their Alfredo and Portabella corn bread was good, so I'm definitely going back again. Great find, especially in a little town like Algoma!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Algoma, Wisconsin
“Great staff, average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice location and seating with a view of the river. Prices are a little above average for average food. Smiling, happy personable family of staff make the visit worth while.

Visited May 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great Prime Rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were here last night and just wanted to say that the Prime Rib was fantastic, it was Open Mic Night so it was a little chaotic, but the food was great, the Prime Rib was fantastic, we all had Prime Rib as suggested by another patron, the place was full of cool signed sports memorabilia and the staff, though busy was fun to be around. This was a fun Thursday night and I recommend it to anyone in the area

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rose Creek, MN
“Bad music”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stopped in with a group fishing.

The food was okay.

Service was slow and the air condition was off so it was stuffy.

To top off the Saturday night visit, they had a local singer belting out tunes. He sucked big time. It was too loud for the quality of the singer and made conversations with my fellow travelers hard. A good band would be different, but this guy overpowered the experience.

Visited June 2013