“Mystery Hole Still Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Greenup, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
“Mystery Hole Still Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I first went to the Mystery Hole in the late 1970's while visiting relatives in Ansted, WV. I have taken friends there over the years and it is always enjoyable. The new owners are very personable and continue the traditions of Don Wilson, builder and original owner. Highly recommend at trip to the Mystery Hole!!!

Visited October 2012

Fort Mill, South Carolina
29 attraction reviews
“Roadside Route 60 WV attraction”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Roadside attractions like The Mystery Hole used to define family vacations, even if you were like me and now only remember them as the places your father refused to stop. Now that we're in the front seat. I make it a point to say "yes" to number of classic tourist attractions remaining. The Mystery Hole is one of those that made us glad we did. From the crap-stuffed gift-shop entrance to the "hole" itself, it's all cheesy goodness. Even our kid appreciated it. Cheap Grizwold's would love this!

Visited August 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
23 attraction reviews
“Can't believe how much I enjoyed this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

So incredibly cheesy, so incredibly entertaining. I feel embarrassed to have enjoyed this as much as I did. This is classic. Part of me wants to say it's so bad it's good, but that doesn't do it justice. The people who work here are so passionate about making sure you have a good time. Simple, inexpensive, old-school fun.

Visited July 2013
Beckley, West Virginia
9 attraction reviews
“Time Warp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Loved this place!.... The tour guide was awesome. A handsome, young guy, about 18 - 20 - very charismatic and funny; He set the tone for a fun and lighthearted tour - I could see this being a boring or uneventful attraction with someone with less personality.
If you get a chance - DEFINITELY go see! For 40 somethings and older, take the kids or grandkids..these old, whimsical, nostalgic places are far and few between.

Visited July 2013
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
“Disappearing classics”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Roadside attractions like The Mystery Hole used to define family vacations, even if you were like me and now only remember them as the places your father refused to stop. Now that we're in the front seat, my husband and I make it a point to say "yes" to the ever-dwindling number of classic tourist attractions remaining. The Mystery Hole is one of those that made us glad we did. From the crap-stuffed gift-shop entrance to the "hole" itself, it's all cheesy goodness. Even our kids, who are in high school and college, appreciated it. Cheap, tacky fun.

Visited June 2013

Been to The Mystery Hole? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Mystery Hole, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.