“The best place to eat in the South Puget Sound!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakeries, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Lakewood, Washington
“The best place to eat in the South Puget Sound!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband who is a true "Foodie" found this cafe in his weekly search for our weekend breakfast outing. It is our routine to go out for breakfast every Sunday and this will be our permanent Sunday spot. While we waited in line to be seated our eyes grew big with anticipation with the sight of all the huge plates of comfort style breakfast going out to the tables. The owner of the cafe greeted everyone who was waiting in line with a huge friendly hello. As we finally were seated our waitress gave us the low down on the menu and talked to us like we were old friends. Once the food came out pancakes, biscuits and gravy, monte cristo, hashbrowns, eggs.polish sausage......our eyes met our stomachs with extreme satisfaction. From the customer service to the food everything was perfect. We cannot to go back next Sunday.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

washington
“big portions, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The food here is really good. Down home cooking at it's finest. The banana bread is very dense and moist, I would definitely recommend trying it at least once. The portions are very big and there is always more to take home. The line tends to be long, but moves relatively quickly. I would say get there early on Saturdays and Sundays!

Visited December 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Breakfast Musings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I love the Sun Break Cafe. I've come here, off and on, for years - even when it was in its previous location. Hubby and I went this morning, as we hadn't been there for quite a while. Yes, they have huge portions. I can't imagine anyone ever ordering anything but a half order. Banana bread is still delicious, the owner is still gregarious and makes everyone feel at home.

The cons today, which I was surprised to find, as normally I love everything about this place: The table next to us wasn't cleaned properly - worse, there was a definite coffee cup stain, yet they seated a couple there. I was surprised that the couple didn't say anything, but it did bother me. I figure if they don't clean a table, then what else are they not cleaning? My eggs were lukewarm and quickly turned cold, even as I was eating. The coffee had grounds in it, although the owner quickly removed them and brought us more. (They were very good about keep up with the refills as well.)

I'm hoping this was just a rare aberration from their normally high standards and that next time I go in, I can rave, once more, about my breakfast.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Popular place for breakfast or lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We've eaten here on a few occasions, both for breakfast and for lunch. As others have mentioned, you must get here early because of the long lines. The sandwiches and fresh bread are yummy, but I can only eat a half because of the portion size. Breakfast portions are outrageous, but the omelets are tasty. This isn't my favorite breakfast place in the area, but the popularity can't be denied. Despite being very busy, it's a nice atmosphere for a meal out with friends.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maple Valley, Washington
“Portion Control? Not so much....haha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a great place. Super, super service. Go early or long lines. But the portions. Really? An NFL linebacker couldn't eat this much:) A full order is a six egg omelet and like a field of Idaho potatoes. It does reheat well. The hashbrowns are actually better reheated with some additional seasonings.
Seating is warm and open. It was perfect for rainy morning. And the pumpkin bread with butter is actually reason enough to eat here. Absolutely the best.

• Visited November 2012