“No other place compares” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 6th Street South East, Auburn, WA 98002   |
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Auburn
Portland, Oregon
“No other place compares”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel since it opened and I couldn't be more pleased. I actually look forward to visiting Auburn not just because it is such an idyllic town but because I can't wait to get back to the Auburn LaQuinta. Amazing beds, clean and comfortable rooms and an excellent staff. Try the apartment rooms, you will never want to leave.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
La Quinta A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hello Tanya W! THANK YOU for this amazing review that is second-to-none. Ahhh, yes...The Apartment Suites...our pride and joy. We only have 4 of them and I can say with all certainty that they are the VERY BEST, premier accommodations in our city. Enjoy and we hope to see you again soon!

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Metlakatla, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

These rooms were very comfortable and the amenities were great. The staff was very pleasent. We could not change rooms as they were 100% booked. However there was a convention in the hotel and the guests were very noisey after 11PM. We have stayed here before when there was no convention and it was great. The curtains in the room do not close so make sure you do not get an upper floor with the streetlight shining in all night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
La Quinta A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hello armymajdad! Thank you for your shining review of us! I need to mention that your blackout shades are located behind the sheers, closest to the windows. So there's actually 3 layers to the window treatments: 1. Decorative half-panels, 2. Sheers, 3. Blackout shades. Hope this helps your next visit friends! Suite Dreams... =)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very nice place to stay close to expressway. Very good service, clean room and bathroom. Small clean pool and hot spa. Very good location / area to stay at with short drive into Seattle. Room furnishings was very upscale. Staff was very friendly. Stayed four nights and would stay here again. This was the best La Quinta Inn we have stayed at.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

The BEST La Quinta you have ever stayed at?! Hot diggity! You just made our day... we LIVE for compliments like these and I will share your rave review with our stellar team of hospitality professionals. YOU are why we do what we do and why LOVE doing it!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Clean, modern and comfortable with a knowledgeable staff. The best place to stay in, around, or near Auburn, WA.
The hotel has been open just over a year and in the year I have spent 50+ nights on business. In this area there is no other hotel for me.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hello to one of our "Regulars"! THANK YOU for recognizing our efforts towards providing consistent, delightful service. We're guessing that you're already a member of our REWARDING La Quinta Returns program- (probably at Elite Status by now) enjoying express check-ins and complimentary "Snack Pack". Thank you for your loyalty! =)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband had to work out of town for a couple of days. I went along to do some shopping in the area. We took our dog. The Auburn hotel is beautifully maintained the rooms are spacious and very comfortable. I couldn't have asked for a better placed hotel its just minutes away from some great shopping in the surrounding Seattle area. The staff was very friendly and I couldn't have asked for people that treated our dog as great as they did as well. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hello Friends! Thanks to you, your hubby (and your furry child), for this paw-some review of our dog-friendly hotel. I agree with you that we are in a convenient location. I have shared this with our team and we hope you 3 can come and stay with us again soon! Happy "Tails" to You!
Ritzville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I gave this hotel a four star because of it's value for the price and it's amenities. We stayed there the night of January 13th 2013 on a business trip. I don't give 5 stars easily, sorry.
We were welcomed very nicely at the front desk upon arrival. The hotel was very clean and smelled fresh. The rooms aren't the largest we have stayed in but for the price was very sufficient. This hotel had the amenities of a hotel for about twice the price. We used the clean and sparkling hot tub and pool that evening. The front desk was quick at offering instructions on where to eat that evening which wasn't far away. The beds and linens were comfy. A small complaint was it seemed a little noisy that night with the freeway traffic. The next morning we were welcomed with a fresh hot breakfast that some of the higher class hotels offer. Hot sausage, eggs, biscuits, waffles, fruit (however not fresh but canned), yogurt, toast, etc. We were very pleased for the price of only $80 booking it AAA online with the hotel website. We will definitely stay there again. We also enjoyed having the cold water near the hotel lobby as well as the coffee.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello Lynn G! Thank you for this awesome review- so descriptive and cheery... we appreciate that you took the time to share so many details about what you loved. I have printed this off and shared it with our team. We take great pride in our charming hotel and are thrilled when guests love it as much as we do! =)
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Nestled between Seattle and Tacoma just 5 minutes east of Interstate 5 is the Norman Rockwell-style town of Auburn. This La Quinta is about one year old and is kept in perfect condition. Most small hotels only pay lip service to their lobbies, however, this property welcomes you with a fireplace, television, large curved sofa, comfortable sitting chairs, bar-type sitting area, and two internet stations.

The two staff members I dealt with (Nicole and Cathy?) were extremely friendly and efficient. The elevator, hallways, and stairways were immaculate. When I opened my room door, I was greeted with a (synthetic) hardwood entrance and stylishly designed carpet. My room was huge (perhaps because it was a corner room) and contained two very comfortable Queen beds (not too soft, as I've found in some La Quintas). The room also contained an upholstered sitting chair and a love seat which folded out into a one person cot. At the other end of the room was a work table and wheeled office chair.

The television was a new HD flat screen, and the room contained a black microwave and mini-fridge that were tastefully hidden away in the dresser area under the TV. The bathroom also had the (synthetic) hardwood floor, as well as a large counter and mirror. The tub, sink, and toilet were so clean they all sparkled. The room also contained a handy full length mirror for checking yourself out before leaving the room.

Other room bonuses included free local calls, free 1-800 calls, and (wait for it) FREE long distance calling! That's right, just dial 9-1-area code and number and you're on your way! In this day and age of (very inexpensive) internet-based long distance, more hotels should be offering this service.

The hotel also featured a small and shallow (3 1/2') pool and a bubbly hot tub. There is a fitness room, but I didn't check it out.

This La Quinta has upped its breakfast game since the last time I stayed here. In addition to two waffle makers, there was a warming tray containing gravy and biscuits, omelet-style eggs, and bacon. Yogurt, breads, bagels, English muffins, and cereals were also available. In addition, there were also pastries including strawberry and peach turnovers. Coffee, milk, orange, and apple juice were available to drink. Breakfast was served from 6 - 9 weekdays and 6 - 10 on weekends.

I did learn a good lesson about the La Quinta booking system (and possibly that of other hotel chains) on this trip. I had requested 2 queen beds and noted on my on-line booking that one adult and one child would be staying in the room. I found out the hard way that parties containing children will be "bumped" to rooms containing a king bed and sofa bed, when inventory is full. This was no fault of this individual hotel, so they're still getting a 5 for service (I was able to move directly to my new room the next morning). I, however, will always be referring to my children as "adults" when booking rooms at a hotel (unless, of course, an extra charge is involved).

One last thing, this hotel is located in suburb-type area of Auburn. The main Norman Rockwell-style streets are only about 1/3rd of a mile away. This location is so ideal if you're planning on visiting Seattle, Tacoma, or especially both.

Room Tip: The "blackout" curtains don't close over the windows. If you prefer a dark room, choo...