“No room at the Inn....?” 4 of 5 stars

Auburn GuestHouse Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9 - 14th Street NW, Auburn, WA 98001   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Oregon
“No room at the Inn....?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was in town on business and have been staying in another Hotel close by. I had been quite happy staying there and had planned to make that my regular monthly stay. Only issue I would have is the internet NEVER works. Well this last visit I wasn't certain how long I would stay, 2 days maybe 4. (in a nut shell) I was told I would be okay through Thursday night but not Friday. Wednesday afternoon I was told I had no place to stay as they rented my room out from under me. SERIOUSLY, obsolutely blew me away. And on top of thsat my family had sent me Valentine gifts that for some reason I almost didn't receive even though they were tagged for me from my family and even had my room # on them.

Okay enough history, bottom line is I was upset, hours were being wasted when I should have been working. I had no idea where I was going to set up fot the next day or so. Then my wife looked on Trip Advisor and found The Guesthouse. We explained to "Ashley" what happened and she started hitting the keyboard to find a room to meet my specifications. She was able to make it happen even though they were booking pretty heavy for a ton of high school wrestling kids and families that were in town.

She got exactly what I needed and even had time to bake some awesome cookies! Yes people!!! they bake cookies for you in the lobby. My room was clean, warm, plenty of towels and even extra soap. Oh and guess what else..........they were almost $10 a night less than the other place been staying at. AND did I mention that THEY BAKE COOKIES IN THE LOBBY!

Clean towels, soap, better pice and cookies. yup I found a new home!

Room Tip: It's all pretty good, sweet location.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer C, General Manager at Auburn GuestHouse Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Greetings, Tizmyn! I am thrilled to hear that we were able to accommodate you during a very busy weekend! Ashlee has been with us almost 5 years and if there is a way, Ashlee will find it to accommodate you. I'm so happy that she was able to do so. Sporatically, we also serve brownies in the evening in addition to our scrumptious cookies. I hope you get the opportunity to try them on your next stay with us. I am delighted that you will be returning! Thanks so much from the entire staff here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Newman Lake, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 3 days and every staff member from the desk clerk to the maids were very friendly and hospitable I will stay there again next time I'm in Auburn. I never met the manager but They must have a great manager also to have all there staff be so hospitable and helpful. Hotel was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer C, General Manager at Auburn GuestHouse Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks for the kudos, Clay R! We try our very best to treat all of our guests with the kind of respect that you would expect from a 4-star establishment. I'm so happy that you were able to experience this firsthand! Hopefully you will return in the future and I may make your acquaintance. Thank you!
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We really enjoy staying at the Guest House Inn located in Auburn, Washington. The people there are very nice and always willing to make your stay a memorable one. Not to mention, the cookies keep bringing us back, too.

Auburn Guesthouse Inn is the one that we book with regularly and they have also been the reason that Guest House Inn is where we usually book any and all of our stays out on the road. No one else compares to the great service and comfortable rooms that we get here. They are a pet-friendly place, too, and that is very important to us when we choose a place to stay.

They have a great Wi-Fi signal and it's free. Their hot tub is very comfortable. Continental breakfast will fill you up to start the day with plenty of choices from biscuits and gravy. eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, bagels, toast, coffee and juice. The south side rooms have a fantastic view of Mt. Rainier. Restaurants are close enough to walk to. Shopping is only a couple of blocks away and plenty of banking choices nearby. Auburn Guesthouse Inn is truly in an excellent location with plenty of ammenities.

Thanks you guys and thanks to the crew at the Auburn, Washington Guest House. We love being your guests for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello, GizmoPup. It's been a complete joy for all of us to welcome you each time you stay. We very much appreciate all the praise you have given us. You are the reason that it's fun to come to work and attempt to make people happy and cozy. THANK YOU!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week while working in nearby Maple Valley. I found my room to be clean and comfortable, and all the members of the staff I interacted with were very nice to me. The complimentary breakfast is open until 10AM, which I really appreciated - I've stayed in many hotels which close their breakfast at 9 or earlier, and I'm not always an early riser. I recommend the biscuits- they were soft and sweet, if not warm.

The amenities are not much to speak of- the "spa" is really just a small hot tub- but the hotel is a solid, comforting, well priced place to stay. The beds were very comfortable and my room was a good size for just one person. I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Jennifer C, General Manager at Auburn GuestHouse Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you, Hannah B! We love to hear from our guests and the fact that your stay was so enjoyable makes us that much more tickled! Please tell your friends about us! We love to hear stories such as yours and hope to please many more people! :)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had occasion to stay in this hotel on Saturday Dec 1st. The girl that checked us in was worth mentioning. She was so helpful and cheerful that it made us feel good just entering the lobby. As others have said, it was generally a good experience only dampened by a couple of things. The room cooled off in the early morning hours and the one blanket on the bed was insufficient to keep us warm. There were no extra blankets in the room. I tried turning on on the heat and found that it didn't work.so at about 12:30am I went down to the desk and night clerk immediately got us another blanket.
One thing we noted when we entered the room was a distinctly tobacco smell. It was a non smoking room. it was not overpowering but there just the same. but also there was a distinct sewer smell coming from the bathroom. In the am it became very strong and unpleasant. When we checked out, I mentioned it to the girl at the counter and she appeared to be totally disinterested.
All in all this was a very pleasant place to stay, very clean and the morning breakfast was great. The stay was only marred by the sewer smell incident and the feeling that the clerk really wasn't going to do anything about it.
I would definitely stay again.Dollar for dollar it is about as good as it gets for what you pay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Brian D, for your feedback! I appreciate your acknowledgement of your check-in Front Desk Agent. We do our best to be on top of our game in the customer service department and I'm happy she hit the mark. As for the chilliness of your room, we now have a least one extra blanket in the dresser drawer of each guestroom. Excellent observation! You will also be happy to know that after much labor, we are proud to call ourselves 100% non-smoking. We are in the middle of a 18-room conversion which includes all new carpet, wall coverings, paint, drapes and pillow-top beds! We are very excited about this change. As for the sewer smell, I am terribly sorry and I am unsure of the source as I haven't heard this before, but I will have my maintenance engineer look into it's cause. I'm sorry that your check-out clerk was not as engaged as she should have been, I like to think that is very atypical of our property. Happy New Year!
Lancaster, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was a nice place to stay. Wonderful bed, non smoking hotel that did not smell like smoke. Very nice breakfast with wonderful waffles, strawberries and whipped cream. Easy to park, friendly staff. Spotless breakfast room. Older furniture and TV in our room, but for 80 bucks including room, tax and breakfast, it rocked !!

Room Tip: Room 202 on the end was bigger than the other rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
dorthtoto, General Manager at Auburn GuestHouse Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Greetings, Denelle K! Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are proud of our staff and the fact that guests like you appreciate all the hard work we put into making your stay memorable. Happy Holidays!
kent, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We got a room on the 3rd floor with a king bed. The room was large. There was a table with 2 chairs, a desk with a chair, a good-sized mini-fridge and microwave. Coffee pot, iron, ironing board, hairdryer all included. The bed was great, the coffee not bad. The room was very, very clean.
They have breakfast in the morning from 5 to 10. Waffles with syrup, peanut butter, or strawberries and whipped cream. Several juices, coffee, milk, hot chocolate, bagels, yogurt, muffins, sausage egg and cheese muffin sandwiches, biscuits and gravy. No fresh fruit, though. There are apples up by the desk in the lobby.
They have a spa, vending machines, free wifi and free local calls. Good location, close to freeways and there are many resturants nearby. Service was friendly, especially the lady in the breakfast room. She remembered my son's name the second day.
The only cons: the outlets in the room are loose, so the microwave and fridge would turn off. And my room was a non-smoking room, but to get to it I had to walk through a hall of smoking rooms, and the hall smelled like a dirty ashtray. They were remodeling some of those rooms, so that may have been why.
The best feature to me was the cleanliness.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
dorthtoto, General Manager at Auburn GuestHouse Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Hello, alreadyinuse. We take pride in our hotel and it's amenities and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of a few of them, as well. It's always nice to see that people enjoyed themselves while visiting our humble town. We appreciate your business and your very kind words!

Been to Auburn GuestHouse Inn? Share your experiences!