“Great hidden spot” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Private Dining
calgary
“Great hidden spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Stumbled in after a long travel day and were surprised to find such an elegant and comfortable spot, they have an excellent menu, clean, great food, excellent kiddie menus and a great wine and higher end menu, best of all excellent service!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lithia, fl
“Great Chicken Marsala and Caesar Salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stopped by late on a Monday and had the restaurant mostly to ourselves. The caesar salads arrived promptly and were GREAT!!! I ordered the chicken marsala ($19), which is a typical fave of mine. I was blown away by the flavor. The mushrooms and chicken were cooked perfectly. Despite being incredibly hot, the chicken was not the least bit overcooked. My last bite was still steaming!! I have always enjoyed chix marsala with a side of fettucini alfredo (as it was first intro-ed to me in Sicily). They accommodated my request for the fettucini (+$3)...and it was PERFECT!!!
My business partner had the chicken marinara special...and he said it was good too. The house cabernet was very good...and very nicely priced at $5.

Worth every dollar if looking for a tasty dinner!!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sedro Woolley, WA
“Best Rib Eye”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

My husband and I stopped here tonight using our Entertainment discount. The service was excellent, but the food was outstanding! I had the cajun ribeye with gorgonzola which was out of this world. Tender yet lean for a ribeye. I like my steak between medium rare and medium, and they cooked it perfectly. My husband had the seafood fettucine, which was also very good and generous with the seafood. The warm artisan bread with garlic, olive oil, basalmic, and parm along with a yummy merlot started us off right and it kept getting better as the dinner went on. Even the chocolate mint with the bill was great!

We will definately be back!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Camano Island, Washington
“Good if you're staying at the hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I've stopped in a couple times here on business and hace had okay meals here. I would probably not seek it out but do frequent when staying at the medallion. French onion soup is great. I do enjoy the daily specials and would order the cedar planked salmon again but ask for it to be cooked a little on the medium side.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, WA
“Nice Dining Room. First Experience Sub-Par. Food was passable, but not for the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

We live locally and tried this place because we bought a discount coupon through the local newspaper.

As for location, it's in the Medallion Hotel, visible from the interstate, but a bit off the path unless you're on a mission. A challenge to be sure, but it just means they need to work a bit harder to attract locals and keep them coming back.

Unfortunately, my first (only?) experience was less than stellar.

The dinner menu is diverse with a broad range of appetizers & entrées, including pastas, poultry, five steaks, a lamb dish and pork chops. There were also a couple of specials the night we visited.

We ordered the Cellar Crab Cakes ($13) as a starter. For me, probably the highlight of the meal. Wonderful. Two slightly crunchy cakes, served hot with a garlic mayonnaise and a tasty slaw garnish. Nice beginning.

For the main, my friend ordered the Cellar burger ($9) and salad (instead of fries) off the lounge menu.

I ordered a special, their version of a Surf & Turf with a small Sirloin and Panko Fried Shrimp ($24), came with rice pilaf and steamed mixed vegetable.

This is where things went left for me. I ordered the steak medium, it arrived decidedly and without question thoroughly well done. Seriously, so tough I couldn't eat it. Okay...it happens.

The shrimp were crispy on each end, but soggy and moist in the middle. Being coated in rice flower, you expect a hearty crunch with each bite, but... no.

If that weren't enough, the steamed mixed vegetable (broccoli, carrots, red pepper) contained a unpleasant surprise by way of a rotten broccoli floret...not very appetizing to look at.

Dinner over.

The waitress was very nice, acknowledged issue with the steak and broccoli, apologized and explained they had a new cook... she discounted my meal 15% which was nice, but as I think about it (now a week later) doesn't really satisfy.

At $24 for sirloin and shrimp I feel I have a right to expect a lot. Sub-par doesn't cut it especially given their out of the way location and price point.

All in all, though, I'm willing to write off one bad experience and give them another chance. And I will. And I will surely tell you about it here. But I need some time to forget. Until then I wouldn't recommend to a friend.

• Visited April 2011