“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Anacortes B&B and Inns
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband & I stayed 5 days at the Nantucket Inn while visiting family. It was built in 1925 and has such charm & ambiance. The living room had a big screen TV, fireplace and lots of room for seating. Our room on the first floor was clean, bright and spacious. There is a kitchen and a dining area & formal dining room which is so pretty. There is a beautiful outdoor area with a large gazebo. The innkeeper Matt was wonderful and did everything he could to make us feel at home. We would definitely recommend this place whether it be for a couple or a family gathering.

Room Tip: There is a beautiful, spacious room on the second floor with a balcony that overlooks Puget Sound.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
caren98221, Manager at Nantucket Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your review! We enjoyed meeting you and your family during the special event you were celebrating!!

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

My wife and I had a great stay at the Nantucket Inn. The service was just right and the location was easy to find. We loved the old building and how all the rooms were different. Everything was clean and having access to kitchen use was also handy, even though we didn't actually need it. Many, many thanks for a wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: All the rooms were nice actually. I would recommend just asking about the rooms and what they offer...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
anacortes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We used the Nantucket Inn for our out of town guests for our daughters wedding. It was a wonderful place for family to visit and reconnect. They have a very nice outdoor area for groups with a gazebo. Inside is a large comfortable living area with plenty of room to visit without bothering others. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The wedding party rented the entire Inn for the weekend. The grooms family did the rehearsal dinner at the Inn for 25 people using the kitchen. The staff was very helpful making it a successful evening.

Stephanie, the house manager, was always pleasant, cheerful and available to help us. We would recommend the Inn to groups or individuals who are looking for a comfortable and charming location to stay in Anacortes.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Issaquah, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I saw this place online when my husband and I were looking for a place to stay while taking our son whale watching in Anacortes for the long Labor Day weekend. I fell in love with the feel of the place online and when we arrived in person, it did not disappoint. The house is beautiful and has an old colonial feel to it. Originally built in the 1920's some of the fixings are a little dated and the floors creak a bit, but it just adds character to the place, IMO. The house has a interesting history which was shared with me by the innkeeper.

When we arrived, we took the liberty of exploring the house since we were the only ones there. The innkeeper was out running errands (it was past check in hours when we arrived) but we were able to gain access by calling her on her cell and getting the code to the lockbox which contained the main house key and our room key - super easy. The house is 4 stories (including the basement which is used for storage) with a king suite on the main floor (where we stayed) 5 bedrooms on the third floor and 2 bigger suites on the top floor (one has a full sized kitchen in it as well). I was pleasantly surprised at how clean the place was (we were able to walk around the house barefoot w/o feeling violated). The innkeeper, Stephanie and her husband Jeff were most hospitable and helpful. When I called Stephanie to get the lockbox combination, I inquired about whether or not they had a DVD player because I promised my son he could watch his DVD if he was good on the 2-hr car trip (which he was). She said the rooms didn't have one but when she arrived back at the inn, she had brought a portable one for our use!

Our room hosted a big seating area (perfect for our 2 year old to play around), a flat screen t.v., a very comfortable king size bed, soft soft soft towels, a big clean bathroom with a tub. Also, the complimentary breakfast is very nice. Waffles, bagels, muffins, fruit, eggs, juice, milk, cold/hot cereal, hot coffee -- all at your disposal starting at 7am - 10am. The dining area is beautiful as is the front/back yards & porch - all very relaxing places to enjoy your breakfast or a cup of tea/coffee.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because on our first night there, our bathroom sink wouldn't drain and actually leaked from the bottom due to all the water that was stuck in the basin. It wasn't a big deal to us, we stuck towels on the floor to absorb the water and told Stephanie and Jeff about it the next morning and they happily fixed it right away (turns out a previous guest had dropped a contact lens cap and it got lodged in the piping). Also, we happened to stay there while a family was there for their family reunion. The family took up 6 bedrooms of the house and although it didn't bother us that much, the noise level was a bit higher than we would have liked (it is a house after all, so understandably noise carries) especially since we have a little one and we were located on the main floor. If you are looking for a place to be noisy and come in and out at any hours of the night - this may not be the place for your party in order to be courteous to other guests staying here (unless you rent out the ENTIRE inn - which you can). I think for a place like this, because it is a house, there needs to be quiet hours after 10pm or so.

Other than that, the Nantucket Inn is a wonderful place to stay and enjoy quiet time away from it all. Again, Stephanie and Jeff are wonderful hosts and we look forward to going back sometime.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

My wife and I had the privilege to enjoy the elegance of this Colonial Bed&Breakfast Inn in Annacortes this past week for two nights and three days. I was so impressed at its daunting splendor as I drove up to it. The signege is in full view on the front and on the south side of the house. The lawns are tastefully kept with flowers and scrubbs.
We were greeted by Linda (extremely cordial Manager) and Stephanie (most gracsious housekeeper). Our introduction as we entered was to a beautifully laid out Great Room with soft leather furniture throughout. It also had a Flat Screen TV with cable connection.
After our introduction and confirmation of our reservation which we had made well in advance in June, we were given a tour of the kitchen and breakfast room which was clean and thoughtfully laid out to accommodate each guest for the continental breakfast to be enjoyed each morning. Just adjacent to this area is a full Oaked furnished dinning room where the mentioned breakfast is enjoyed.
Stephanie later introduced us to our room (#4) which was very spacious, clean and well furnished (King size well made bed, Flat screen TV with Cable connection, full bath room with shower and towels artfully folded).
We got settled in for the evening and slept very comfortable on this King size bed.
Our morning began with a full (more than so called ("continental breakfast"--waffles, boiled eggs, hot and cold cereal, toast, jams, fruits, coffee, tea and cold orange juice.)
As our time progressed at this Elegant Colonial Mansion, we enjoyed the beautiful Gezobo out in the garden area to sit and relax to read our books for a time.
I recommend this eleagant home away from home to anyone who wishes to experience Colonial Luxury at its finest.
Gordon and Doris Carpenter, Calgary, Alberta

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

The house, grounds and rooms are all very pretty - a welcome change from the many bland, "cheesy" motels along the main strip. Our main concern was the breakfast - a poor selection of store bought muffins and scones still in their original packaging and an economy size box of cereal. The hot water in the thermos for tea was lukewarm and there was no juice. We wouldn't have expected more from a budget motel, but for a $100 +/night place that promotes itself as a boutique inn, you would expect better selection and presentation.
The room was very attractive and the king size bed comfortable. The sheets and pillow cases, while good quality were crumpled. Again, not a huge deal, but in a place that has such a charming facade, I was disappointed to see this. The bathroom was fine but it took an unreasonable amount of time before the water in the shower finally got warm. The window blinds need a good dusting.
The place has potential, but the current lack of attention to detail made it for a bit of a disappointing stay and not the best value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
stephaniewagenbach, Manager at Nantucket Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
I would just like to say that my husband & I took over the Nantucket inn very shortly after this review was made. I would hope that with all of our hard work & the effort that we put into the Inn it will start to show in the happiness of our guests. Im very sorry that there have been bad experiences. I hope that not many more will follow.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

The house is very pretty, but the furnishings have almost no character. I kept getting the feeling that they just bought it and hadn't really decorated yet. But my biggest complaint is that it was horribly noisy - and we were there on a weekend when there were only 3-4 rooms occupied. The walls are not insulated so you could hear everything! Not only that, but they (the innkeeper) did laundry on the third floor (we were on the second floor)at 10:00 at night both nights we were there. The final complaint is that while I was taking a shower one morning, another guest must have started taking a shower as well and the water immediately went ice cold. Really unacceptable for a place charging $100+ a night. If I was paying 50 or 60 dollars I might expect some of those discomforts, but for $100+, not acceptable.

The innkeeper was not friendly (not rude, just not very engaged). The rooms and bathrooms were clean and it is a pretty house and grounds. We did like that they had a nice backyard with covered patio where we could sit and have a glass of wine in the evening. I wouldn't stay there again unless they make some major changes.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Nantucket Inn? Share your experiences!