“Great find!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed in one of the newer rooms for one night while passing through Anacortes on the way to the San Juans. What a great hotel! I can't comment on the more historic rooms, but my room was exceptionally clean and updated. Wifi worked great, and the staff were very polite and helpful. It was the kind of hotel you want to go back to because you know you will find consistent service and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Newer building room was perfect!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Paul S, General Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
I'm so glad you found us! Thanks for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We charter sailboats from Anacortes from time to time, so I want a nice place to stay at the end, to get more than boat/marina shower clean, to have a real bed, to shake out the kinks before getting back to reality. We've tried other places (to remain unnamed) in Anacortes, but this is the one. There are two parts: the old, historic building, and the annex. The historic building had been tastefully restored, and it's very pretty. The annex rooms, where we stayed, are ideally spacious and well appointed.
On the plus side, great service, especially the front desk, AND French press coffee, newly ground, for the mornings, which was a treat. Lovely bathroom with enormous rain-head shower. Impeccably clean, with good quality linens.
On the minus side, getting to the annex might be a trial if it were raining. There are two routes: into the parking lot, and through a small garden courtyard. The first is ugly and has the trash bins; the second has grass and small flagged stepping stones, not ideal for roller luggage. or the valet cart. Luckily, it wasn't raining but sunny. Still... Grindingly slow elevators, which you can by-pass by using the stairs ... again, not ideal, as they really shouldn't be open at the room level, allowing any old off-the-street person in. Also, the beds were not nearly as comfy as they looked - very hard, yet conveying every move and jostle by one's bed partner. Finally, with the windows open, Anacortes is VERY NOISY, but I wanted fresh air (and the AC/heater was also VERY NOISY).
We tried to roof bar. Ho-hum. Too horridly bright in the westering sun, slim offerings. We should've taken the offer to have drinks brought from the real bar up to the cupola atop the historic hotel, with 360 degree views of the entire area.
Still, it is a nice place if you're staying in Anacortes.

Room Tip: Higher up, away from the street noise, which cannot be helped.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul S, General Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, Susan. You described our hotel well, and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay overall. I also appreciate the constructive feedback on the beds, rooftop bar, noise levels, and walking between new and historic building. I am sorry you experienced these issues and annoyances during your stay. Please email me at gm@majesticinnandspa.com to let me know which room you stayed in so I can investigate the bed, as we want all our guests to experience only supreme comfort.
clearwater, fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed here for 3 days and had a pleasant time. The hotel has been tastefully restored and it is located in the quieter, older part of Anacortes. Our room was very comfortable and the staff ground some fresh coffee for our in-room french press - a nice touch. Service is energetic and friendly but sometimes misfires. One day we had no towels in the room. Service in the bar was hit or miss. One night we sat at the bar for 5 minutes before anyone noticed us. Other nights we were well served. Overall, a nice place that just could do with a little more training.

Room Tip: Stay in the newer section of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul S, General Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback, and bringing these missteps to our attention. While I am glad you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, I apologize for the very delayed welcome to our bar, as well as not replacing your towels one day. I assure you that I will work tirelessly to get the kinks worked about before your next visit, so you can have a truly MAJESTIC experience.
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We booked this hotel due to hotels being unavailable when visiting Friday Harbor. I am so glad to have been unable to stay there. The Majestic Inn and Spa was a gem! The town of Anacortes is a delightful surprise and this hotel did not disappoint. The room was spotless and beatifully appointed. I am super picky about staying at hotels and usually can't relax when thinking about germs etc. The Majestic Inn was the first time in a long time that I completely relaxed. The front desk staff was very friendly and we felt welcomed and appreciated that we chose to stay at their hotel. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Paul S, General Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
I'm glad we were able to set your mind at ease, so you could relax with us. Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Laura, and we hope to see you again.
Okatie, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed at the Majestic Inn 2 nights, one before and one after a trip to the San Juan Islands. Our room was a welcome sight after camping 5 nights on our trip. Our group consisted of my husband and me and our son and his family. The staff was very accommodating, putting us in rooms near each other with all of the amenities we needed. Freshly ground coffee on arrival was an extra treat.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Paul S, Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you so much for you wonderful review, Alice!
Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We are staying at the Majestic Inn and Spa in Anacortes . Our room #503 has a beautiful view of the islands with a small balcony. The room is beautifully furnished with nice product amenities including french press coffee maker and fridge. The rooftop bar has a great view but prices are a little steep and food minimal. We had dinner at the Rock Fish Grill, it was very tasty. Lunch today around the corner at Girl'd Cheese...OMG If you like grilled cheese you must go there but unless you have a huge appetitive I suggest sharing t,he sandwich. Sit in the patio/garden and enjoy the northwest air. This afternoon happy hour at "The Secret Cove" then onto Anthony's for their happy hour Yes..we are on vacation. this little town is really beautiful and lots of great food and beer on tap. I know we are lucky with great weather but take a chance and visit Anacortes.

Room Tip: Ask for a view there are only 4 rooms (I think) with a balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul S, General Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I'm glad you're enjoying your stay and our town! By the way, the weather is almost always this great between June and September.
Clinton, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My Mother flew into Seattle to be with the rest of my family as my brother, her son, passed away in the hospital. We were up all night sitting by his bedside as he went...you can imagine how tired and emotional we were. My niece called to make a reservation for us at the Majestic so we could stay there until the memorial, she explained the circumstances to the woman making the reservation. When we got the to the hotel we were told that the room was not ready yet but they would put a rush on it (it was 12 pm and guaranteed check in is not until 4 pm). I gave them my cell phone number and asked them to call me as soon as possible, we were exhausted. I also asked them to hold our luggage, thinking that it would be kept in a secure location.

My Mother and I had to find something to do with ourselves, we had been up over 24 hours and of course, were very upset. I got a phone call at 3:54 pm letting me know that the room was ready. When we got back to the hotel to check in, I saw our luggage sitting along the wall in a public area. The woman checking us in acted like she had never seen us before and asked for our names again. She pulled up the reservation, read the comments and then asked us, very cheerfully, how our day was - my Mother told her "I watched my son die this morning" and then started to cry. It was at this point that the other woman at the front desk tried to up-sell us to take a $10 sauna, when we did not respond, she tried doing it again!

Needless to say, we were APPALLED and greatly OFFENDED by what happened to us. I realize that it was an uncomfortable situation to be in, however, this staff needs an incredible amount of training in customer service. I will not return nor will I ever recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Paul S, General Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Ms. White,
First and foremost, please accept my condolences for your loss. I was appalled as well when I read how inappropriately the front desk interacted with you and your family. I have spoken with and coached both of the ladies who were insensitive to your loss.
Paul

Been to Majestic Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!