“Nice hotel but very, very noisy” 3 of 5 stars

Announcement
New Year's Eve Dinner
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice hotel but very, very noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I wanted a short get-away and decided to stay at Majestic Inn and Spa because of the great reviews on TripAdvisor. Here's the good stuff: the hotel is nicely decorated and situated in what appears to be the "downtown" area of Anacortes. It is within walking distance of some interesting shops, good restaurants/cafes and the marina. Our room was on the 3rd floor facing Commercial Street. The room is quite small but adequate for our needs, nicely decorated and very clean. There is no air conditioning but there is a ceiling fan that turns very, very slowly and cannot be turned up....while the room did get a bit stuffy at times, opening the windows (screened) helped a lot. The bad stuff: unfortunately, the bar across the street plays VERY loud music starting at around 7 pm. Loud enough that we could not keep our windows open while watching a movie in the evening, because we couldn't hear the dialogue! This happened on both the Friday and Saturday nights we stayed in the hotel. It was particularly bad on Saturday - there was apparently live music at the bar and it was POUNDING through the walls. We had to use earplugs on both nights - interestingly, the earplugs were provided in the hotel bathroom so perhaps the noise is not an unusual occurrence. The manager I spoke with when we checked out on Sunday did not seem surprised to hear about the noise, though he was very apologetic and offered to give us a discount and a room off the street if we returned another time. I wish I had read some comments about this before booking so I could ask for a room off Commercial Avenue! It really ruined the experience for us. If our kids had been with us we would have been a lot more pissed off but as it was, we made do. I would not have expected this at a $200/night hotel. I am not sure if we would return. I know it's not the hotel's fault but I wish we were warned about the noise and given options...it's obvious this has happened before.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room off Commercial Street away from the noisy bar and revelers!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt P, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for the review. I appreciate the honest feedback, and am working on straightening out the issues. I am working with the City of Anacortes regarding the noise ordinance. In the meantime, we have completed a thirty room expansion which is much quieter and has temperature controlled rooms (both heat and A/C). I’m glad you enjoyed the hotel, and look forward to having you as again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We just stayed in a corner room - a nice large room with a good balcony where we enjoyed drinks in the afternoon.
The room was newly refurbished and equipped to standard. DVD's are available to borrow and the selection is OK, yet somewhat outdated.

The only real downside was a wi-fi that was so slow that it basically was non-functioning. The staff at check-in and check-out was welcoming and friendly.

Hint : DInner in the restaurant is good and represent good value for money. Don't go for breakfast - it's better at the "Adrift restaurant" directly across the street

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
The rooms with balconies are perfect for afternoon drinks! We’re happy that you were able to take full advantage of the beautiful Corner View Suites, and that dinner was a good value. We have readdressed the WIFI signal, and it now streams throughout the property. We hope to have you as a guest again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed in a corner room at the Majestic for two nights, and it was absolutely wonderful. The room is HUGE, and ours had a large balcony area with a table and chairs, and a soaking tub. It was WELL worth the cost, and if you're looking for relaxation, comfort, and dare I say romance, I highly recommend spending a little more to get one of these rooms.

The hotel is in a great location, right amongst the quaint little downtown area in Anacortes. While I believe they are building a second building next door that will house a fitness center, for now they allow free access to Thrive fitness, a great gym about 3/4 mile down the road.

Free wi-fi. Free parking. Decent water pressure. Awesome bathrobes. Go buy some bubble bath and enjoy!

The room service breakfast (lox plate and oatmeal) was delicious, though expensive, and the complimentary fresh ground coffee they give for the french press in your room is a really nice touch.

The absolutely only two downsides I can think of was that I found a few very obvious hairs on top of our comforter as soon as we arrived, and the restaurant (for dinner) is terrible, but those are super minor issues.

We had a wonderful stay, and I would go back here in a heartbeat and recommend it to anyone and everyone looking for a nice place in Anacortes.

Room Tip: Spring for a corner room on the top floor with a balcony if you can.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. We pride ourselves on being one of the premier romantic getaway destinations in the Pacific Northwest. I apologize sincerely for the hairs found on the counter, and have used this review as a training point for all of my housekeeping staff. I also apologize for your less-than-memorable experience at the restaurant, and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you on a resolution. We look forward to your next venture to Anacortes! -Matt (360) 299-1400 ext. 111
Haymarket, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel yearly when I visit Washington State and it never disappoints. I love the rooms and location and the spa. The proximity to the restaurants is great and this is a convenient hotel for going over to the San Juan Islands.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for voting us the best in Anacortes. Whether you’re catching a ferry or exploring everything that Anacortes has to offer, the Majestic Inn’s location is unbeatable! We look forward to seeing you again.
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were looking for a spot to stay close to the ferries as we were headed toOrcas Island. This is a grand old buliding that has been updated nicely. We chose a corner suite, I do like to have peace and quiet when sleeping. This room had a rooftop sitting area, quite large and overlooking the water. It was pretty warm the day we were there and with no air conditioning it was nice to open the door and they provide a fan to move the air around.
This is an old building, when folks walk and talk in the hallways its quite loud and when doors ars slammed you can really hear it. It just amazes me how inconsiderate people are when they stay in a hotel. I wouldn'tt let that stop you as the accomodations are great, beds comfy and the fresh coffee and french press in the room is a nice touch.
They do have a restaurant and bar, we had drinks the one evening and a very good breakfast the following morning. Great staff, would defineatly repeat.

Room Tip: Being a light sleeper I would suggest a top floor or corner suite
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
The Corner View Suite rooms are some of the best on the property, and we’re glad that you were able to enjoy the beautiful room. The noise in the hallway may be a little loud when doors are slammed, but fortunately we have a brand new 30 room expansion that is very quiet. We can’t wait to have you as a guest again, and we’ll have the fresh-ground coffee waiting for you!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a lovely comfortable colonial style hotel in a prime position in Anacortes. We stayed for six nights and had a spaceous room with large balcony overlooking the estuary - very nice indeed. One proviso: There were no curtains, only woodden shutters which made it quite light early morning. Overall very good value.
The people of Majestic Inn were particularly nice and helpful and I cannot but praise them all, especially the two Jeffs, Sarah and Darci. Breakfast is a bit pricey - but there are plenty of good eateries just along the main road, including an attractive and lively bar for the evenings, the Brown Lantern (or similar). Also, for sea food, I can highly recommend Anthony`s at the marina on the water fronnt.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony sea view room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. I know that my staff enjoys seeing their name posted on the internet! I appreciate the feedback on the shutters, and we’ll consider an alternative solution. I am very happy that you enjoyed everything that Anacortes has to offer, and we look forward to having you as a guest again.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We recently visited the Majestic Inn for our wedding dinner tasting, and Patrick made us a delightful lamb dinner. After tasting what Patrick made for us, we can't wait to share his talent and skill with our friends and family at the big event!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
The Majestic’s culinary team is ready and prepared to deliver specialties and requests for any event. We’re thrilled that we were able to deliver your vision, and that you were able to share the team’s gift with your family and friends. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Majestic Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!