“Lovely romantic vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lovely romantic vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed in a corner room at the Majestic for two nights, and it was absolutely wonderful. The room is HUGE, and ours had a large balcony area with a table and chairs, and a soaking tub. It was WELL worth the cost, and if you're looking for relaxation, comfort, and dare I say romance, I highly recommend spending a little more to get one of these rooms.

The hotel is in a great location, right amongst the quaint little downtown area in Anacortes. While I believe they are building a second building next door that will house a fitness center, for now they allow free access to Thrive fitness, a great gym about 3/4 mile down the road.

Free wi-fi. Free parking. Decent water pressure. Awesome bathrobes. Go buy some bubble bath and enjoy!

The room service breakfast (lox plate and oatmeal) was delicious, though expensive, and the complimentary fresh ground coffee they give for the french press in your room is a really nice touch.

The absolutely only two downsides I can think of was that I found a few very obvious hairs on top of our comforter as soon as we arrived, and the restaurant (for dinner) is terrible, but those are super minor issues.

We had a wonderful stay, and I would go back here in a heartbeat and recommend it to anyone and everyone looking for a nice place in Anacortes.

Room Tip: Spring for a corner room on the top floor with a balcony if you can.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt P, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We pride ourselves on being one of the premier romantic getaway destinations in the Pacific Northwest. I apologize sincerely for the hairs found on the counter, and have used this review as a training point for all of my housekeeping staff. I also apologize for your less-than-memorable experience at the restaurant, and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you on a resolution. We look forward to your next venture to Anacortes! -Matt (360) 299-1400 ext. 111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Haymarket, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel yearly when I visit Washington State and it never disappoints. I love the rooms and location and the spa. The proximity to the restaurants is great and this is a convenient hotel for going over to the San Juan Islands.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for voting us the best in Anacortes. Whether you’re catching a ferry or exploring everything that Anacortes has to offer, the Majestic Inn’s location is unbeatable! We look forward to seeing you again.
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were looking for a spot to stay close to the ferries as we were headed toOrcas Island. This is a grand old buliding that has been updated nicely. We chose a corner suite, I do like to have peace and quiet when sleeping. This room had a rooftop sitting area, quite large and overlooking the water. It was pretty warm the day we were there and with no air conditioning it was nice to open the door and they provide a fan to move the air around.
This is an old building, when folks walk and talk in the hallways its quite loud and when doors ars slammed you can really hear it. It just amazes me how inconsiderate people are when they stay in a hotel. I wouldn'tt let that stop you as the accomodations are great, beds comfy and the fresh coffee and french press in the room is a nice touch.
They do have a restaurant and bar, we had drinks the one evening and a very good breakfast the following morning. Great staff, would defineatly repeat.

Room Tip: Being a light sleeper I would suggest a top floor or corner suite
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
The Corner View Suite rooms are some of the best on the property, and we’re glad that you were able to enjoy the beautiful room. The noise in the hallway may be a little loud when doors are slammed, but fortunately we have a brand new 30 room expansion that is very quiet. We can’t wait to have you as a guest again, and we’ll have the fresh-ground coffee waiting for you!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a lovely comfortable colonial style hotel in a prime position in Anacortes. We stayed for six nights and had a spaceous room with large balcony overlooking the estuary - very nice indeed. One proviso: There were no curtains, only woodden shutters which made it quite light early morning. Overall very good value.
The people of Majestic Inn were particularly nice and helpful and I cannot but praise them all, especially the two Jeffs, Sarah and Darci. Breakfast is a bit pricey - but there are plenty of good eateries just along the main road, including an attractive and lively bar for the evenings, the Brown Lantern (or similar). Also, for sea food, I can highly recommend Anthony`s at the marina on the water fronnt.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony sea view room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. I know that my staff enjoys seeing their name posted on the internet! I appreciate the feedback on the shutters, and we’ll consider an alternative solution. I am very happy that you enjoyed everything that Anacortes has to offer, and we look forward to having you as a guest again.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We recently visited the Majestic Inn for our wedding dinner tasting, and Patrick made us a delightful lamb dinner. After tasting what Patrick made for us, we can't wait to share his talent and skill with our friends and family at the big event!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
The Majestic’s culinary team is ready and prepared to deliver specialties and requests for any event. We’re thrilled that we were able to deliver your vision, and that you were able to share the team’s gift with your family and friends. We hope to see you again soon!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

After a wonderful welcome at the desk with Matt and Brie we enjoyed the Fresh Selections from the local Farmers Market that the restaurant had prepared for the day with a starter of fresh prawns (heads on!) and stuffed mushrooms, what a treat, keep up the good work....we'll be back!

Room Tip: Great view of the channel!! ....and the upstairs room at the top of the building is a great place to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the glowing review! We pride ourselves on delivering fresh, Pacific Northwest food with some of the best service in the industry. We will see you again soon!
Anacortes, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family and I went to the 5th Street Bistro at The Majestc Inn for Mother's Day; WOW, what a treat!

Although we didn't stay over night at the inn, we enjoyed the romantic elegance it offers.
The atmosphere and warm inviting staff make for a perfect visit.

Our Mother's Day brunch....or better yet, "feast" was fabulous! The food was so fresh and scrumptious! It's hard to say what my favorite dish was... The Chicken Marsala was so moist, the angel hair pasta with prawns, artichoke hearts, sundries tomato, and capers was to die for. The steamer clams....well, I couldn't get enough of them. Even the simple spring salad with pecans, cranberries and I think champagne vinaigrette was perfect. I could go on and on about my perfect Mother's Day feast, but I'm making myself hungry. Lol. Oh, the roasted red potatoes, asparagus, and of course the four types of dessert were out of this world. YUMMY! I've eaten here before and have enjoyed it...but, this was even steps above what I've had in the past. We will definitely be back!

** I want to give special thank you to our server, Madison. She was so attentive, sweet, and deserves praise. The gentleman that served our wine was also professional and kind. Also, I was impressed and surprised that the chef (I think his name was Eric) came out to introduce himself and ask how our meal was. Very impressive!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Matt P, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the 5th Street Bistro located in the Majestic Inn and Spa. Mother's Day was a great way for our new Executive Chef, Erik Morris, to impress the 120+ guests who joined us. We are striving for a fresh, Northwest menu that reflects the bounty of local foods--we're thrilled that we delivered that vision. We look forward to seeing you again, and hopefully it's before the next Mother's Day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn
La Conner Channel Lodge
La Conner Channel Lodge
#1 of 3 in La Conner
4.5 of 5 stars 161 reviews

Been to Majestic Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!