“Good location but....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cap Sante Inn

Cap Sante Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anacortes
Cap Sante Inn
You added Cap Sante Inn to your Saves list
906 9th Street, Anacortes, WA 98221   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Anacortes B&B and Inns
La Jolla, California
“Good location but....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were catching a ferry early the next day so this was a good location and it is near several good restaurants. But there was someone else's blood on one bath towel, no plug in the tub to draw a bath, no facial tissue, no coffee in the room, the heater was taped to the wall, it is really kind of a dump. Price is right if that is what you are looking for!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Orcas Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visiting friends gave the Cap Sante Inn thumbs up, so when I needed to spend the night in Anacortes, I called them. I was having a medical procedure at the hospital the next day; I was on a liquid diet and the microwave and fridge made the less-than-appetizing food a bit easier. I did not care that the hotel did not have a buffet as I could not eat breakfast anyway. The room was large and comfortable. All appliances worked just fine, as did the wifi. The staff was very friendly and helpful. One cannot blame Cap Sante for someone banging on a nearby door -- that could happen anywhere. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to others. At $75, you should not expect the Ritz, but I think you'll be very content with the amenities.

Room Tip: The Inn is off the main drag; I thought that would be a good thing, but in actuality, I think the st...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
eugene oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Due to some travel complications, I changed my reservations several times- the staff were friendly and helpful on the phone. Our room was very clean and spacious. It is clear that they are working on updating the rooms, but it was a little shabby. If you are used to cookie cutter perfect rooms in chain hotels, this room may not live up to your expectations. If you are looking for a comfortable, friendly and convienent spot, this will fit the bill. The location was great, very easy walk to downtown and marina. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed August 2012
Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We chose to stay at the Cap Sante Inn mostly on the basis of its location, very close to the harbor/marina and its associated restaurants (such as the local branch of Anthony's), plus TripAdvisor reviews that were generally at least lukewarm, occasionally verging on guardedly enthusiastic.

We were not disappointed. Check-in was friendly and efficient, though the password for the local wi-fi wasn't shared. (This oversight is relevant because the proprietors are not on-scene after 11 pm, so if you need the password after that time, or any other form of management interaction, you are out of luck. In fact, part of the sign-in process involved signing off on a $50 fee if you required management assistance entering your room after hours, for example because of a lost key.) Room prices are relatively high and based on the inn's location. Fair enough.

The facility itself is average, with reasonably large rooms in good repair. No in-room coffee was a disappointment. Coffee is, however, available at the front office, and can be enjoyed at an outside picnic table, though I'm not sure if "enjoyed" is appropriate if it's raining, which is not unheard of in the Pacific northwest.

Overall, a guarded thumbs-up if you go in with your eyes open.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Eastsound
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The advertising for Cap Sante Inn online made it sound like it might be worth $100 a night. This past weekend, upon arrival in Anacortes, I was met with warm greeting by one of the many women who seemed to staff this joint. She was very kind. However, the refrigerator in the room didn't work. The Wifi didn't work either. I was told by the very "reasonable" staff lady that I could move to another room to get a refrigerator that worked. But the problem with Wifi was my problem because I happened to have made the mistake of having a mac computer. I pointed out to her that management had known all of this when they gave me this room. I told her I was not pleased. She said "well, you can talk to the owner". I said "okay", at which time she stated of course the owner was out of town through the weekend.

The next morning when I was in the office getting ice to keep my medications cool in my room, another very kindly woman mentioned the owner was leaving town in explanation for why I had to wait while she finished her phone call with him. Oh, yes, and I had been awakened by someone hammering in close proximity to my room around 6:45 in the morning.

This place is a rip off. So much for internet shopping for motels. What was described is NOT what you get at this establishment. I made note that they copied my credit card and I signed for the charge upon arrival. Big mistake. They knew what they were doing.

Room Tip: wouldn't bet on any room here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

That's what this place has going for it. Right near a beautiful marina and park, and within two minures' walk to great restaurants and shops. A few steps from a bus stop (and Anacortes has a great bus system that you can take to the Washington State Ferries). Cap Sante Inn's staff was friendly and helpful, but their office hours are strictly 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., so donlt plan on checking out early or coming in late.

The rooms are OK. Nothing fancy, and decently clean. This is an aging property that is showing its wear. If ownership wanted to invest, it could be a gold mine because of the location.

Room Tip: Tip concerning "marina view" vs. "parking lot view" rooms: You will likely be of...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Puyallup, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Anacortes was the destination for the last night on our motorcycle trip with friends around the Cascade Loop. We stayed here years ago on another trip so we knew it was in a great location in the middle of down town. Shops, a Safeway, restaurants and the harbor are all a short walk away.
The Cap Sante is an older two story motel. There are two buildings separated by a street. It probably looks pretty much as it did when it was first built.(maybe in the 60's?) It's a little frayed around the edges and the exterior and parking lot could use some attention but the rooms are large and clean, the mattress seemed newer and firm, the bedding and towels were clean and fresh and it's all we needed for one night. Snacks and breakfast bars were offered in the office but that is pretty much all they offer as a continental breakfast. There is no pool or gathering places except the one picnic table in the parking lot so don't expect a lot in the way of amenities. The rate seems a little high for the looks of the place but the location in town and proximity to the water and ferries that service the San Juan Islands dictate the higher prices.

The woman at the desk was friendly and check in was fine except one couple in our group who asked to be near the group when they made their reservation was given a room in the other building. It made no sense because it was a Sunday and there were hardly any other people there beside our group. They were put back into our building but it might have been a problem had they been heavily booked. I think folks who take reservations should listen and be attentive to requests when possible. A small request denied, may be nothing important to the motel employee but will be remembered by the person that is handing over the $$ to stay and may be a factor in deciding to stay again or to recommend the lodging to others. Anyway, all that aside, we walked the the Rockfish Grill and brewery a few bocks away and had a nice dinner outside in the patio area and then we walked to the harbor and enjoyed a stroll down to see all the different boats that are moored there. We walked about a block away the next morning for a good breakfast before we packed up and rode home so it all worked good for us and we were satisfied with our stay. There are many lodging choices in this town that may have newer or more amenities but I would stay here again because it was clean and we really liked the convenient location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends