“Great value, best place to stay in Anacortes” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 Commercial Ave, Anacortes, WA 98221   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Los Angeles, California
“Great value, best place to stay in Anacortes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have stayed at several places in Anacortes, and decided to give The Marina Inn a try after a week long cruise through the San Juan Islands. What a treasure! Our room with the king sized bed was very comfortable and equipped with a microwave, fridge, flat screen TV and nice assortment of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and body gel. There is a Continental breakfast included in rate - juice, cereal, fruit, pastries - and a Keurig coffee maker in the room. Fresh cookies are available in the lobby in the afternoon, staff are friendly and cheery and the location is right on the main street in Anacortes. Perfect for either a one night or long stay. Don't change a thing! We will be back.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Tucson AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This motel appears to be competitively priced for this area if you are looking for an economical night's stay near the ferries. The motel was a bit dated but that did not surprise me. On the other hand, it sounded like there was zero noise insulation between rooms, most notably with the plumbing. When our neighbor ran water in their sink, I could swear that our sink was running. The phone was haunted; it would ring every 15 or so minutes and there was never anyone there. Eventually we just took it off the hook for the night. I would probably recommend a B&B to any couples visiting this area who are not getting up early for the ferry.

Room Tip: Just a guess, but perhaps the upstairs units have less plumbing noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had a room reserved and was very pleased with the room and rate. However the Lori who would have been checking us in was so disrespectful I decided that I would rather spend my money somewhere else because of the way Lori treated me. I have worked customer service a long time and I could not believe the way this woman talked to me and really I should say yelled at me in front of other customers. Good customer service is making sure that they are happy and want to come back and I was neither. I spoke to the manager who apologized for her rude obnoxious employee but didn't seem sincere or like she really gave a crap. Anacortes is a beautiful place with a lot of friendly people. I would recommend visiting but I would absolutely not recommend this hotel. I am glad they didn't get a penny from me, nor will they ever and I hope they don't get any of yours either.

• Stayed September 2013
marinafun, Manager at The Marina Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Our policy is if a guest is paying with cash you must have $100 cash security deposit or we authorize $100 on a credit card in the event of potential damage. The deposit is returned at check out after inspection of the room. The reviewer didn't have the cash and she wanted us to hold her "debit" card for security after admitting there was no money on it. Lori took her into another room in order not to embarrass her in front of other guests and tried to explain our policy. The reviewer got mad. I was just returning to the hotel and she caught me in my car and complained to me for 15 minutes with me barely getting a word in edge wise. I told her that Lori is a long time guest here and is excellent with guests and without having her side of things there was nothing I wasn't going to comment except to say I was sorry if she had a bad experience and I would check into it. She asked if the policy was for everyone and I said yes. She proceeded to head to her car and I came into the hotel. As I approached Lori to ask her what had happened the reviewer came back in and shouted at Lori using such vulgar language I wouldn't even repeat it and yelling at other guests that they shouldn't stay here. Her behavior was totally unacceptable and she will never be welcome at this hotel.
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel is a great value. You can't beat the price. The hotel was clean, beds were comfortable, location was great. The lobby smells of chocolate-chip cookies - yum! No elevators, but there are only 2 floors, and they told us beforehand, so it wasn't a big deal. I was also very impressed with the amenities in the room - there was a hair-dryer, TV with cable, a mini-fridge, a microwave, and a coffee maker. (We had a regular coffee maker, but our friends had a Keurig in their room.) I wasn't expecting those items to be in the room for such a cheap price. I was expecting 2 beds and a bathroom! :) I was also very glad to have the sink outside the bathroom, which is always nice when traveling with others.

I was a little disappointed with the breakfast, only because we were told it was an "expanded" continental breakfast, which I took to mean hot food. In my opinion, it was just a regular continental breakfast - bagels, toast, fruit, boiled eggs, coffee, and juice. If they hadn't said anything about the breakfast, I would have been just fine with it.

If I'm ever in the area, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Bremerton, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the night before our Island Adventures whale watching boat trip out of Anacortes. The boat check-in was just blocks down Commercial Ave., the main drag through town.

The desk and breakfast room staff were very friendly and courteous. Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies were offered gratis in early evening. Our room was fairly spacious with a flat screen TV and somewhat hard mattress on the bed. Keurig coffee maker with both regular and decaf K cups. Complementary breakfast in the small breakfast room included cereals, Danish, hard boiled eggs, Eggo waffles (sadly not cook your own), toast, juices, coffee, fruit etc. We had a quiet, comfortable stay, though I wouldn't say it was a screaming deal at $100.00 incl. tax AFTER our AAA discount. Only big downer? Ice machine broke down right after we arrived...so no ice. Oh! and if view and a pool are important to you, this is not the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for one evening after arriving on the ferry from Sidney BC. The Marina Inn is a very nice place to stay, comfortable rooms, very good beds, with coffee maker, fridge and microwave, good Wifi, and close (driving distance) to many beautiful parks on Fidalgo Island, as well as to the Washington Ferry to San Juan Islands and Vancouver Island . The front staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was good. The fresh baked cookies in the evening - delicious, although not great for my diet!

The only draw-back was that there is no balcony nor outdoor sitting space (except for table and couple of chairs adjacent to parking lot.) However we took our snacks to a local park and enjoyed our picnic looking over the marina and the bay.

Anacortes is an interesting town and we enjoyed an afternoon walking and exploring the Old Town and walking along the Marina and up to the very beautiful viewpoint looking over Anacortes and the entire town. There is a lot of history in this place. We also enjoyed our time exploring some of the wonderful state parks and walking the trail around Deception Pass. Well worth a stay beyond the one night "to catch the ferry" stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there on sep1st,2013 for a night. It was a last minute plan for whale watching and luckily we found this hotel. It was small but very clean and right on the main street close to everything(the main st is called commercial ave and everything is on both sides of this ave perpendicularly including the marina).The lady at the front desk Pam was very helpful in guiding us to local attractions.Rooms are clean with A/C .Bathrooms are well taken care of. Continental breakfast is not so great.. everything is cold including waffles and boiled eggs, however there is a microwave to heat if u want.since it was only for a night to crash, no complaints at all.

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Majestic Inn and Spa
La Conner Channel Lodge
La Conner Channel Lodge
#1 of 3 in La Conner
4.5 of 5 stars 170 reviews

Been to The Marina Inn? Share your experiences!