“Great Value!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Kirkland, Washington
“Great Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel is a great value. You can't beat the price. The hotel was clean, beds were comfortable, location was great. The lobby smells of chocolate-chip cookies - yum! No elevators, but there are only 2 floors, and they told us beforehand, so it wasn't a big deal. I was also very impressed with the amenities in the room - there was a hair-dryer, TV with cable, a mini-fridge, a microwave, and a coffee maker. (We had a regular coffee maker, but our friends had a Keurig in their room.) I wasn't expecting those items to be in the room for such a cheap price. I was expecting 2 beds and a bathroom! :) I was also very glad to have the sink outside the bathroom, which is always nice when traveling with others.

I was a little disappointed with the breakfast, only because we were told it was an "expanded" continental breakfast, which I took to mean hot food. In my opinion, it was just a regular continental breakfast - bagels, toast, fruit, boiled eggs, coffee, and juice. If they hadn't said anything about the breakfast, I would have been just fine with it.

If I'm ever in the area, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bremerton, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the night before our Island Adventures whale watching boat trip out of Anacortes. The boat check-in was just blocks down Commercial Ave., the main drag through town.

The desk and breakfast room staff were very friendly and courteous. Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies were offered gratis in early evening. Our room was fairly spacious with a flat screen TV and somewhat hard mattress on the bed. Keurig coffee maker with both regular and decaf K cups. Complementary breakfast in the small breakfast room included cereals, Danish, hard boiled eggs, Eggo waffles (sadly not cook your own), toast, juices, coffee, fruit etc. We had a quiet, comfortable stay, though I wouldn't say it was a screaming deal at $100.00 incl. tax AFTER our AAA discount. Only big downer? Ice machine broke down right after we arrived...so no ice. Oh! and if view and a pool are important to you, this is not the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for one evening after arriving on the ferry from Sidney BC. The Marina Inn is a very nice place to stay, comfortable rooms, very good beds, with coffee maker, fridge and microwave, good Wifi, and close (driving distance) to many beautiful parks on Fidalgo Island, as well as to the Washington Ferry to San Juan Islands and Vancouver Island . The front staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was good. The fresh baked cookies in the evening - delicious, although not great for my diet!

The only draw-back was that there is no balcony nor outdoor sitting space (except for table and couple of chairs adjacent to parking lot.) However we took our snacks to a local park and enjoyed our picnic looking over the marina and the bay.

Anacortes is an interesting town and we enjoyed an afternoon walking and exploring the Old Town and walking along the Marina and up to the very beautiful viewpoint looking over Anacortes and the entire town. There is a lot of history in this place. We also enjoyed our time exploring some of the wonderful state parks and walking the trail around Deception Pass. Well worth a stay beyond the one night "to catch the ferry" stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there on sep1st,2013 for a night. It was a last minute plan for whale watching and luckily we found this hotel. It was small but very clean and right on the main street close to everything(the main st is called commercial ave and everything is on both sides of this ave perpendicularly including the marina).The lady at the front desk Pam was very helpful in guiding us to local attractions.Rooms are clean with A/C .Bathrooms are well taken care of. Continental breakfast is not so great.. everything is cold including waffles and boiled eggs, however there is a microwave to heat if u want.since it was only for a night to crash, no complaints at all.

• Stayed September 2013
Hood River, Oregon, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have stayed in various places in the Anacortes area in order to catch the morning ferry to Vancouver Island, and none were as well done as the Marina Inn. It isn't new, but it is well-appointed, obviously had a facelift lately, The rooms are outfitted with almost everything you would want, including a Keurig coffee maker. Hooray!
I am going to quit checking out other places and make this my stopping off place in Anacortes from now on.

Room Tip: There are two floors but no elevator. If you don't want to carry luggage upstairs, ask for a roo...
Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel is a small "mom & pop" type place. The rooms are very clean. The front desk has fresh baked cookies every evening. There is a breakfast buffet, but we did not partake, so I cannot rate that.
It is in a convenient location, easy to find!

Chilliwack, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Good value and well kept clean rooms. I woke up well before my family so thought I'd treat myself to a leisurely coffee downstairs and get some time to read my book - unfortunately the breakfast area is tight and not intended for lengthy stays, so that didn't happen as I'd hoped. Aside from the space, which is OK for what it is, I could hear absolutely everything from behind the busy front desk, including all converstions between staff members...they might want to keep that door shut between the back of the desk and the breakfast room to keep it peaceful for guests.

Room Tip: If you can't manage stairs be sure to get a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Marina Inn? Share your experiences!