“Experience of a lifetime!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 17 Activities in Anacortes
Type: Water sports, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: If you're ready for a rod bending, reel screaming, adrenaline pumping good time, then get on board for the ultimate fishing experience! Jolly Mon Charters is a family owed business dedicating to providing the greatest experience possible on the water in the San Juan Islands. We specialize in light and heavy tackle fishing charters that cater to all skill levels. Get on board and experience the finest fishing Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands have to offer!
“Experience of a lifetime!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I had 3 amazing firsts on my trip with Jolly Mon Charters! I got to see the amazing views of Anacortes by boat, got to fish, and crab all in one day! Captain Chris was extremely patient in teaching me all the tricks and tips, and being that I'm a teacher myself, I wanted to know all the "why's" of everything. He was extremely knowledgable and helped me to understand how and why everything works the way it does. I absolutely love seafood, and there was nothing like catching it fresh and eating it a few hours later! An extraordinary experience! I can't wait to go back and visit Captain Chris and Jolly Mon charters again soon!

JollyMonAnacortes, Owner at Jolly Mon Charters, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I'm looking forward to your next trip out Jlb282!

Anacortes, Washington
“Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I went out with Jolly Mon Charters and we had a blast!!!! The weather was a little foggy but once it cleared up Capt. Chris took us to some awesome spots and we fished for hours, after we were done fishing we went and pulled up four crab pots. I only pulled up two he pulled up the other two we had a total of 14 keepers, we got back to the docks he showed us how to clean them! After that he said enjoy and let us have them to bring home and eat!! It was well worth it!!!! Thank you so much Jolly Mon Charters and I would recommend this to others. Boat is nice and clean and in great shape!! Gear is Great!!! Capt. Chris was a Outstanding Guy. Hopefully this review helps you choose the best for your Trip! Good luck fishing!

Visited September 2012
Thanks Navy Guy! I had a good time too!
“Stay away from this guy!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I asked him for crab pots, no pots when I got there. He said be early so we can be fishing by 7am then we waited till 830 to start fishing. I told him how I wanted to fish, he refused each of my methods all day. We went to two different sites which we sat for 4hrs each site, no fish. We snagged three dog fish in the head because he fished right off the bottom of the ocean. He tangled his three down riggers and spent 2hrs almost fixing the messes. The man inherited everything he has and does not know how to fish, end of story!

It's unfortunate and suprising actually that this guest had a poor experience on the trip as he seemed to be having a good time during the trip. This guest did ask to put crab pots out but did not want to pay for the additional add-on. Unfortunately this trip had another guest that paid for fishing and we were unable to take time away from that to pull pots. We did leave the docks approximately one hour late to wait for another guest who was running late. This decision was made only after asking "Lilbuddy TtB" if he minded. He said it was OK and we more than made up for it on the backside of the trip. This was "Lilbuddy TtB's" first time fishing in the San Juan Islands, and as a professional fishing guide with extensive experience in this area, I know exactly what to use and when to use it to maximize the potential of putting fish in the boat. I'm fishing nearly every day in the summer and maintain a good level of awareness for fishing trends. Unfortunately, some days there are no fish caught, like this day. Not due to lack of experience or effort, but the fact that there just weren't any fish that day. The two hour delay for fixing a tangle is quite exagerated and I have no idea about the "inherited" comment. I built this company from the ground up!