“A dump!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Spokane, Washington
“A dump!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Are you kidding me? How can this place get good reviews? The first night we spent there, kids were running around, yelling and screaming until 9:30pm. The parking lot was full of trash, the room had 2 tv's. That's great, but one didn't work. The bathroom needed major renovation. There was one tiny waste basket in the bathroom, that's it. The room had a kitchenette, but nothing worked and no flatware, dishes, or pots and pans. We won't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We travel to Anacortes a couple times a year for my husband's work at the refinery and we always stay here. We are always asked at check in if we want weekly service because we more or less live there for 3-4 weeks. We always decline because my husband works nights. The staff always gives us towels and sheets when we ask and I usually change them because of his work schedule. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The room is always clean when we check in. The person before me who left the reveiw I don't understand because we never had an experience like that. This motel caters to refinery workers so it might not be your 5 star motel but you won't find another on in town for the price and convenience. See y'all again in July.

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband was working in Anacortes He stayed at the San Juan motel for approximately two and a half weeks. and all that time his room was never cleaned his sheets were never changed he was never given clean towels no toilet paper and had to empty his own garbage. if he ever has to work there again I will pay a little more and get a decent room. will never stay here again no matter how convenient.

• Stayed May 2013
Portland, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This motel is very conveniently located in Anancortes and walking distance to shops and restaurants. However, it really is worn, ragged and not exceptionally clean. It is not a good value when you compare the cost to the quality. Next time I will pay a little more and be much more comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have stayed in a lot of cheap motels that are usually a bit worn, very simple, and sometimes not sparkling clean. Pretty much what you would expect for the inexpensive rate really. However, this one was way beyond all that it was one of the worst ones I`ve stayed in. I was traveling with my husband and in-laws. We had two rooms and both were badly rundown. The flooring was ripped and coming up in places. Everything was worn and thread-bare. The heater in our room didn`t work at all and the one in our in-laws was not very effective. The sheets didn`t look clean, but under closer examination it looked like they were really just so thread-bare you could see the dirty mattress under them (I`m really hoping that was the case). There was no room cleaning service. When we inquired about it, the man at the front desk said we could get fresh towels if we wanted from the cart in the office. I think the only thing this place was missing to complete the dirty, rundown, wreck that it is, is some cockroaches. Who knows, maybe they were there and I was just lucky not to see them. It wouldn`t surprise me.

Room Tip: Don`t get a room here. Look somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here in the past this is the first time I have been back in 2 yrs and it was a great experience. The woman at the desk was very nice and helpful, although when we walked in there was a young guy on the computer with headphones on doing something and he kept interrupting the woman who was trying to give us directions for a place to eat
We were trying to listen to her as he had to put his opinion in thought that was rude but other than that I can not complain. The room was very clean and when we called for extra towels a nice older man brought them to us. It is very close to everything and a great value. Will defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I do not understand how anyone could give this place a 4 or 5 rating. In my room, the carpet was very raged, the furniture was heavily worn and broken, no tv remote and the bathroom mirror was broken. The only positive is the location which is nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to San Juan Motel? Share your experiences!