““Decent place to stay to be close to Ferry.”” 3 of 5 stars

Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn
5316 Ferry Terminal Road, Anacortes, WA   |
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Anacortes
Seattle, Washington
““Decent place to stay to be close to Ferry.””
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I checked in very late - around 10:30pm. Lady who checked me in was friendly and efficient.

The Good: rate was only $165 and included: cable tv, free internet, private jacuzzi tub, great views & comp. breakfast in the morning.

Opportunities for improvement: The room could have been cleaned better. There were spider webs and dead mosquito hawks in the jacuzzi area; I was on the lower floor and I think being so close to the water caused humidity to be in the air. The air and the surface of everything felt kind of damp.. not sure how they would fix this problem but it should be looked into.

Overall I wont say I wouldn't stay here again, but I would try out other places in Anacortes & Friday Harbor first.

Room Tip: Get the Jacuzzi; it's worth the extra few $$ - also request 2nd floor; hopefully that will help...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Sun City West, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here twice in early September. On our first stay, we stayed in a king balcony on main level. This was a spacious nicely decorated room with expansive view of water and some islands. It was convenient to our car and easy to move into room. Breakfast was quite nice with waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt and more. I especially appreciated the location because I was told we needed to be in line 90 minutes early for ferry to Sidney. The gentleman at desk looked out the window said to relax and enjoy our breakfast because there only 6 cars in line.

We stayed again later in the week on our return from Sidney. Because we were arriving late, I booked a less expensive room - a double queen downstairs.The upstairs is nicer because you don't have to lug your bags up half a flight of stairs. The décor was a little older, but the room was fine. It also had an incredible view of the Sound. Rooms were very clean and staff was very helpful. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our stay at the Inn was less than seven hours, but only because we arrived late and had to leave early the next morning to catch the ferry to Sidney. Overall, it served our needs well and is extremely convenient to the ferry. I called the hotel ahead of time to let them know we'd be arriving late since our flight into Seattle was behind schedule. The hotel informed me how to retrieve my key and said I could call when I got there if I had any trouble. It was nice to have an additional sink and mirror outside the decent-sized bathroom so that more than one person could get ready at a time.

It is a no frills but clean hotel. Our room was "very small" with 2 queen beds, but they were comfortable. I don't know if all the rooms are this small, but now I understand why they couldn't accommodate our request for a rollaway. (Apparently, it's a fire hazard.) We did bring a twin air mattress which barely fit, but we had no choice since there were five of us. I should mention that I booked at the last minute to be close to the ferry, so we didn't have any room choice. The breakfast was adequate, with make-your-own waffles, bagels, muffins, donuts and fruit, though they could definitely buy larger cups for the coffee, tea and juice. The front desk clerk was friendly.

The instructions we got from the front desk "for the ferry" were a little confusing. The front desk told us that one person should bring the car down to the ferry 2 hours before our scheduled departure time, then walk back (short walk) and have breakfast before we all went down together. However, my husband was (politely) turned away when he did tried this because we all had to be in the car, but was told not to rush since he had plenty of time. (I did let the front desk know this, so they could amend their instructions.) So he came back, we all had breakfast, then drove back down the hill to the ferry and had plenty of time. (Note: Remember to bring your passport since there was a gentleman at breakfast who forgot his and was in a panic.)

Overall, we had a very short but pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a reservation in cascade mountains and had to cancel due to a slide, drove three hours back down the mountain with no where to go! We decided to go to the water since the mountain was out. When we arrives after being in the car for 7+ hours we were welcomed, without a reservation and givin the online discount. Such a beautiful room and view we decided to stay for two nights. The rooms and bathrooms were clean the beds are sooo comfy. I would recommend this place in a heart beat and I hope to come back again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2 room suite, we are three adult women,lots of room. The view looks out over the wa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My Mom and I stayed at this hotel one night - before getting on the ferry that is literally down the road in walking distance. When we arrived, we were greeted with very nice staff and though wine hour was over - we were given a glass to relax and settle in. There are Adirondack chairs sprinkled throughout the lawn for guest use. We set our chairs towards the water and enjoyed the wine in our glass and sun in our face as it was setting.

The owners were at the property and were doing some repairs/upgrades on a few of the buildings and we chatted with them. What a gem this place was to find. We highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor. Your room will open right out to the lawn!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Washougal, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

After a long day of bike touring and several ferry rides, I arrived late in Anacortes during light rain and planned on heading over to the state park for a night of camping, but decided to stop here instead with no reservations or a previous visit. I was greeted by a friendly staff that was also very accommodating of my situation (having a bicycle I was uneasy about leaving outside). The room was clean and the bed was very comfy - I slept very well. I woke in the morning to a wonderful view of the ferry terminal and water below and stayed in the room until the 11AM departure time watching the morning ferries from the back porch as I planned my day. Breakfast was basic, but filling and good - waffles, muffins, bagles, toast, coffee, etc. The next trip I plan out or in of Anacortes, I'll likely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We chose the Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn because of the Double Queen, Two Rooms option. We have a 10 month old, and this arrangement allowed us to put her to bed while we could stay in the other room and enjoy the amazing views!

The staff at the Ship Harbor Inn were fantastic and our check-in was a breeze. They even brought the travel crib to our room right after we had checked in and offered to help with the set-up (we didn't need it as it was a Graco travel crib and we have one ourselves). Not having to bring a crib was a huge help as it was one less thing to lug around.

Breakfast was fantastic - the waffles are FANTASTIC! There was also a very nice selection of baked muffins and breads, fruit, cereals, fruit juices and coffee. It was the perfect, non-fussy way to start our day.

While this property is a bit out of the way, Downtown Anacortes really isn't very far (maybe a five minute drive). Plus, the peace and quiet combined with the stunning views makes it all worth it. They were in the middle of some renovations when we stayed so once they're complete the new lobby area is going to be great.

We were only able to stay one night this trip, but look forward to returning again soon. We highly recommend the Ship Harbor Inn!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!