From the outside, the Inn looks fairly nondescript-- but nothing could be farther from the truth! The view alone [from pretty much anywhere on the property] makes the place a great choice compared with other lodging choices closer in to the downtown area-- the 'in town' options might be closer to the grocery store and the many drive-thru coffee huts but they can't boast the views of the channel, the ferries coming and going, and the eagles perched atop the trees lining the San Juan Islands. Besides, town is only a scant three miles away and the coffee at the Inn is more than adequate for shaking loose those cobwebs after a restful night on the Inn's amazingly comfortable beds [we had stayed a couple of nights in Seattle at a well-known place and there was NO comparison!]. In chatting with the owner and her team over breakfast one morning during our stay [a nice Belgian waffle-laced breakfast in a quiet, well-lit room that again leveraged the view and never felt crowded as so many continental breakfast areas do with other guests clamoring for a 4th bagel or poppy-seed muffin] we learned there's a major renovation and facelift going on this Spring (2013) to give the Inn a little more curb appeal so folks on their route to the ferry terminal will notice it more. The facelift will be primarily cosmetic-- the rooms have already been extensively renovated and are spacious, clean, well-appointed, and oriented around maximizing the views. Ours had a Whirlpool tub large enough for two in an alcove lined with plush towels, bathing supplies, and, of course, wine glasses! The plan is to make the Inn more of a destination for groups-- especially weddings and family reunions-- where being someplace beautiful adds great memories to the experience. We visit Anacortes annually to see family and friends in the area-- next time we'll bring the dogs now that we've found a terrific pet-friendly Inn that doesn't have street traffic and an ice machine as its primary guest features!
- Also Known As:
- Anacortes Ship Harbor Hotel
- Anacortes Ship Harbor Hotel Anacortes
- Ship Harbor Hotel
- Ship Harbor Anacortes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn is built on a wooded hillside amidst towering cedars and mature firs, insulating it from the hustle and bustle of the outside world. Located 2/3 mile from the San Juan Ferry and a locally owned restaurant known for its atmosphere and great food. Hop in the car and you are just minutes away from Old Town Anacortes where you will enjoy a unique shopping opportunity, as well as several other favorite restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.