“Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Yakima, Washington
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We usually stay right in Anacortes, but there was no room. Our next choice was the Fidalgo Country Inn.
Though showing a little wear, the room was clean and quiet. The desk staff made the stay wonderful. They were accommodating, pleasant, and informed about the area.
Breakfast was good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed in the King Suite again! My Sisters and I love staying here on our annual trip to the Tulip Festival. This year we stayed in a different Kings Suite--which we liked even better because of the layout of room(228)! Loved the garden Tub, the balcony, big comfortable bed! I recommend this hotel and the King Suites for a romantic get away for couples! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here. It is very clean, good beds and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Not to mention the reasonable rates. The new owners had just arrived on our first stay. They have done a lot of work in a short time. Close to La Connor and the tulips , Anacortes, and a nice casino. Just wish the breakfast was available a little later. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Spent the night here...very pleasant surprise,clean rooms,comfortable beds,continental breakfast in am,friendly front desk personnel. Great value for the money. Did not have reservations but would definately suggest them in the summer months

Room Tip: No view rooms but all seem to be clean and comfortable
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Anacortes, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed here a couple of years ago and it would have received a 3 rating from me then. Big sign says "new management", hoping they were making improvements so it would be a four or five. I stayed here one night about a week ago. Arrived kinda late, went straight to bed. At 5am someone with a key, that worked, tried to get into my room. Luckily I had the little flip thingy locked. Of course after such a rude awakening, I was up, too early, but when I checked out the girl at the desk apologized and said her records didnt show anyone in that room AND she seemed genuinely apologetic. Forgiven. I wasnt happy but didnt leave a review on the intent of giving them another opportunity. The rooms are spacious even with a king bed. The rooms have no odors, like perfumes covering pets or smoke and no funky moldy smell like a lot of places in the Pacific Northwest so thats a plus. Beds are super comfy and furnishings are relatively update. HOWEVER. I got in late, once again, flipped on light in bathroom and there was a hair on the toilet seat and the blue cleaning solution had obviously been sprayed under the rim and then left. There were dried rivulets demonstrating a brush had never hit the bowl and with the additional hair I wondered if the seat had been sanitized. I wiped the seat off myself, used it and went to bed. Slept well and slept in. I went to brush my teeth and noticed the sink outside the bathroom (there are two sinks in this particular room) was full of hair (see pics). They were black, I'm red and hadnt been near this sink. Decided to use the sink in the bathroom and there is dried toothpaste on it. Now I have to wonder if my sheets were changed and when I opened the fridge I wondered how many other dirty hands having done no telling what had handled this fridge door without washing and if they arent adequately cleaning the toilet theres no way its crossing their mind to sanitize hand contact surfaces that arent readily in their face. Ironically I had counted out some of my change to leave about a $3.47 tip for the housekeeping when I first got up (unloading my bag for an upcoming flight) that all went back in my bag. If you dont mind staying in a comfy bed that may be dirty, feel free to stay here. I spend 30-60 nights per year here in anacortes and I'll spend a little extra to get a place where I get an overall sense of cleanliness. I wont be back to the Fidalgo Country Inn but hope they use this information to improve their housekeeping staff or their abilities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bob D, Manager at Fidalgo Country Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for business and we are very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our housekeeping. We strive to do our best that everyone is satisfied and comfortable during the
entire duration of your stay. However during your week long stay with us you had the DO NOT DISTURB sign on your door, our policy is that when our guests have pets in their rooms and have
the do not disturb sign up we will not enter your room for any reason what so ever. We would love
for you to return to our hotel in the near future!
Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have recently returned from a business trip and stayed at the Fidalgo Country Inn for a couple of nights. The rooms were spacious and clean but what really was outstanding was the customer service I received. All the staff were polite, helpful and courteous, I had the pleasure of meeting the owner, Bob, whom was a hilarious and generous character to say the least! I would not hesitate to recommend this Country Inn to anyone whom will be visiting Anacortes. The staff will go out of their way to make sure you have an enjoyable and pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Everett
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

HORRIBLE IN EVERY WAY! DO NOT GO HERE! My husband and I stayed here for a week in September of 2013 while our boat was being serviced in Anacortes.

First of all it was very hot so we called and ask if the air conditioning was good. We were assured that it worked great. We get there and the A/C was so old that all it would do was barely blow warm air. First night, very uncomfortable. Not to mention the quote" new bed" they said they put in recently, that was so old that the springs were poking our backs all night. We had to take the comforter off and put it under the sheets for some cushioning. Which didn't help. And the bathroom faucet that broke off when I turned it on. Which we ignored.

Second day...asked the front desk girl to come take a look at the A/C because it was broken. She came over, looked at it, fiddled with it a bit, talked down to us and laughed saying it worked just fine. We were annoyed to say the least. Later that evening when a man took over the front desk we asked him if he could fix the A/C. He came to check it out, said it was indeed broken and replaced it with a new A/C Unit. Finally we had some relief. The new one worked well. He told us that the day girl doesn't like to be cold so the A/C was fine for her. Terrible customer service on her part.

Our poor dog got terrible fleas from the carpet, and she chewed some grass on their little patch of grass by the parking lot, and apparently it had some toxic chemicals on it which made her violently ill for the entire week. King bed was HORRIBLE and old. The room stunk like carpet chemicals or something. Which might be what made my dog sick. Okay...we stuck it out for the week, went home to Everett vowing to never stay there again.

Then we got bill from them for two hundred more than it should have been. We called them to see if they made a mistake. NOPE! They had the crust to accuse us of stealing one of their disgusting flea infested bedspreads! Apparently the housekeeping is so horrible, they didn't even change the sheets after we left! If they had, they would have found the bedspread. Disgusting! They then refused to credit us for their mistake or apologize for it. And the owners/managers refused to credit us the extra charges and that we would have to take it up with our credit card company! Which we promptly did! Unbelievable! Also it's at the intersection of two highways that are busy 24/7 so it's noisy.

Big mistake Fidalgo Country Inn. HUGE. We will be letting all our boating friends & family know how we were treated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bob D, Manager at Fidalgo Country Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
To all future guests, this review is a result of a disgruntled guest who was charged for destroying
hotel property! please refer to other reviews of our Inn since we took over late june of 2012.
thanks for everyones business!

Been to Fidalgo Country Inn? Share your experiences!