“Outstanding Value and Customer Service in Anacortes, WA” 5 of 5 stars

Anaco Bay Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   916 33rd Street, Anacortes, WA 98221   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Friday Harbor, Washington
“Outstanding Value and Customer Service in Anacortes, WA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Scene: Left Albuquerque by air on a Tuesday at 7:00am flew to Seattle, Took shuttle from Seattle to the Anacortes ferry landing arriving at 8:30pm only to find the last ferry for the day just leaving.

After making a few calls, explaining my situation and finding room rates outrageously high, I stumbled upon the Anaco Bay Inn. I got manager Kim on the telephone, again explained my situation and she was awesome. She totally went out of her way to not only get us two rooms (two because I stumbled upon another lost soul at the ferry terminal) but to give us a reduced price and even the number for a cab we could call.

Upon arrival she was ready for us making the check-in process quick and painless. We were planning to take a 6:00am ferry the next morning and Kim was gracious enough to call for a Taxi to be waiting for us the next morning and up to our rooms we went.

Upon opening my door I found a very clean, totally smoke and odor-free, spacious and comfortably furnished room that was far beyond my "Cranky Traveler" expectations. The bed was comfortable, the room silent and I got the best night's sleep in a week.

Upon departure Kim and her co-manager Charles made sure to ask how our accommodations were, the Taxi waiting outside. They bis us farewell.

Now, I do not normally take the time to write reviews but Kim and Charles and all involved with the Anaco Bay Inn really went out of the way with showing small-town care and concern for, not only its regular customers, but for stranded folks like myself. I have lived in the area for 25 years and stumbled upon this gem of an Inn. I LOVE these people!

Anytime in the future whenever I need a room in Anacortes I know where I'm staying.... the Anaco Bay Inn (not to be confused by the "other" Anaco lodging in town. Incredible people, incredible value.

Room Tip: Just ask Kim or Charles. They'll honestly tell you what the best remaining rooms are.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
AnacoBayInn, Manager at Anaco Bay Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thankyou Dave writing a best reviews. Good to hear that your stay is very enjoyable. our staff is always here to help . our inn is located on quite place and our all rooms are smoke free and comfortable beds.Love to seeing you again on your next visit.

thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Charlottesville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Dear Hubby and I spent a few days here recently. I should begin this review with a caveat...there do not appear to be any "nice" hotels in Anacortes - period. Perhaps the Majestic Inn can rank as a nice hotel, but beyond that...good luck finding anything that smacks of luxury in Anacortes...which is a shame 'cause its a beautiful town and definitely worthy of a seeing.

We had a room with two queen size beds and a small kitchenette. It was a large room, but it was dirty. I made the mistake of looking under the bed for something and the dust/dirt was disgusting. The mattresses were old, saggy and uncomfortable. The decor was grandma's cottage 1975 - and I don't mean just the look. I'm certain the bedspreads were purchased in the mid-70s - they were that old and hideous. The bedskirt hung off the bottom mattress and was tattered. I'm always surprised that hotels don't simply invest in modern bedding. It seems like such an easy fix that can make a room look light years better. We also found considerable mold on the inner lining of the shower curtain. I found neither the front desk staff nor the housekeeping people to be particularly friendly. They weren't rude per se, but I'm used to at least being greeted with a smile and/or good morning by hotel staff on a daily basis and didn't receive any of that. There is no elevator nor bellman to help with luggage if you're on the second floor. Fortunately my husband is strong and handled the bags. Because we had two queen beds, we didn't have a sofa. It made lounging in the room very uncomfortable.

Here are the good things: The hotel was remarkably quiet. I believe they were fairly full and we never heard any other guests. A nice touch was the make-up remover packet they left in the bathroom. It helps protect their sheets and towels and I appreciated it because I had forgotten my make up remover at home. We were in the main building and we had no problem getting internet connection. I've read other reviews which indicate there was some issue, but we didn't experience a problem at all.

Don't expect a great hotel experience if you stay here. It's a place to put your head at night and take a shower....that's it.

Room Tip: If internet is important, stay in main building. If you've got heavy luggage and little muscles...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our room was large and very clean. We had the Honeymoon Suite with a large jetted tub in the room which was hugely appreciated by this pair of rainy day motorcyclists. There was a set dining table which, though we did not need it, was a lovely touch. The bed was comfortable, the breakfast was adequate and included freshly homemade coffee cake. We walked to town and back but it would be a long walk if you aren't used to walking. The staff were nice and seemed caring. The decor was dated (Think Martha Stewart circa 1994) but I thought it was sweet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AnacoBayInn, Manager at Anaco Bay Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thankyou penny for best review. our honeymoon with jeted tub are very touchy with comfortable beds. Good to here that you enjoy our fresh breakfast. see you again on your next visit to anacortes wa

thankyou
Dallas TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our room was a very nice size, with a kitchenette, fireplace and TV. The bed was very comfortable and each room has individual temperature control. There is no elevator and we had to stay upstairs, which was no problem except when we had to manage luggage. I can't say much for the breakfast here. There were very limited choices - mainly bagels and toast, so we went elsewhere for breakfast a couple of times. We felt that this place was a very good value, since the price was reasonable, the location was good and the rooms were dated, but nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
AnacoBayInn, Manager at Anaco Bay Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thankyou for great review.Good to here that you enjoy our comfortable bed room with fireplace. our rate are very reasonable.love to seeing you again on your next visit.

Thankyou.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I went here on a trip with my wife and son. The rooms were clean and room had a good view of the water.

It was a great view for the price we paid and the hot tub was awesome.

Wish the Internet had a better signal, but was great otherwise.

• Stayed December 2012
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this Hotel. We have stayed here several times each year for family events. The staff has always been so accomodating and helpful. The rooms are large and comfortable. Prices are very reasonable, and with free continental breakfast, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AnacoBayInn, Manager at Anaco Bay Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thankyou hannah taking a time to write a best review. Glad to here that every year you enjoy stay at Anaco bay inn for family union. Our staff work very hard to take care of our guests. Thankyou again.

manager
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Internet, not available in your room with Apple computers. Must go to lobby. Staff at front desk very combative when asking about no internet in room, her reply, "Nothing I can fix, sorry." The fact that the previous guest is responsible for cleaning dishes is a bit dicey. Couldn't find dishes and discovered they were left in the dishwasher. Cigarette butts in kitchen and living room of non smoking villa. When I told the front desk lady, her reply was, "There was no housekeeping yesterday." When I tried to tell the front desk the uncleanliness issues, she put up a sign that the front desk was closed and walked away. She told me if I had a problem with the cleanliness, that I just shouldn't come back. See photos.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AnacoBayInn, Manager at Anaco Bay Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thankyou for staying with us .Day you stay all room have no internet issue with other quest. we find out that your laptop is broken. Frontdesk notify that middle of night your kids noises all over . and riped our sofa and broken dishes.Our house keeper came everyday if there is sign DO NOT DISTURB as you have . we don't go inside for make up. All picture show by sarah is setup. we have nosmoking policy at all. upon check in you ask question regarding a pet policy that if i lie to you .How you will find out . sorry to here that your son lose the game thats why you are upset and taking on our frontdesk employee.

Been to Anaco Bay Inn? Share your experiences!