“totally awsome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Anacortes
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“totally awsome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Having just cancelled our holiday for the year (health reasons) we received our complimentary 2 nights free coupons. So instead of a 3 month holiday we decided to go to the Swinomish Lodge for the 2 night free stay. Upon arriving at the Lodge we spoke to Sajii, who upgraded us to the suite on the top floor. What a wonderful experience......deep Jacuzzi soaker tub, huge double headed shower, tv in each room, bedroom and living room....balcony. Totally unexpected to the rooms we have stayed in before, which were in my opinion quite wonderful in themselves. All having large showers and nice large rooms. Staff was very helpful in all areas.
Bill and Donna Hardie

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Bremerton, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I am a cancer survivor, and currently undergoing chemo. I stayed with Swinomish Casino and Lodge.
The 4th weekend of September, my friends and I stayed at this hotel, AND went to two concerts, Hells Belles, and Whiskey River.
Upon entering the venue, my friend asked for a chair, after seeing none in the room.
She was told NO, not once, but THREE times by TWO people. One, actually announced herself as the supervisor.
She then was able to get someone to help her. There were others who were also walking with canes, in the room, with no place to sit.
An employee then came over and asked them all to stand, and REMOVED CHAIRS from these disabled individuals.
This type of customer service should NOT go unnoted.
The Casino should be very ashamed of the way their employees handled these individuals.
I, for one, will tell as many people, as possible of the poor treatment.
If you do not want to serve the disabled, then perhaps you should post it, so that customers can go elsewhere, rather than be embarrassed and humiliated, at having to repeatedly request something as simple as a CHAIR to sit down upon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas W, General Manager at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your review and let me first extend my apologies for your experience. We hosted these two shows and made them free to the public during Oyster Run weekend. Oyster Run weekend brings thousands of travelers to the area and we were expecting a very large turnout, so the concert room was set up with no seating to accommodate this volume. I myself was present at the shows when the request for chairs began to come in, for the safety of all involved, chairs were indeed provided to all who requested, disabled and or medical condition or not, and set up along the perimeter of the event space. To my knowledge these guest who were indeed accommodated were not asked to then relinquish their chairs and forced to stand, but to move to a safer location as the room begin to fill. Any suggestion that we do not want to serve the disabled or those afflicted with a medical condition is simply false. We are incredibly active in our community and for the past 3 years have been the presenting sponsor for the annual Anacortes Relay for Life, an event that celebrates those who have survived cancer, remembers those we’ve lost, and inspires those to continue to fight. Please contact me directly; I would love to have you as our guest at next year’s Relay for Life event. Thank you again for your comments and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
Dallas Widmark
Lodge General Manager
Puyallup, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We decided to spend a night in Anacortis the night before caught the morning ferry to Orcas island. Prices are high in this town and having stayed at the Cap Sante Inn our last visit we were looking for something a little nicer without emptying our wallet completely. I read the reviews on the Swinomish Lodge and decided to book there. It is located on the water and a few miles (maybe 5?) before you get to Anacortis so if you want to walk around town you will have to drive there from this hotel.

We booked a deluxe king with a walk out balcony and water views. Our first impression upon arriving and walking into the lobby was great. Very clean, high open ceilings, nicely decorated with a modern native American theme. We were greeted at the desk with smiles and checked in with ease.

Our room was on the 5th floor. We were very pleased with the room, it's decor, the cleanliness and the modern fixtures and amenities. It had a really nice bathroom with a huge tiled shower and rain shower head and big fluffy towels. There were great views of the water and Mt Baker from the balcony. And even better, the room rate wasn't bad at all for this nice room.
There is a small RV park that is part of the property right below by the water but it's no big deal and did not spoil our impression of the setting. There is also a small gas station store in the same parking lot in case you want snacks, cigs or alcohol.

We did not really utilize the casino much and maybe put $10 in the machines. It was also very clean but it was pretty smokey for me as a non smoker. They have a no smoking section but as far as we knew you have to walk through the smoking section to get to it or go outside and enter another doorway.

We drove into town for dinner.The Thirteen Moons Restaurant seemed quite nice yet a bit pricey and we were hungry for Mexican food which was not on their menu. We did however eat in the cafe for breakfast and enjoyed the service, menu and waitstaff.

We are really happy that we chose this establishment for our stay and if we return to this town we would stay here again.

Room Tip: 5th floor balcony rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Anacortes, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We didn't stay at the Lodge. We live in Anacortes and heard the Chef at the Lodge's restaurant, The Thirteen Moons, was creating good food. We checked it out. We parked by the Lodge and entered it's well-decorated large lobby and not through the casino, but you could as the buildings are attached. The Thirteen Moons is on the second floor with a cocktail lounge alongside. The decor is modern with dark wood on the ceilings, walls, and tables. The view through enormous windows overlooks Padilla Bay. A large patio with a crackling fire burned in the stone fireplace. This spot would be perfect on a sunny day for happy hour. The restaurant offered a good wine selection. I enjoyed grilled salmon cooked exactly like I like it, moist, accompanied by an excellent Caesar salad, and homemade vanilla ice cream finished the meal. The staff was friendly and upbeat. The restaurant opens at 4 PM and serves dinner. We definitely will come back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Again the Swinomish casino & lodge surpassed our expectations. Upon arriving we were greeted with big smiles & hellos. Upon check-in we were told we would be on the fifth floor and to our surprise when we got to our room we had been given a complimentary upgrade to the water side with a deck. Nice to see that most of the rooms now have decks even had my coffee outside one morning. Since my last review there are now glasses for my wine, a fridge to keep our goodies in. The washrooms now have three hooks for towels etc. love the large shower room to move around in. Still am waiting for a make-up mirror a minor thing, but must say over all we enjoyed our three day stay. This trip I had booked in with Mandi so one evening I noticed a couple of strange faces so asked if one of the gals was Mandi. She had a very friendly welcome when I told her who I was and asked if I was happy with my room as she had decided to upgrade us. I told her our whole experience this trip was excellent from the restaurant staff to the gals in the bar, cashiers & players card reception. Looking forward to another trip soon please keep the promotions coming.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
White Rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were looking for a long weekend golf getaway in northwest WA. With many places already booked, I noticed the Swinomish on the internet. Staying there for 3 nights, everything was superb. The room was clean and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable and the shower excellent. All of the staff were friendly, prompt and helpful. Their restaurant, 13 Moons, had well prepared meals and reasonable prices. The staff in the restaurant were also friendly.

It would have been nice if the 13 Moons had been open on Monday since the other restaurant is more leisurely and the sports bar is in the casino with excessive smoke.

I would have no hesitation staying there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our first time here and it was super. Staff are all extremely helpful and friendly, from the hotel staff to the casino. Our king room was amazing and had wonderful views of the ocean, river and estuary. Its a great location to town of Anacortes, La Connor and of course the outlet malls . The food in the 13Moons was excellent and I would recommend it. The only draw back is the train from the oil refinery which seems to go by around midnight. It does go slowly and thankfully does not blow its horn to cross the river. Its quieter than most trains. The RV park is right beside the tracks and they stayed for the 5 days we were there. So that tells you how quiet it is. If you love the ocean, trains and shopping, this place is for you. We will be back for sure. We will definitely come here again.

Room Tip: The king rooms on the ocean side are gorgeous. The bath rooms have an amazing with a Jacuzzi bath...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Swinomish Casino & Lodge? Share your experiences!