“Wonderful quick getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Redmond
“Wonderful quick getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This property is lovely, new and fresh and well priced (I had a bay view for $69 / night. Would have liked to try the fancy restaurant but we were in on Monday night and they were closed. It was our anniversary and we were pleasantly surprised to find a note on our bed, wishing us a nice stay. They were able to provide us with a wine opener and nice wine glasses so we could celebrate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Humansdorp, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stopped here for a night on our way to Seattle for a cruise and enjoyed our stay.Nice room,nice outdoor terrace and the food in the restaurant was good.They have RV Parking on the riverside of the hotel and offcause the Casino.Hubby won a small jackpot in the casino and they insisted on deducting tax even though we as South Africans and not liable for tax.This led to some argument as they did not seem to understand their own forms, which they made my husband fill in, where it clearly states that foreigners are exempt from paying this tax! There is nothing near the hotel,so one requires a car to drive around the small towns and communities that surround the Puget Sound.Overall a nice stopover.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here on a quick overnight trip to Anacortes. Had a little trouble using the website and making the reservations, and getting through to the reservations desk. They were very busy, and seemed understaffed, also experienced the same upon arrival. However due to the last minute planning on my part was I lucky to get a room. Room was nice and very clean, and laid out well. My only complaint is noise and vibration level if you are staying on the end closest to the casino. I tried to get this switched on arrival, but they were booked. The noise was not from the casino itself but the air handlers etc that are on that end. It seemed to quiet down some as it got later. But a light sleeper such as myself might have problems with this without earplugs.

Room Tip: Reserve early and ask for a room away from casino end.
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We booked in here in early September for two nights. We got a complimentary upgrade to the Oceanside king room with a small but serviceable balcony (thanks). The view was great and I love sitting out in the early morning enjoying a cup of coffee. :-)

All staff, from check in to housekeeping, gift shop, casino staff etc we're friendly and helpful. The room was very nice with a walk-in shower. As we use a Keurig at home, appreciated having one here as well.

Why a four star and not five? Well, the hotel is divided from the smoking casino but the stale smoke is still present on the ground floor lobby. As well, would like a bath tub to soak in as well as shower.

But be proud of your staff. They are what shines for me!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean side room on a higher floor:-). The balcony was great, but then we didn't pay...
Larkspur, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived, I was told my reservation - that had been made in April - had been cancelled. We had driven from California - so not great news. The front desk clerk was far from helpful so I asked to speak to the manager. She was nice and apologized and seid they would squeeze us in but by that time we had found the majestic hotel downtown ( which was great) when I was canceling my dinner reservation though, she did offer me a restaurant credit for my inconvenience. We had a nice dinner. Which would have been quite pricey otherwise. I would probably try again to stay there if the majestic was full

• Stayed September 2013
Benton City, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We was on a road trip to ????? for our 35th. wedding anniversary and one of our stops was at Swinomish Casino and Lodge. See we did not take our G.P.S, and just brought a road map, and my wife would close her eyes and that is were we went. I know to some people that sounds kind of dumb, But it worked for us. I look up the phone number and gave them a call, They said they had some room available so we got one, While I was on the phone to them I mention that we were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary, When we went to check end we was told that they had no regular room's. And with a smile on the front desk manager face she said " We have a lot of regular room but for someone who is celebrating 35 year's of marriage there was only one room for us and it was the Bayside suit and at no ether cost to us. And the surprise kept on coming. When we got into our room there was a personnel card from the staff wishing us 35 wonderful year of marriage. We got a free $50.00 dinning card. The room was so awesome, clean, and really big it had a big flat screen t.v,. a microwave, and mini frag. The Casino was clean and had every game a person would want in a Casino. The food was some of the best I had while we were on our road trip. If you are ever in the area stop by and be pamper by there gest services. The bed was great. you pick how firm of bed you want and the hotel staff will try and make you happy. Only one other bed we slept on was more comfortable and that was the hotel we stayed at the night before. Would I stay again ? YOU BET I WOULD. We are all ready planning our 36th wedding anniversary for next year, and this is on our list of returning hotel. Like most people our age we did not have a lot of money, and you know what it did not take a lot of money to stay there. One more thing I might mention the hotel was the only second places were the hotel and casino staff would look you in the face and had a true smile on there face, and some of them would even call you by your name.

Room Tip: Good value - Good time - Good food.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The rooms and staff at the Swinomish are top notch. It has been a while since I've had to worry about cigarette smoke, but since this is on tribal land, smoking is allowed in the casino, so the smell permeates all the way to the lobby. The rooms were so nice that I'd probably stay again, but I will be prepared. Also, a pool is conspicuously missing.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Swinomish Casino & Lodge? Share your experiences!