“Never got in” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Larkspur, California
“Never got in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived, I was told my reservation - that had been made in April - had been cancelled. We had driven from California - so not great news. The front desk clerk was far from helpful so I asked to speak to the manager. She was nice and apologized and seid they would squeeze us in but by that time we had found the majestic hotel downtown ( which was great) when I was canceling my dinner reservation though, she did offer me a restaurant credit for my inconvenience. We had a nice dinner. Which would have been quite pricey otherwise. I would probably try again to stay there if the majestic was full

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Benton City, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We was on a road trip to ????? for our 35th. wedding anniversary and one of our stops was at Swinomish Casino and Lodge. See we did not take our G.P.S, and just brought a road map, and my wife would close her eyes and that is were we went. I know to some people that sounds kind of dumb, But it worked for us. I look up the phone number and gave them a call, They said they had some room available so we got one, While I was on the phone to them I mention that we were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary, When we went to check end we was told that they had no regular room's. And with a smile on the front desk manager face she said " We have a lot of regular room but for someone who is celebrating 35 year's of marriage there was only one room for us and it was the Bayside suit and at no ether cost to us. And the surprise kept on coming. When we got into our room there was a personnel card from the staff wishing us 35 wonderful year of marriage. We got a free $50.00 dinning card. The room was so awesome, clean, and really big it had a big flat screen t.v,. a microwave, and mini frag. The Casino was clean and had every game a person would want in a Casino. The food was some of the best I had while we were on our road trip. If you are ever in the area stop by and be pamper by there gest services. The bed was great. you pick how firm of bed you want and the hotel staff will try and make you happy. Only one other bed we slept on was more comfortable and that was the hotel we stayed at the night before. Would I stay again ? YOU BET I WOULD. We are all ready planning our 36th wedding anniversary for next year, and this is on our list of returning hotel. Like most people our age we did not have a lot of money, and you know what it did not take a lot of money to stay there. One more thing I might mention the hotel was the only second places were the hotel and casino staff would look you in the face and had a true smile on there face, and some of them would even call you by your name.

Room Tip: Good value - Good time - Good food.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The rooms and staff at the Swinomish are top notch. It has been a while since I've had to worry about cigarette smoke, but since this is on tribal land, smoking is allowed in the casino, so the smell permeates all the way to the lobby. The rooms were so nice that I'd probably stay again, but I will be prepared. Also, a pool is conspicuously missing.

• Stayed August 2013
Eastsound, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family and I live on Orcas Island. My wife was 4 days past due and we needed to stay in Anacortes near the hospital to be ready. We booked a basic room at the casino for one night under the AAA rate. We wanted 2 nights but they were sold out after the first. Upon check in we were told of a free upgrade to a suite. Thank you . Beautiful bathroom with jetted tub and view of the water. The bed was great also. Good coffee in the room. I asked to be put on list in case anybody canceled so we could stay another night as well even of we had to move rooms or pay more. The next morning I went down to check out and was told we could stay in the same room at the same rate and the staff hoped my very pregnant wife was comfortable. Thank you! The baby was born that day and we enjoyed the room again that night before heading home. Thank you to a GREAT staff for going above and beyond. Thanks again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Yachats, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the lodge for four nights. The rooms were new, clean and quiet. We had a great view of the bay. We really enjoyed the fact that we could open the floor to ceiling windows. Didn't really need a balcony. The front desk staff needs a lot more training in what was in the area. They had no idea about highways, distances or travel times to local areas, including the travel time and directions to the ferry. The buffet was the worst! But the bar food, upstairs during happy hour was great. The breakfast in the café was also good. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Any room facing the bay would be the best.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Wish we had more time than just one night! We paid for a balcony king and it was a beautiful room with a great view. The room was exceptional clean and quiet and we were impressed with The heating and cooling system. We had the heat on all night and it had humidifier built in. Unusual in any hotel. We also ate an excellent meal at the 13 Moons restaurant. Highly recommend and was convenient for the ferry to Orcas Island the next day.

Room Tip: Ask for. Room on a high floor and pay a little extra for a balcony
Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

On a recent trip to the San Juans, we needed a hotel near Anacortes to stay for one night. We ended up at the Swinomish, which overlooks a less scenic part of the local waterways (I believe it overlooks the entry to the canal going down to La Conner). This is a modern property with comfortable beds. it's quiet. It's convenient to the highway. The price for the room was excellent. But unless you gamble (this is a casino), this is not a resort - no pool, etc. there's nothing to do on the property. It's nice and functional but not charming. There is an attached RV park that looked like a good one night stopover before you drive your RV on the ferry.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Swinomish Casino & Lodge? Share your experiences!