“amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Westminster, Canada
“amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

our room was clean well appointed and modern. The shower was a high point and the view was nice. The hotel restaurants are fabulous as was the live entertainment band out on the balcony for the weekend evening. The staff are incredible and make the hotel truly spectacular. This is pretty close to perfection our only recommendations are to include an indoor pool and more recycling bins. We ll be back for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to come try this hotel as our plans for my 30th birthday fell through when we both got sick for 10 days. We drove from enumclaw so about a two and a half hour drive and stopped at a few casinos on the way since check in isn't until 4. This was by far the better of all the casinos we stopped at yes it's small but not too busy to where there are no spots at the table games or all the good games are taken. The staff is very friendly everyone we passed said hello no matter who it was including the manager I believe that's who he was . Plus they have my favorite slot machine that no casino around me has! There are two things that were disappointing and one is no pool or hot tub and the other is the 13moons restaurant there isn't anything special about this place. The bartender bob was very friendly but our waitress was kind of rude and short with us and she was super slow we waited 35 mins for steamed clams which were an appetizer and decided not to order entrees because we didn't want to wait an hour for our food my water glass sat empty the whole time even when I asked her to refill it. So I'd say you're better off to go to the sports bar and have the club sandwich which is huge and delicious! We didn't eat at the buffet so I don't know how that is . The gentleman in the golf fitting studio is very nice as well! We plan on going back again but I wish we could have stayed longer the first time.

• Stayed September 2013
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I really enjoy our getaways to Swinomish. The staff have always been very friendly and have always made sure that our stay was enjoyable.
We mentioned to the girl at registration that we were celebrating our 8th Wedding anniversary, we had to wait a little while for our room and when we returned they had a card waiting for us. This was a little thing but it meant a lot to my husband and myself that they had taken the time to do this for us.
We try to get here at least once a month and it is really worth the drive from Chilliwack BC.
Thank you to all the staff in both the Lodge and the Casino.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Not bad for Anacortes. Decent rooms, ok restaurant, very close to the ferry. Very new building and the rooms were very clean and well appointed. Nice casino and two restaurants. The slots paid well and the dealers where very friendly. Great wine list and fairly reasonable. Breakfast was very good. No room service though.

Room Tip: Ask for a view room on the water side with balcony. Not all the rooms have a balcony and they are ve...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stopped here after five days of driving. The hotel and valet staff were incredibly friendly. They comped me $25 dollars for food as they had to downgrade me to an accessible room from my reserved standard king because the hotel was full. The room was still fantastic. Clean, comfortable, great bathroom, and fantastic views of the nearby bay (somewhat ruined by the RV park in the back of the hotel / casino).

It's a bit of a trot to get here from Seattle.

The casino is pretty small, has lots of smokers, and the buffet was definitely so/so.

I'd stay here again for the hotel, but wouldn't come for the gambling without breathing apparatus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side overlooking the water, the higher the better to remove the RV park f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Chilliwack, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Let me start by saying we actually stayed in the RV park behind it, but my sister and husband stayed one night in the lodge. We were all quite impressed with the inside of the lodge large check in area and lots of native art. Rather strong smell of smoke as it is attached to the casino, but once you get upstairs to the rooms no smell at all. The rooms were very spacious theirs overlooked the bay and rv park, lovely view. Good size balcony with a couple of chairs. The bathroom was huge with a very large walk in shower (no tub). Everything was sparkling clean and they said the beds were so comfy. We all ate at the 13 Moons and we were so lucky to get the spot prawns they were amazing like little mini lobsters. The rest of the meal was average. We have stayed here many times in the rv park before the lodge was built and we are certainly going to recommend the lodge to our friends and family

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just got home from a quick night away at the Swinomish Lodge. I have to say we were quite impressed with the room we had. We were on the 5th floor, on the side of the parking lot. We didn't mind not having a view, as we weren't really in our room much anyway. What a nice room! Everything was so clean, and top notch. Nice bed and sheets. Enjoyed the Keurig Brewer in the morning and having the small fridge at our disposal. Large bathroom, with a large walk-in shower. Everything was super clean, and as my husband would tell you, I am very picky! Had Breakfast in the cafe. We both had omelets and they were quite good. Everything went well with our stay. No problems. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Swinomish Casino & Lodge? Share your experiences!