“Awesome View” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12885 Casino Dr, Anacortes, WA 98221   |
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Anacortes
“Awesome View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised. The view was great, the rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. Good high quality bedding. The lobby, while coming in is very smokey smelling, but I asked for a room the farthest away from the smell and I couldn't smell it once on the elevators. We stayed during a week day and weekend. The weekdays were very quite, but Friday was pretty loud on the outside patio (below all the rooms facing the bay. Luckily, they all started leaving at around 10:00pm. Maybe the hotel asks them to leave because it is very noisy in your rooms. The glass on the sliding doors are very thick, but drinking people can get pretty loud. The room has wonderful Keurig pots and quality coffee. Modern room decor and plug-ins on the nice lamps for ipods, tablets, etc. I would most definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
kirkland, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have stayed several times here. We use our players card, so they send us 2 free nights frequently. The rooms are nice. Bayview rooms have floor to ceiling sliding glass window that opens all the way and some have balconies. This time we ended up with a balcony room. The room has a Keurig Coffee maker and also a good sized refrigerator. Bathroom is good sized, no tub just a shower.

The only downfall is the food options. My husband ordered from the deli and did not even eat the food it was so terrible. He ordered a blt and said it was the worst sandwhich he has ever had. The two girls working there also seemed like they weren't getting along and didn't know what they were doing. The only other food options are the buffet, sports deli, or The 13 moons. Really need better quality food options.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel, I made a mistake that time and didn't let them know I was wishing an early arrival. I am disabled and therefore I did not want to be waiting in the lobby for a check in time at 4:00 p.m. That first visit we were checked in around 2:00 p.m. which wasn't too bad of a wait. We come from Canada and we always clear customs early in the morning rather than line up for over two hours if you pick too late of a time to cross the border. This last stay I talked to Paula and requested an early arrival, she agreed to do her very best. She also asked would I need a disabled room I advised no. When we checked at the desk what time we could possibly have our room we were told to come back at noon, which we did. The girl at the desk at noon was not as friendly and kept saying check in is 4:00p.m. I tried to explain I requested an early arrival and I am disabled and would appreciate if she could check us in early, she informs us the rooms aren't clean yet and come back at 2:00 p.m.. My daughter and I decided to go to La Conner and have lunch we stalled there as much as we could but I was starting to get tired; we returned back to the hotel at 3:15 p.m., the girl now at the counter tells us our room wont be ready until 4:00 p.m. on the button. We all got really upset, and then she said she would down grade us to find a ready room, she looked into her computer and then tells us none of the rooms are ready, come back at 4: p.m. We sat in the lobby, and boy are we really mad; we then start seeing a lot of people checking in, ten minutes to 4:00 pm we go back to the counter and asked why other people are checking in, she looks into her computer and says oh okay I can get your room ten minutes earlier than promised. We were very upset and feel these three girls deliberately delayed us getting our room before 4:00p.m. Even while this was going on I asked to speak to the manager and I was told there was no manager on duty that day. I later found out there was a manager on duty, I also talked to the cleaning staff and was advised our room was ready before 3:00 p.m. in fact the whole floor was ready before 3:00 p.m. We cancelled our stay for the next night, but later we re-booked as we were going whale watching the following day and knew we would be too tired to drive home. The day of the whale watching we spoke to the manager on duty Amanda, she was horrified the way we were treated, and would check into why those girls took such a stand with us. I hope those girls will be retrained and learn better customer service skills. On a positive side I wish to say the suite we had was fantastic and the view we had was very much enjoyed by us, especially me. I also want to thank Amanda for her concern and regrets that our check in request was not honored or any effort made to get us into our room earlier than 4:00 P.m.

Room Tip: water view is really worth the extra fee they charge.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dallas W, General Manager at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I assure you our staff would never deliberately delay a check in if a room was ready. It appears there was a time lapse between when the room was completed until it was made available for the front desk to check in. I do see you had reserved a suite, which we only have 4 of, so we did not have the luxury of assigning one of the other rooms that were ready as this would have been a downgrade from your original reservation, although I do see the offer was made. I am happy to hear that you were able to speak to Amanda about the situation and that you ultimately enjoyed your stay in the suite, which are truly special! My apologies your entire experience was not as intended, upon your return, please contact me directly, I will make your reservation personally and ensure you experience is what it should be.

Best Regards,
Dallas Widmark
Lodge General Manager
Douglas, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed two nights while visiting Anacortes and Friday Harbor. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the lodge and rooms were very nicely decorated, but since everything else was so nice it didn't make sense to us why the mattresses were so uncomfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here overnight as we travel from Vancouver to visit casinos along the I-5. Yes were welcomed fairly warmly, but at the end of the check in there was no mention of where to go from there, just the room number. Employees should treat patrons like they have never been there before, as we had not and the elevators are a little hidden from the front desk, so had no idea where to go. Room was average and there were soft candies left on the floor around the bed. I think they were ju jubes? Obviously no vacuuming before we were given the room.

No fitness center although there was apparently access to one 10 minutes down the highway.

Parking was free and there was a small convenience store just on the other side of the parking lot.

The buffet was exceptional with lots of fresh seafood and other nice dishes. We did have to put up with the hostess and waiter arguing if her hair was really blonde or not on the way to the table. Seems to be a theme here of very young workers being hired which is great as we all have to start somewhere but perhaps a little more training when dealing with customers.

For an overnight stay, it was not bad. Quiet for a Friday night so we had a good nights sleep. We were up quite late so they did allow us a late check out at noon. Shops are not to far away with some great deals.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I took my 89-year-old Mom up for a couple of days and just like the previous times we have been there...we had a fabulous experience. We were greeted warmly at the front desk and loved our room - understated and lovely. (The room was near the ice machine but thankfully it was nice and quiet!). Based on a previous very positive experience, we went to the 13 Moons restaurant and just like with the front desk, our service was warm, engaging and professional. And, that was from the host, our Server, our busboy and one of the cooks who came out to check on our meal! The food is so good and very reasonably priced and as Mom said, "Everyone acted happy that were were there." Lots of places have good food and nice rooms but it is the Customer Service that will keep us coming back. (By the way, we wrote a letter to the General Manager, Dallas, with our feedback and how nice to receive a personal, appreciative and timely reply. Obviously this service attitude exists at all levels!) Thank you for a great time...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a great place to stay and play. The hotel is very welcoming. The room is beautiful, great bathroom, comfy bed, soft linens, amazing tv, and super decor. The hotel has some nice lobby spaces to relax and even a RV park. Very friendly staff in all areas of casino and hotel. Played bingo one night and the team was super there. Outstanding chowder in the sports bar. This hotel is a great choice for any type of travel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Swinomish Casino & Lodge? Share your experiences!