“February Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Anacortes
Seattle, Washington
“February Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed in a Bayview room, views are spectacular, rooms are very nice, enjoyed sitting in the chair drinking morning coffee while enjoying our view of mountains & passing boats. The bathroom is nice, but could use brighter lighting. We had dinner @ 13 Moons Restaurant, delicious & prompt wait staff. We will return.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room with a bayview.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas W, General Manager at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for the review! I’m running out of ways to agree with our guests on beauty of our views! I can’t think of a better way to enjoy morning coffee, it’s great to see you took full advantage of our setting. 13moons is indeed a wonderful dining experience, I’ll make sure to pass the complements to the chef! We look forward to having you back soon!

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from our third stay. If anything the accommodations and lodge service are improving with each stay. The view is outstanding. We've never even turned our Tv on while there. Just turn the chairs toward the window and watch the wildlife and incredible views for hours. The buffet is notoriously bad so we find other options for dining. The slots are pretty boring, too, but maybe it just isn't my thing. The RV area looks very tempting for our next visit. Hotel and casino staff are very curtious and friendly. I have to say that finding out the hot water was out when I went to shower was not pleasant. Being informed that there wouldn't be hot water in time for our check out in a very unapologetic way made me pretty angry. Being able to shower in the morning is pretty important to most travelers staying in a hotel. I feel if an essential service cannot be provided then guests should receive something for the inconvenience. At least an apology. We received neither. We'll take the RV next time. At least we'll know the hot water will work.

• Stayed February 2013
First off thank you for your loyalty as a repeat guest. Since opening we’ve strived to enhance the experience we provide and your thought that our service and accommodations have improved with each stay is appreciated. We did in fact experience a hot water challenge this past weekend and I must extend my sincerest apologies that our staff did not respond in a manner that you or I expect. Please contact me directly so I may obtain your reservation details and I would be happy to address this concern for you personally. Thank you again for your loyalty and your feedback, both are invaluable.

Everson, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We needed to take a moment and tell you that we have frequented this hotel once a month for our "monthly getaway" and each time we go, there are two especially wonderful girls working at the front desk that we felt it necessary to share how wonderful they are. Working myself in the customer service industry I know how important this quality is in developing the overall rating of your establishment. These two girls are absolutelyt amazing and make our stay so positive every single time. These two are truly the reason we look forward to our getaways and really are the reason we return. Their little extra "going the mile" by extending themselves and making sure that are accomodations are up to par and that we are being treated 'right' is truly what good customer service is all about. It is because of Kari and Christina A that we will continue to visit your establishment and will tell others how wonderful of a place this is to visit. Thank you Kari and Christina A- we'll see you in about a week :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas W, General Manager at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the review. As a new hotel property we've worked extremely hard to establish a high standard of service, one that immulates the warmth and hospitality that the Swinomish Tribal Community is known for. Kari and Christina A have certainly delivered that standard to our guests everyday and I'm delighted to see you we able to experience their genuine hospitality first hand, they are indeed special! Thank you again and we look forward to having you back soon!

Kirkland, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a Bay view Suite, room 1310 it had an excellent view of the bay. The weather was cold and clear and you could see Mt Baker and the San Juan Islands from our room. The bath room shower has big glass doors and is made of all granite floor and walls, I am a tall guy and I had plenty of head room to shower.
The breakfast buffet was outstanding a nice selection of food and made to order omelettes! The rustic decor with a western theme is also done up nicely around the buffet and main casino bar area.The staff was friendly and professional!
The Casino is clean but boy can they use some new slot machines, I heard that they have new ones arriving in the next few weeks, hope that is true.
We plan on coming back in the summer to enjoy the outdoor decks and dinning. It looks like a great place to go for walks along the waterfront.

Room Tip: The bay view suites are fairly large enough to host a few guests before you head off somewhere.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas W, General Manager at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We have had some excellent weather this month affording some amazing views of Mt. Baker and the San Juan Islands from our guest rooms. I’m delighted to see you were able to enjoy this truly unique offering our property has that you simply will not find anywhere else. Our setting on the Padilla Bay truly sets us apart. The breakfast buffet is always popular with our guests and you can never go wrong with a made to order omelet. We are in fact expecting new slot machines soon and will continue to update our slot offerings throughout 2013. We look forward to having you back this summer!

Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were upgraded to a Bay View Corner suite during our visit January 15th. It was beautiful. The evening lights and morning views were fantastic. We drank our coffee by the window and watched Mt. Baker, eagles, other soaring birds and boat traffic. Enjoyed a soak in the tub and just had a memorable evening. The Tuesday buffet wasn't bad either. Thanks to a wonderful staff and we promise to be back soon!

Room Tip: Always pay extra and get the view side.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate the review! You have outlined the exact guest experience we had in mind when we designed our Corner Bayview Suites. There is not a lot more I can say besides thank you! We look forward to having you back soon!

Nanaimo, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed last week for a night before continuing down to the Tulalip Casino in Marysville. Front desk girl was a little dim and not too friendly, but fruit-infused water at the check-in was a nice touch. Our room was very nice, no complaints there. Gambling was so-so, not too many winners that I could see. The lady at the rewards desk was very helpful and friendly, and gave my husband and I a free hamburger meal each for signing up. We had a late-night hamburger in the bar, which was pretty good. The next day, we went to the "buffet" (and I use the term loosely) for lunch. My husband had actually gone there before me to "check it out" and had apparently stood at the reception desk waiting to talk to the hostess. He said that she had carried on a conversation with another staff member and totally ignored him. He finally walked in and checked out the serving stations and met me back at the entrance. He whispered to me, "forget it!", but I wanted to check it out for myself. So I stood there as the hostess, again, carried on a conversation with a staff member. I work in customer service myself, and couldn't believe how she ignored us! Not a "be right with you", "sorry to keep you waiting", or even a signal that she knew we were there. (I walk bent-over with a cane right now, due to an injury, and was obviously struggling to stand there for any length of time.) So I walked in, and couldn't believe the miserable excuse for a buffet that was offered. A few serving trays of food that I could not identify, and other pans with one or two portions of vegetables that were adhered to the bottoms of the pan. And the price....$11.95! The Skagit Casino...a few miles away...blows this place out of the water...cheaper and 300% better. I wouldn't recommend this buffet to my worst enemy. We ended up at Anthony's for lunch in downtown Anacortes...highly recommended! All in all, I would stay here again because the price was reasonable and the assortment of slot machines was fine...but don't go near that buffet!

Gig Harbor, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We went to the casino last night and had their buffet.was disappointed , we asked to talk to the manager who was very condensating to my husband,the food was not that great as we told him , we also told him with my husband having celiac disease he can only eat a few things, I had walked through and found a few things he could eat , anyways the manager said did you let your server know. Nope we never had a choice, anyways he did take that meal off but proceeded to tell us he has no idea what the cooks do, I think he should .am sad I would of taken the shuttle to the casino every day to play the slots but with that attitude I will not

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin S, Manager at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Posted on behalf of Kurt Schwinden, Food & Beverage Manager:

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for your experience at the buffet and am disappointed that we were unable to assist you with your requests. The lack of concern and attitude our team member demonstrated for your specific needs is unacceptable. We strive to offer the best customer service and I assure you this situation has been addressed. I believe in the product and service we offer at our beautiful property and will use this review as an opportunity to address our team. Thank you again for informing us of your experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly and be assured that we strive to perfect the high standards we have set as an organization and will continue to improve, thanks to your feedback.

Kurt Schwinden
Food & Beverage Manager
Swinomish Casino & Lodge
kschwinden@swinomishcasino.com
360-293-2691

Been to Swinomish Casino & Lodge? Share your experiences!