“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Beaverton, Oregon
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stumbled on the Majestic when all of the "trendy" restaurants were filled. We really didn't expect much because the dining room/bar is relatively small with only a few patrons. However, we were tired and hungry so we decided to give it a try.

Although the service was a bit slow, the menu offered a fixed price 3 course meal for $18.00. I ordered a Caesar salad and steak, while my wife had a pecan salad with shrimp linguine.

I was a bit skeptical of the quality of the meal based on the price, but was pleasantly surprised with the end result. The salads were good, and the entrees were both excellent!

I had an unusual strawberry shortcake for dessert while my wife had mixed sorbet. Both desserts were superb.

We went to one of the "trendy" places the next evening, and wished we had eaten here.

Visited September 2013
Matt P, Guest Relations Manager at 5th Street Bistro, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Todd, thank you so much for joining us for dinner. We take great satisfaction in exceeding the expectations of new guests. I’m glad you were able to see why the Bistro Trio is the best deal in town, excellently prepared culinary creations at an unbeatable price. Please come visit us again next time you’re in town!

Moran, Wyoming
“Absolutely Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The clam chowder is the best I have ever had (and I am from New England and have attended a chowder cook off). The chef puts only whole entire clams (minus the shell of course) in the soup, not just diced up pieces of clam meat. Also, for dinner they offer 3 delicious courses for $18, which is an amazing deal. The portions and the quality greatly exceeded my expectations for this price point.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to review the 5th Street Bistro, we always appreciate feedback from valued guests about their experience. I couldn’t agree more with about the clam chowder. The fresh manila clams, sautéed to order in a bath of white wine and butter, give the dish a unique (and delicious) touch. Please come visit us again in the near future and let us raise the bar even higher.
Portland, Oregon
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

While staying at the Majestic Inn & Spa, I had a few opportunities to take advantage of eating at The 5th Street Bistro. The macaroni and cheese (with truffle oil, bacon, and chicken) was to die for! I also had the coffee rubbed New York Strip steak which was delicious. I also recommend their breakfast! I am a big fan of bacon and they have a thick bacon that is amazing! Although this place is small, it is very inviting and the chef truly seems to care what is put on the menu.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
I’m glad you find so many items on the menu to be outstanding. We strive to constantly create and improve dishes that will keep valued patrons like yourself coming back. Next time you’re in lovely Anacortes, please come to the 5th Street Bistro to see what’s new and improved – I guarantee you will be more than satisfied yet again.
Bothell
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The food is great the service is even better. Prices are very reasonable. It is quaint little restaurant and you never have to leave the hotel.

Visited September 2013
Thank you for the great review Terri! Our staff of both chefs and servers is tremendous and it’s always great when their hard work is acknowledged by guests. We try to keep our prices as reasonable as possible while still providing the very best in food quality. The quaint and charming atmosphere is definitely something we embrace. As a historic building built in 1889, the building has an immense amount of history and we try to stay true to its heritage by embracing its original aura.
South Carolina
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great food and nice variety of menu items- had breakfast and supper here. Service was good. and it was very convenient to downtown and other sights.

Visited June 2013
The central location of the Bistro is absolutely one of the advantages we have over other restaurants in town. After an outstanding meal, it’s great to be able to stretch your legs and walk around beautiful downtown Anacortes.