“Trial night stay extended a week” 3 of 5 stars

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Aberdeen
701 East Heron Street, Aberdeen, WA 98520   |
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Aberdeen
Monument, Colorado
“Trial night stay extended a week”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Aberdeen/Hoquiam area trip was for business purposes, and, quite frankly, this hotel is THE only decent accommodation in those two towns. There are others, but much older and shoddy in appearance and consequently much cheaper. I meant to ask the age of the Guesthouse, but forgot. I'd guess it to be older, judging from the wallpaper borders, but it was clean, beds comfortable, our room spacious with anteroom in which was a small sleeper sofa, fridge and microwave. We paid extra to be on the top floor because the lower floors would probably be noisy as the floors were wooden. The complimentary breakfast was low standard; the pool murky. Front desk said they weren't aware of that and would attend to it post haste. For the area, not being the tourist season, overall quality of the hotel, I thought it over-priced, but management did negotiate a multi-day, senior discount. The Gray's Harbor area which includes these 2 cities, seems to be more a working area than tourist destination, but it is a good, centrally-located base to explore the coastal cities & Olympic Peninsula. When I return, I'd stay in the GuestHouse again.

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Eatonville, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Watch out for the bugs. I notice a few in the bathroom the night I got there. But they took over the kitchen counter by morning. Told the front desk and there response was thank you. I stay here quite often and never really had an issue. I will be staying in town agin this week I won't stay here. I was disappointed in the response and glad my wife wasn't there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Aberdeen hotels

Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We visit family in Aberdeen two to three times a year, and have been staying here for the last several years. This motel is above average, which is way better than any of the other motels (we used to stay at the Red Lion Inn before the new owners/or they lost the contract). The day staff is very nice and helpful, and the manager (Angel) is very accommodating if you have special needs. The facility is nice, but it is starting to show its age....... eg. a little missing stonework around the pillars and front of the building, stained carpeting, damage on walls that are not repaired. I suspect this is part of the poor economy and the overall decline of the Aberdeen community. The rooms are clean and the house staff care about their important work. The breakfast is very nice. I especially like the waffle machine!! We will continue to stay here and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Stay in the North end rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Fine. Just fine. Is how I would rank this hotel. I was in town for a week on business, so I got to see many of the front desk staff. None of them acknowledged people, and were only luke warm to the ones who approached them. For work, I probably met 200 people that week and they were all super friendly. I can't believe the hotel found 6 unfriendly people in Aberdeen to staff their front desk. SO, don't expect friendly service. When my team used the breakfast area for meetings that ran until 9-10 PM, nobody seemed to mind either though- so that was a plus.

The double queen room was large and comfortable. I agree with suprvulcan, that a look out the window just confirmed what I had heard about the area; that it was long past it's heyday; boarded up windows lined the industrialized river.

The hot tub was out of service for the ENTIRE week. Really?! Breakfast was also fine. Waffles and boiled eggs. Two kinds of cereal, the requisite blueberry muffins and bagels. Nothing of notable quality, but a good start to the day. The location is near a shopping center that has a grocery store, a Mexican restaurant and a Teriyaki place; along with Subway & Burger King near by. The Teriyaki place was GREAT, if you like that sort of thing. HUGE portions that didn't break the bank.

I am not an overly critical critic. Clean and comfortable is really all I need- but it would be nice to feel like the hotel cared even a little and to this one, people are just a pay day. Unfortunately, it really is the only place to stay in Aberdeen though.

Room Tip: OH! Definitely ask to stay on the 3rd floor because the walls are very thin! I read a report that s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Puyallup, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was not in Aberdeen in rain season by choice, and was traveling alone.
My observation of the Motels in downtown as I drove the avenue-NO WAY!
Traveling alone I preferred the walk in lobby and staff members present 24 hours.

The room-dark and depressing. Room faced the industrialized river. Don't invision romance in this place. I was suprised that my room did come with a few cups/silverware in the tiny kitchenette. The bathroom fan was so loud I was afraid the neighbors could hear it on. BED old and bumpy.

I paid $ 89 + tax for just myself. Over in the tri-cities a few weeks prior I paid the same at a Hampton Inn and it was a beautiful place/room and on the Columbia River (not to mention fresh baked cookies for 7-9 pm). SOOO I felt that GuestHouse would be less expensive. Aberdeen is on the way to the coast, but I would drive the extra 35 minutes to get there if thats where your headed!

Breakfast is a bowl of cereal, instant oatmeal, and other low budget items.
The swimming pool was green but kids where in it...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Woodland, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Overall the hotel is very nice. It has a good selection of room types available that are all nicely equipt. One thing that could be better is the internet service. I have stayed at this location on more then one occassion and it is always very very slow. Even when there isn't many people staying at the hotel. The breakfast offered is also just a basic breakfast the only hot offerings being make your own waffles or the standard hot drinks(coffee, cocoa, etc.).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Pretty good place to stay... Check out the bunk beds!! I stay here pretty regular, twice at least a month, and it's always pretty clean and a reasonable rate for me and my friends. Best place I've stayed in Aberdeen!!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Aberdeen? Share your experiences!