“Good but hostess wasn't very nice” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Atlantic
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
“Good but hostess wasn't very nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Our waitress was very nice and the food was really good. We both had the Easter buffet which had good amount on it. Our only complaint was that the hostess was very rude when we walked in and told her we didn't have a reservation. It was only the two of us and then she gave us an attitude when we asked for menu. However we will go back because our waitress was very nice and food was good!

Ocean City, Maryland
“unfriendly owner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

ive been dining at wrights for about 2 years now....i first went there in 2012 with my wife...i ordered the fried seafood platter and it was horrible...way overcooked...but my wife ordered the crab imperial and loved it so that is why we ended up trying it again this summer...After this summer though,i will never and i mean never go back...The food was horrible again and this time my wife agreed...both of our platters were cold and i actually met the cook and she said her name was Teresa...She was the most unfriendliest person i think ive ever met in my entire life...she must have a miserable life because she had this scowl on her face....ive given this place two chances and both times it let me down....dont ever go here...

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Finally, seafood on the water.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Wrights

We went by this morning for breakfast only to learn that they are only open for dinner 4 to 9. We return about 4:30 and there was
one other table occupied but by 5:30 it was quickly filling up.

We were seated promptly and had a delightful waitress. Both my wife and I had crab cakes only she had a baked sweet potato and I had french fried.

Since blue crabs were not available due to some seasonal vagaries the best we could do was crab cakes and Wright's were as good or better than any we have had. Better was that it is on the water which adds a little to the dinning experience.

I can highly recommend Wright's and I certainly will return if back in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westminster, Maryland, United States
“Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had not visited Wright's Restaurant for a very long time, but we decided to have dinner there last week. The employees were fantastic, friendly greetings all around, and our waitress was not only pleasant but helpful.

My husband's FRESH softshelled crabs were topnotch, and my stuffed shrimp were well-prepared and quite tasty.

The decor is still the same as it was 30 years ago. It really needs an update in order to enhance the beautiful view from the windows. Nonetheless, we were pleasantly surprised by our pleasant time at this restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Less crowded and taxing than Chincoteague”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Visitors to Chincoteague will note the 10+% tax at restaurqnts but it is only 5% here off the island. The view is fabulous and on our visit among the many gulls we also saw an osprey and snowy egret while dining. We also saw a shark and a turtle swim by. Last year we ate at low tide and watched the crabs. The spoonbread is delicious. The menu has frogs legs which my parents have enjoyed when visiting in the past. This trip I had the clam trio special of clam strips, clam fritter and fried whole clams. I ordered it because of the whole clams which are difficult to find at most seafood reataurants. I wish I could have skipped the fritter and strips and just had a plateful of whole clams.There are landlubber menu choices as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere